Via Napoli- Can I add a person at (mobile) check-in?

tofubeast

DIS Veteran
I ate at Via Napoli last month, but the mobile check-in was not working. Therefore, I couldn't tell if it were an option (nor did I need it at the time). I wonder if any of you have had experience adding one to your party at check-in or as part of the mobile check-in.

Thanks in advance.

Danielle

You cannot change party size via mobile check-in. It's only something they can personally manage. Depending on table size, it may cause delays or other issues that need to be reviewed manually.

I ate at Via Napoli last month, but the mobile check-in was not working. Therefore, I couldn't tell if it were an option (nor did I need it at the time). I wonder if any of you have had experience adding one to your party at check-in or as part of the mobile check-in.

Thanks in advance.

Danielle
It probably depends on the size of your party and the tables available at check-in (e.g. it is easier to add one person to go from 3 to 4 than from 4 to 5). You could also try to pick up a reservation for 2 around the same time and ask to be seated together (it's generally easier to find a reservation for 2 than for one).

Are you able to try and modify your party now? I've been able to sometimes add/remove people within a reservation using the app.

You cannot change party size via mobile check-in. It's only something they can personally manage. Depending on table size, it may cause delays or other issues that need to be reviewed manually.
Sometimes it does let you add a person during mobile check in. Sometimes it doesn't. I don't think anyone has figured out a rhyme or reason for when you can and when you can't, so I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not sure that Via Napoli uses mobile check-in. I've always had to go to the host stand. In general for mobile check-in they often but do not always offer the option to change party size. It's dependent on overall reservations as they're managing to a max occupancy number as well as table size etc. As others have said, definitely easier if your +1 takes the party size from an odd to an even number because it likely wouldn't change the table size required. I find Via Napoli to be pretty accommodating ... in fact they often accept walk-ups at non-peak times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter