• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Via Napoli" --- Now we know why..... !!!

Sorry, gotta add me to the not a fan group. Pizza was ok but to me the end was when they served potatoes as a side with my eggplant parm. Potatoes???? Where's my plate of macaroni?? Can't think of any Italian restaurant (or home) that serves potatoes as a side with an Italian meal. My Nonna was turning in her grave!
I agree, I also find it odd that they serve potatoes instead of pasta as a side to the egg plant parm.

Sorry, gotta add me to the not a fan group. Pizza was ok but to me the end was when they served potatoes as a side with my eggplant parm. Potatoes???? Where's my plate of macaroni?? Can't think of any Italian restaurant (or home) that serves potatoes as a side with an Italian meal. My Nonna was turning in her grave!

It is odd ...here in the U.S. -no question. Roasted potatoes are very common at almost all restaurants in Italy(not sure what they serve at Via). What's funny is what's not common? Right -Eggplant/Veal/Chicken Parm ...have never seen it anywhere and I would hesitate to go to one(in Italy) that actually served it!

Dunno, I grew up being fed every Sunday by Italian immigrants, my grandparents, and every meal included macaroni and no, we never called it pasta! There might be potatoes on the table but there was ALWAYS hand made macaroni of some kind. My favorite? Hand made gnocchi!!!

Us too. Ate here once, not impressed we might try again later. Two other places at Disney come to mind that we think are better pizzas.

I've been dying to try Via Napoli! And I'm from NJ (and have been to Southern Italy) so I'm a pizza snob too lol.

For me, it's the pure fact that when I bite into a piece of the Via Napoli Pizza, I truly melt. The flavors are so amazing and I am so surprised that anything can taste that incredible. In general, I'm not a big pizza fan, but every time we go to WDW, we have to go at least twice. It's honestly to us, one of the greatest things we have ever eaten.

We have a ressie here in August and I'm really excited to try it! Are there any restrictions when using the DDP (other than no sharing)? I read on another thread that there were only four pizza varieties to choose from on DDP but it was an old thread.

I can't decide whether to pay OOP or use credits here. On the one hand, it's an affordable meal if we pay OOP and get one large pizza, but on the other hand we have one less adventurous eater and two small children in our group so we'd probably be stuck with something fairly plain going this route. (And personally, I want to try the pizza with artichokes and truffle oil - yum!)[/QUOTE

I'm in the same boat. I've heard it's not the best use of the plan so was considering doing it the night before our plan starts...

It's one of my favorites. Had a family birthday there during Christmas. We took up the entire family table in the middle of the room. We ate and drank and partied for over 2 hours. The staff didn't rush us, service was great, food was amazing. We ordered too much birthday cake and shared it with other diners. One of the best parties of my life and no dishes to wash. I love this place.

Was my favorite meal of the trip. I am from NJ so am also a pizza snob. The only thing I regret was getting an individual sized pizza instead of a large pizza.

Granted, I am from the midwest, but garlic mashed potatoes are what I grown up as having been served with meat based Italian dishes...and eggplant based, too ;)

We tried VN for the first time last trip and LOOOOVED it. Arugula and artichoke pizza...divine.

Granted, I am from the midwest, but garlic mashed potatoes are what I grown up as having been served with meat based Italian dishes...and eggplant based, too ;)

We tried VN for the first time last trip and LOOOOVED it. Arugula and artichoke pizza...divine.

Just had it few hrs ago !! Dw had the chicken parm --- both were amazing !!!!!

Us too. Ate here once, not impressed we might try again later. Two other places at Disney come to mind that we think are better pizzas.

Which other places have good pizza at Disney may I ask?

Boardwalk? Other than that, I can only think of the small microwave pizzas they serve in the QS locations (Pizzafari, Cosmic Rays, etc...)

Can't think of any other places that have different pizza.

This thread is making me rethink our dinner on Epcot night! Going off to google what the menu on the dining plan is...

I just booked a reservation for my trip because of this thread. I'm nervous that my boyfriend won't want to split a large carciofi pizza with me though!

Which other places have good pizza at Disney may I ask?

Boardwalk? Other than that, I can only think of the small microwave pizzas they serve in the QS locations (Pizzafari, Cosmic Rays, etc...)

Can't think of any other places that have different pizza.

Wolfgang Puck Express and surprisingly to us Splitsville had a better tasting pizza than Via Napoli. Haven't tried BW but I would like too. I've heard it is good.

Maybe it's because we're from Chicago but DW and I weren't blown away by Via Napoli on either occasion. Interestingly, we both loved the pizza we ate at a hole in the wall in Italy.

My hubby is from North Jersey, and is a true pizza snob. We have an ADR to eat here next month. He doesn't even really care about the pizza though. He already told me that his meal will be Arancini, Linguini allo Scoglio, and Zeppole di Caterina. He was so excted to see the zeppole on the menu. Hoping he likes it. He misses his really good Italian food living here in St. Louis now.

Maybe it's because we're from Chicago but DW and I weren't blown away by Via Napoli on either occasion. Interestingly, we both loved the pizza we ate at a hole in the wall in Italy.

I'm from Chicago-land as well but LOVE deep dish and New York paper thin pizza.

If you're a Chicago deep dish lover, I can see you not liking this

I was definitely blown away! But to each is own!

I actually met a friend in Orlando and enjoyed some Unos Saturday night! Yum! Didn't expect to find one down in Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter