VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

We are in a handicapped villa and it doesn't have the jetted soaking ton or stand alone shower. We have a regular tub/shower combo with hand rails. Also the fridge is a regular stainless steel fridge.

I'm trying to identify the Handicapped Accessible villas at VGF. If you could post your room number or PM me with the info I would appreciate it.

We just checked out of standard view 1 bedroom 1309. This was a handicapped accessible room.

Thanks for posting about villa #1309 being an HA villa. I will add an annotation to the maps in Post #1. I'm in WDW right now so it may be a few days before I get around to updating the maps.

Thanks in advance.

These are the views from room 1327 1 bedroom standard view.
Panoramic
photo7_zps0b6dd535.jpg

Looking to the left
photo53_zpse7097454.jpg

Looking to the right
photo44_zps5ab562e0.jpg

At night
photo9_zps92f74888.jpg

Thanks again, hbun04. I've added villa 1225 to the list as well.

You're welcome; I've learned so much from the smart and nice people on disboards; all the advice and experience made our trip last week absolutely wonderful.

These are the views from room 1327 1 bedroom standard view.

Thanks for the photos, Disney Spaz. Your villa is fairly close to the monorail track. Did you experience any issues being that close to the monorails?

Lake view studio 1414

Thanks for sharing, JackandSally. If you stay again at VGF, do you think you will book a Lake View villa or do you think you'll try for a Standard View?

Thanks for sharing, JackandSally. If you stay again at VGF, do you think you will book a Lake View villa or do you think you'll try for a Standard View?
. I would book a lake view and try to get a villa facing the same direction.

Thanks for the photos, Disney Spaz. Your villa is fairly close to the monorail track. Did you experience any issues being that close to the monorails?

Nope not a sound. I just booked a std studio for next October and will be requesting the same area for that trip.

1424 is a dedicated two bedroom, H/A with a tub/shower combo in the master. No roll in shower.

Thanks for doing this, wdrl. :surfweb:

1424 is a dedicated two bedroom, H/A with a tub/shower combo in the master. No roll in shower.

Thanks for doing this, wdrl. :surfweb:

And thank you, BCV23, for sharing this information! I'll be updating the maps in a few days and I'll add the 'H/A' designation to villa #1424.

We are at WDW right now and we took a tour of VGF a couple of days ago. I'll post a few photos of our tour soon.

I found out that the VGF laundry room is on the 4th floor right off the atrium. There is also an ice machine on the 4th floor. I didn't think about asking whether there were ice machines on other floors.

VGF is a beautiful resort. I highly recommend everyone take some time while at WDW and check out the resort.

Just back from the 1/2 Marathon. The patio door is definitely soundproof! We opened it one morning and a drone of a generator was running, closed it and NOTHING.
Have pics of straight on view and then towards the left day and night for both, but it appears that I can't attach them?

Thanks,
JRB

I found out that the VGF laundry room is on the 4th floor right off the atrium. There is also an ice machine on the 4th floor. I didn't think about asking whether there were ice machines on other floors.

VGF is a beautiful resort. I highly recommend everyone take some time while at WDW and check out the resort.

Didn't see the laundry room but the ice machine and trash receptacles were right around the corner from our villa. Ice machine came in handy our first night when our refrig refused to make ice.

Enjoy the rest of your WDW trip.

We stayed in 1607 last week. It's a standard view and was fabulous! We faced the main building, the beach and beach pool, covered walkway and the fountain. We could also see the beach and the lake. Plus the monorail. I was concerned with the standard view but it turned out great!!

Here is a map showing the VGF building and its parking lot.

On the map, the Villas' parking lot is below the Health Club and Senses Spa. The parking lot that is to the extreme right on the map belongs to the Wedding Chapel and there is no access between that lot and the Villas' parking lot.

The map also shows the path of the covered walkway from the Villas to the main Grand Floridian Resort building. The path goes to GF's porte cochere. The bus stops for the GF are just beyond the porte cochere to the left.

Guests can also walk to the main Grand Floridian Building by walking through the Beaches pool area. In fact, if you wanted to get to the Monorail Station with as short of walk as possible, it might make more sense to walk through the pool area and enter the GF from its side rather than going to the main entrance.

VGFMap_zps9144d9d0.jpg

Does anyone know if the lake view has any view of the nightly water pageant? Also has anyone ordered room service? If so from where?

We stayed in room 1429 standard view studio Nov 15-18. All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW. Our view was BEAUTIFUL. The room was the last one closest to the monorail. Our room overlooked the fountain. The GF pool and main GF building was just beyond. Initially, I thought I wanted a lower numbered room because it would be closer to the pool and main building and thus a shorter walk. The walk was very easy and not an issue. If we stay there again, I will "request" that same section. My husband didn't know where we were staying until we got in line for ME. We are BCV owners and the family doesn't want to stay anywhere else. I kept telling him we couldn't get a reservation there and to just keep an open mind and think of our weekend get-a-way (just the two of us) as an adventure. He thought the "adventure" was going to be BWV. He seemed just a little disappointed when we got on ME. Well, by the time we checked in in the main GF lobby and got to our room, he was talking about when we could stay there again. I hate to say it, but we didn't miss BCV. This summer we will try to do a split stay BCV / VGF if I can snag a room here. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I could go on and on and on about how much we loved it !!!

Being a BCV/BWV owner, I can't wait to see how you like VGF. Please keep us posted. I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time.

I can't wait to see how we like it, too! We are doing split stay vwl & vgf. Originally, was booked @ blt & a night at vgf opened up & could not pass it up.

We like bcv for summer (Sab) & bwv rest of year. We are going mid December & will post when we return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter