• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Bumping.
I got a standard view studio ressie. Had to waitlist, but it came thru within a week. We're also still waitlisted for a lake view studio, but after looking thru these pics it appears the standard view is a tad more interesting? I'm thinking about deactivating the lake view request. It seems like the only problem with standard is that one view of the roof?

Also, I guess cause it stays booked many are getting the HA rooms that don't require them. Those studios do not have the sit in shower, correct?

Standard could be a view from the front above the doors over the driveway or the side facing the GF buildings.

:earsboy: Bill

We just checked into 1314, a 3rd floor lake view deluxe studio. It's attached to 1316. And the view is gorgeous! We're at the end of the hallway and close to the wedding pavillion. I'm sure we'll be able to see fireworks from here.

To the left:

Straight ahead:

At the end of the balcony to the right:

And all the way to the right:

We just checked into 1314, a 3rd floor lake view deluxe studio. It's attached to 1316. And the view is gorgeous! We're at the end of the hallway and close to the wedding pavillion. I'm sure we'll be able to see fireworks from here.

Yes, I definitely think you'll have a great view for tonight's fireworks show at Magic Kingdom. And you have a great view of the bungalows being built at the Polynesian Resort, too.

Thanks for posting your photos, thisismyusername!

I was in 1214 and had a great fireworks view, yours should be even better 1 floor higher.

ry%3D400

We moved today to a standard view studio, room 1329, all the way to the end of the hallway. The view from here is as equally amazing as it was in the lake view villa that we were in last night--if not even better! We will have a better view of the fireworks, have a partial view of the lagoon, and have a great view of the monorail. We're thrilled. :)

To the left:

Straight ahead:

And to the right:

We moved today to a standard view studio, room 1329, all the way to the end of the hallway. The view from here is as equally amazing as it was in the lake view villa that we were in last night--if not even better! We will have a better view of the fireworks, have a partial view of the lagoon, and have a great view of the monorail. We're thrilled. :)

A second helping of thanks for contributing to this thread, thisismyusername! Assuming that you will return to VGF, do you think you'll book a Standard View or a Lake View?

A second helping of thanks for contributing to this thread, thisismyusername! Assuming that you will return to VGF, do you think you'll book a Standard View or a Lake View?

Definitely a standard view. I know we could wind up with a crappy view of the roof, but this is just a fabulous view. I think it's better than last night's lake view room since we can pretty much see everything--the monorail, the fireworks, a little bit of the lagoon... :)

Definitely a standard view. I know we could wind up with a crappy view of the roof, but this is just a fabulous view. I think it's better than last night's lake view room since we can pretty much see everything--the monorail, the fireworks, a little bit of the lagoon... :) ddc4d

Glad to hear that a standard view is not always crappy. We have a standard view for our trip in October fingers crossed we get a great view like you! Have magical vacation! #wishingiwasinyourshoesrightnow

thanks for the pics angey77 & Lucy D.
We'll be there the end of the month & I hope to be able to add some as well.
And a great big thanks to you, WDRL for this thread.:grouphug:
These pics make me so anxious for our trip!

We were just in 1409 std view one bedroom. Loved the view of monorail, hotel, beach pool and we could watch wishes from balcony. Room was incredible. Loved it!! If I knew how to upload pics I would.

We were just in 1409 std view one bedroom. Loved the view of monorail, hotel, beach pool and we could watch wishes from balcony. Room was incredible. Loved it!! If I knew how to upload pics I would.

Maybe this will help:
To post pictures you must first upload them to a site like photobucket or similar then copy the image code (picture that looks like a mountain next to it usually) and put that code into your post. The picture itself should then show up when you preview and post your response. HTH

Would love to see those pics.:thumbsup2

We were fortunate enough to score a 2 Bedroom Lock-off, Lake View at 7 months for our trip this past June and it was amazing!

I only wish we had more time to enjoy the view as we were only there two nights....

The first four are from our first morning waking up at VGF:

These next few are from the day we checked in:

This final picture is the only one I have of the exterior, but you can see our room very well. We are the top floor all the way to the right with the light on:

There you go!

We were fortunate enough to score a 2 Bedroom Lock-off, Lake View at 7 months for our trip this past June and it was amazing!

Thanks, Duffy Lover, for sharing so many photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #2.

If I am going to be staying in a standard view studio and wanted to avoid a view of the roof (would love a view of the monorail), can anyone suggest a room request that I can make? Away from the elevator perhaps?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter