VGF standard resort studios availability

You can get to it by seeing the background calls made to the server, which can be achieved by pulling up your browser's devtools (ctrl+shift+i or cmd+shift+i on a mac). These service calls will be under the Network tab, can limit the noisy traffic by setting the filter to "calendar-availability" which is the last portion of the url the site uses to get availability info. These calls to the server are made when you're browsing the calendar. Wish they just put that info on the UI without the need to do this, but I guess they might think it'd cause more issues than help.

Looking all the way ahead to 11 months out, max I'm seeing for a day is about xxxx available for standard resort studios, and xxxxxfor standard deluxe studios. But of course that's end of august, hopefully won't be much worse for 2nd week of december at 8am 🤞

Removed data
Very interesting. Thanks for this.

Agreed. Everyone was saying that all the pressure would be on one bedrooms, that so many buyers were going to use their new points to book one bedrooms that it was going to seriously affect their availability. (I added on for that reason.) Everyone just assumed there would be no issue with resort studios, even at seven months. Wrong!

Turns out people bought BPK to stay at BPK. If you’re looking for a resort studio for almost any time, it looks like you need to walk.

I have seen the resort studios last well into the home resort period for the times we were looking to go. So, I am not sure walking is needed all the time…at least that is not my experience so far,

So far, I think the 1 bedrooms are doing well for owners, but for those that don’t own, it’s definitely been harder. I am glad I did own because the days I wanted at 7 months were gone…I have been able to use SSR points for the past few years without issue.

I agree though, for those who own, it does seem that if you are booking at 11 months, you should be good, It will be interesting to see if it holds for this upcoming fall frenzy season now most of the points are sold.

For all the talk about BPK potentially affecting the availability of one bedrooms, the current availability charts tell a different story. The absolute hardest to book, even at 11 months, are all the different types of resort studios.
I don't think this is true at all from what I am seeing. The Deluxe Studios seem to always be gone before the Resort Studios.

For all the talk about BPK potentially affecting the availability of one bedrooms, the current availability charts tell a different story. The absolute hardest to book, even at 11 months, are all the different types of resort studios.
Could you elaborate on this current availability chart you are referencing? I have not seen the trend you are stating.

Could you elaborate on this current availability chart you are referencing? I have not seen the trend you are stating.
There’s a great website for checking availability, which lists up to the minute data for all the resorts, all room types for eleven months down to one, for every month of the year. The Grand Floridian’s is pretty gruesome for resort studios. I’ll put the link here. Not sure if it will survive the system, but here goes:

DVCHelp.com

I have seen the resort studios last well into the home resort period for the times we were looking to go. So, I am not sure walking is needed all the time…at least that is not my experience so far,

So far, I think the 1 bedrooms are doing well for owners, but for those that don’t own, it’s definitely been harder. I am glad I did own because the days I wanted at 7 months were gone…I have been able to use SSR points for the past few years without issue.

I agree though, for those who own, it does seem that if you are booking at 11 months, you should be good, It will be interesting to see if it holds for this upcoming fall frenzy season now most of the points are sold.
One advantage we have is that we love the one bedrooms with the nicer views, which are always the last to go.

There’s a great website for checking availability, which lists up to the minute data for all the resorts, all room types for eleven months down to one, for every month of the year. The Grand Floridian’s is pretty gruesome for resort studios. I’ll put the link here. Not sure if it will survive the system, but here goes:

DVCHelp.com
The info states the charts are updated several times a month. That's not going to be real great for knowing 11 month availability if correct. That means the villa might be available for a week or some unknown length of time before showing up on that chart and plenty of time for an owner to book. The DVC booking site is the only one to really count on as I have yet to see an availability tool that is up to the second correct, not that they should be actually.

I'd follow @drusba 's availability info before any other.

Last edited:
The info states the charts are updated several times a month. That's not going to be real great for knowing 11 month availability if correct. That means the villa might be available for a week or some unknown length of time before showing up on that chart and plenty of time for an owner to book. The DVC booking site is the only one to really count on as I have yet to see an availability tool that is up to the second correct, not that they should be actually.

I'd follow @drusba 's availability info before any other.
I think you’re misinterpreting my meaning. I’m not suggesting using this site as any sort of actual real time indication of what is specifically available at any resort. For that the only site that means anything is of course the DVC one. I just re-read my post, and my apologies for implying otherwise.

I do think it’s useful, though, for a rough idea of challenging booking times throughout the year for different room types across the DVC resort spectrum. And I don’t think, in a general sense, that it’s wildly inaccurate. And what it’s telling me is that resort studios at VGF are not guaranteed bookings even at 11 months for most of the year. If I were going to book one, I would probably consider walking the reservation just to be safe.

And if I were a new owner, I’d find that particularly annoying.

Last edited:
Hmm, browsing calendar during home advantage times I don’t see any ranges where there’s better room availability compared to studios for a given view. Just seems to me that the same rules of studios go first applies even when room type balance is lopsided in favor of studios like the case is with VGF.

Hmm, browsing calendar during home advantage times I don’t see any ranges where there’s better room availability compared to studios for a given view. Just seems to me that the same rules of studios go first applies even when room type balance is lopsided in favor of studios like the case is with VGF.
I guess you’re right, but they just added an entire studio only building! Not complaining, though…I’m just glad there doesn’t appear to be a run on one bedrooms, which seemed like a foregone conclusion on so many threads here.

I think you’re misinterpreting my meaning. I’m not suggesting using this site as any sort of actual real time indication of what is specifically available at any resort. For that the only site that means anything is of course the DVC one. I just re-read my post, and my apologies for implying otherwise.

I do think it’s useful, though, for a rough idea of challenging booking times throughout the year for different room types across the DVC resort spectrum. And I don’t think, in a general sense, that it’s wildly inaccurate. And what it’s telling me is that resort studios at VGF are not guaranteed bookings even at 11 months for most of the year. If I were going to book one, I would probably consider walking the reservation just to be safe.

I understand that but it was the basis for stating that Resort studios are almost impossible to book even at 11 months if I understood that post correctly. And that just isn't so. That's where the timing of updates for the availability sites is quite important and if it's infrequent it will matter.

Well, I have monitored it and have never seen them go that fast. The SV deluxe tend to and sometimes the resort SV are gone at sometime thst mornjng and of course, last December they went fast.

The other views have stayed avaialbe well into the 11 month window for most of the year. YMMV

I understand that but it was the basis for stating that Resort studios are almost impossible to book even at 11 months if I understood that post correctly. And that just isn't so. That's where the timing of updates for the availability sites is quite important and if it's infrequent it will matter.
Well, I have monitored it and have never seen them go that fast. The SV deluxe tend to and sometimes the resort SV are gone at sometime thst mornjng and of course, last December they went fast.

The other views have stayed avaialbe well into the 11 month window for most of the year. YMMV
Well then I stand corrected! I thought the site was more accurate than it apparently is, though I wouldn’t discount using it as a rough availability guideline. It’s been helpful for us booking one bedrooms, and relatively in sync with the DVC booking site at least for bookings I’ve made.

Agreed. Everyone was saying that all the pressure would be on one bedrooms, that so many buyers were going to use their new points to book one bedrooms that it was going to seriously affect their availability. (I added on for that reason.) Everyone just assumed there would be no issue with resort studios, even at seven months. Wrong!

Turns out people bought BPK to stay at BPK. If you’re looking for a resort studio for almost any time, it looks like you need to walk.

This may be controversial, but if it is, so be it. The problem is that in most of the newer resorts, your initial buy-in just doesn't have the booking power that it did in the early days of DVC. I suspect a lot of these folks are booking studios because they're having to just to 'have' a vacation. 160 points (or whatever the minimum is today) just doesn't go as far as it does in the older resorts, and I doubt the guides are as forthcoming about this as they should be, but are rather as forthcoming as they have to be by law.

With the points value at these newer resorts, I suspect that the minimum 'effective' buy-in truly lies around 300-350 points, but we all know that DVD isn't going to raise it to that level because that would absolutely shut out their ability to close a sale at the SSR sale center down to WAY less than it is now. I'm sure they are within their legal requirements, but they are apparently severely downplaying the true value of points at these newer resorts at the point of the initial sale.

This may be controversial, but if it is, so be it. The problem is that in most of the newer resorts, your initial buy-in just doesn't have the booking power that it did in the early days of DVC. I suspect a lot of these folks are booking studios because they're having to just to 'have' a vacation. 160 points (or whatever the minimum is today) just doesn't go as far as it does in the older resorts, and I doubt the guides are as forthcoming about this as they should be, but are rather as forthcoming as they have to be by law.

With the points value at these newer resorts, I suspect that the minimum 'effective' buy-in truly lies around 300-350 points, but we all know that DVD isn't going to raise it to that level because that would absolutely shut out their ability to close a sale at the SSR sale center down to WAY less than it is now. I'm sure they are within their legal requirements, but they are apparently severely downplaying the true value of points at these newer resorts at the point of the initial sale.
A new owner could buy 150pts at VGF but then stay at OKW but I know what you are trying to say.
However, the WDW pecking order of what rooms cost as cash bookings pretty much match point charts. So staying at Poly or VGF is always going to be more than OKW

As expected, the pressure is on the cheapest product, the studios. There have got to be some professionals in there making spec reservations as well. There's a clear cash product to compare it to that is quite expensive. The VGF 1BR is way too expensive to make spec reservations, it's just too many points.

From what I've seen the not-resort studios have gone first, but there is a lot more pressure on BPK than I expected, especially because of the awful noise issues.

The resort studios haven't been open a year. So the data is a bit weird. They declared the whole building on day one, and aside from a brief home priority opened the whole thing up to bookings. Lots of people swooped in.

So the initial availabilities are completely not accurate for a true 11-month home booking pattern.

You can get to it by seeing the background calls made to the server, which can be achieved by pulling up your browser's devtools (ctrl+shift+i or cmd+shift+i on a mac). These service calls will be under the Network tab, can limit the noisy traffic by setting the filter to "calendar-availability" which is the last portion of the url the site uses to get availability info. These calls to the server are made when you're browsing the calendar. Wish they just put that info on the UI without the need to do this, but I guess they might think it'd cause more issues than help.

Looking all the way ahead to 11 months out, max I'm seeing for a day is about xxxx available for standard resort studios, and xxxxxfor standard deluxe studios. But of course that's end of august, hopefully won't be much worse for 2nd week of december at 8am 🤞

Removed data

After you set the filter, where do you see the final data you screen shotted earlier. This is what I'm seeing. Always cool to see the back-end/inner workings.

1702670400429.png

After you set the filter, where do you see the final data you screen shotted earlier. This is what I'm seeing. Always cool to see the back-end/inner workings.

View attachment 817940
Once you expand a calendar on that page you'll see a list with a bunch of "calendar-availability" lines pop up. Click on one of them, then and then click "Response". It will show you the resort, month, and availability per day.

Once you expand a calendar on that page you'll see a list with a bunch of "calendar-availability" lines pop up. Click on one of them, then and then click "Response". It will show you the resort, month, and availability per day.

Interesting, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter