Via Napoli really that good?

It really depends what style of pizza you like. It's a bit doughy, which I like, so I really enjoyed it. The wait staff is also incredibly nice. We walked up there with a 5 minute wait in late September. Given the trend on this thread, I guess I need to throw in that I'm also from CT and half-Italian? I actually don't think that matters . . . again, it just depends on what style of pizza you like. If you like a fluffy crust, it's pretty darn good, IMHO.

I've eaten there several times, it's delicious! Tastes just like the pizza I've had in Naples, Italy.

The pizza window is a great snack or small meal. The pizzas inside are more than I would ever pay, even though it is pretty good. If you don't have a really good pizza place where you live, I would recommend it.

We tried it for lunch last year to share one of the big pizzas. The pizza was good and we enjoyed it. And if you’re just getting that and sharing it can turn out to be a good deal. However, we ended up all (four of us) getting salad, and two of us had tiramisu so our cheap lunch ended up pretty pricey. All in all it was good and you can save some money if you share and don’t get anything else, but we won’t be making it a point to go back.

I'll never understand why people get so territorial about pizza. There are many different kinds, and all of them can be great. None is "the best," as it's not a contest.

Via Napoli's pizza style is Neapolitan, which is defined by its charred crust and slightly soggy base. It's usually eaten by hand, folded in thirds. Their version is solid, and they use all fresh, imported ingredients. They do a good job with it. You may like it or not. I don't go there expecting it to be "better" than NY slices or Chicago deep dish. And neither should you.

Last edited:
I eat there a couple times a year.

But the pizza rarely factors into it. I think the sauce is ok, the servers are frequently quite nice (and interesting), and I like that area for the fireworks show.

I eat there a couple times a year.

But the pizza rarely factors into it. I think the sauce is ok, the servers are frequently quite nice (and interesting), and I like that area for the fireworks show.
To be fair, it's not sauce, rather, it's fresh, uncooked crushed/pureed tomato, as that style of pizza dictates. But, you like what you like, and that's fine.

I thought it was just ok. Pasta was average and we thought the pizza was awful. I am from CT and the pizza here is great, it was similar in style but soggy, the bottom had no char. When I asked I was told they cook it like that so people don’t complain it’s burnt if they see char in the bottom. The waiter said they get a lot of complaints if they cook it properly.

As others have said, it's Neapolitan style, which has a soggy bottom (not the Soggy Bottom Boys :rotfl2:). It's actually a little more cooked than what I have had in Naples.

We like it. Our son is picky and just gets pepperoni and cheese, no sauce. The Quattro Formaggio and Carciofi pizzas are good. We like the arancini and salads too. We will be eating there on NYE for our our 4th or 5th time.

Well, if it matters where you're from, I'm from MA, but, I left as soon as I realized I was free to go.

We always ask for our pizza there cooked a little more.

I sometimes order pepperoni. My order last time with the younger waiter on the Cultural Program, that led to a discussion with him saying growing up in Italy he never heard of pepperoni Pizza until he came here. I changed my order to what he grew up eating, Margherita, Tomato, basil, olive oil.

I've never had a bad pizza there.

I am from CT and the pizza here is great, it was similar in style but soggy, the bottom had no char. When I asked I was told they cook it like that so people don’t complain it’s burnt if they see char in the bottom. The waiter said they get a lot of complaints if they cook it properly.
And so the management told servers to tell customers ordering the pizza the following: "Our pizza is an authentic Neopolitan style pie which has some char on the crust. If you'd prefer we can avoid that but you'll note the crust may seem soggy in places."

That's what happened, right??? :rolleyes1

We like it, partially because it's incredibly affordable... in Disney dollars, at least ;) We can easily split a pizza and our bill is a fraction of the cost of other spots in WS.

Never been disappointed by the pizza! And the service is consistently good.

Since you asked for pictures, here's a large pizza (serves 2-3 as main course), individual (serves 1-2 as main course), and a fettuccine (serves 1). Serving sizes are my own thoughts! There is one size bigger pizza size that is a rectangle I believe. The pizzas look large but they're quite thin, so not as heavy as something like Dominos.

IMG_5523.jpeg

IMG_3742.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

Is it really that good? I don't think it's anything to go out of your way to try, but if you're hungry for pizza, it's probably your best option in the parks as most of the other pizza places are like reheated mediocre frozen pizza.

If you have Neapolitan pizza locally, it's no different. We have dozens of Neapolitan joints near me so it was nothing special. That said, not everyone has pizza like this around them and so it's worth a try if it's new to you. Very thin, doughy/chewy, slightly soggy crust rather than a crisp typical thin crust where the crust is more a vehicle for toppings.

The pasta comes from a different kitchen and was just okay, very eggy noodles and minimal sauce. If you've had the refrigerated pasta noodles that they have in the deli cases by the ravioli at a grocery store that you just boil for a few minutes, that's what the noodles tasted like to me. Much eggier and starchier tasting than dried noodles.

Last edited:
I thought it was just ok. Pasta was average and we thought the pizza was awful. I am from CT and the pizza here is great, it was similar in style but soggy, the bottom had no char. When I asked I was told they cook it like that so people don’t complain it’s burnt if they see char in the bottom. The waiter said they get a lot of complaints if they cook it properly.
NJ here, we also thought pizza was awful. But so many love it. All have different tastes.

OMG! I am also from CT and I moved to Pittsburgh 8 years ago and I miss the CT pizza So badly.
OP, I had the Via Napoli pizza and I thought it was pretty good, especially for WDW, but not as good as CT pizza, lol. Definitely an Italian pizza vs a ”Greek” made pizza like eastern CT, nor a “New Haven” style traditional to central and western CT. But it was better than Pittsburgh pizza.

The reality is that Via Napoli delivers an authentic Italian experience, which flies in the face of many people’s idea of Eye-talian (I.e., Italian-American) food, and is therefore off-putting to some. Pastas and pizzas are lightly sauced, and fresh or dried pastas are used depending on what the preparation calls for. There is a nod to American tastes with the obligatory chicken parm, the be-all and end-all of all things Italian-American. But the best things at Via Napoli (still a chain, let’s not forget) tend to be the more authentic Italian dishes.

@LoveDaisy The last time we were there the char was still apparent especially if it came out of the oven with soot marks in the front.
I found the pies a credible eat and the slices from the outside window abysmal in a fast food kind of way. Due to menu changes some items we enjoyed such as miso frito are gone but the kids still liked the meatballs and spaghetti as the sauce didn’t taste like most supermarket bottled stuff. Nothing wrong with the arancia or house salad either. We tended to eat there every visit to mollify the children.
Agree the window pizza is lousy to be kind. We have given it more than one chance for reasons unknown and every time it didn't fail to disappoint. We think the pizza on the inside is pretty good but like all things disney way over priced

We love the Arancini. My husband gets the Filetto di Manzo or the Branzino and my favorite is the Ravioloi di Ricotta e Spinaci. Surprise, the grandchildren order pizza, lol.
The food is delicious. We have never had either a bad meal or bad service at Via Napoli.

OMG! I am also from CT and I moved to Pittsburgh 8 years ago and I miss the CT pizza So badly.
OP, I had the Via Napoli pizza and I thought it was pretty good, especially for WDW, but not as good as CT pizza, lol. Definitely an Italian pizza vs a ”Greek” made pizza like eastern CT, nor a “New Haven” style traditional to central and western CT. But it was better than Pittsburgh pizza.

Via Napoli ships the water they use for dough in from Pennsylvania. They found the water has the same qualities as water from Naples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter