Via Napoli in Epcot... Good food or no?

Any New Yorkers have thoughts on the pizza? I usually try to avoid WDW restaurants that specialize in food that my hometown does really well in abundance (pizza, Chinese) but I'm curious about how VN measures up.
Not an NYCer but have visited a bunch. A place like John’s is still leaps and bounds better but I would put VN pizza over typical NYC thin crust. Comparing thin crust, deep dish and Neapolitan is hard because they’re all they’re own things, and I kind of love them all.

Last edited:
During Jersey Week a couple of years back, the guy at the table next to us complained to the staff that the pizza wasn't real Italian pizza. LOL!
Sometimes people forget that Italian-American cuisine is not the same as Italian, or recognize different settlements and cultural preferences! The cuisine is so varied that "Italian" is too broad to describe the food traditions from one region to another.
The dishes I've made from Marcella Hazan, Efisio Farris, or a Venetian book aren't the same as the ones my East Coast Italian friends grew up eating. Recipes from Lidia Bastianich resonate more with them, if they have to eat something not handed down! I'm happy to not be burdened by cultural expectations, aside from well prepared, and enjoy it all while others don't like the differences in region/tradition. Or, don't think that it's Italian :rolleyes:
Sure, VN adapts to America and isn't necessarily either. I have no complaints about what I've eaten, and think they straddle the differences pretty well.
I must have spent too much time in the kitchen today, going on about this, so I'll step off my soapbox!

We typically get pizza, absolutely love it. But last summer, we spent a week in NYC, I was pizza'd out. We always hit VN twice per trip because it is DD's absolute favorite food on the planet, so I decided to try some pasta. I got the Penne Arrabiata and it was amazing! When the server sat it down in front of me I thought there would be no way I could finish it, but it was quite possibly the best pasta I've ever eaten and I just couldn't stop! I will likely be skipping the pizza from now on!
I agree with others though who say the service is atrocious. When you first sit down, someone will come to your table and ask if you'd like to get some ridiculously overpriced water. 9 times out of 10, I can barely understand them so that's awkward, but when I tell them I'd just like one of their Aqua Fresca drinks, (because I think this is my server taking our drink order) they tell me they just serve the water. Odd. Though our first visit last year, our water girl was awesome! She spoke English well, and she came and chatted with us the entire meal, she was just so sweet! We actually hunted her down on the way out to thank her for being so awesome and asked if she'd be there for our next visit (she wasn't :( )
But we have never had a good food server there. They're usually easy on the eyes (wink, wink), but poor servers. We go for the food.

For me, nope; bad food and bad service.

Others have had different experiences. Hope you get their experience and not mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter