• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vichyssoise at Les Halls

enchantingodin

You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself
Hi there DIS foodies, my google-fu has failed me and I'm hoping one of you knows the answer...

I was recently trolling Disney Menus and noticed that Les Halles now serves Vichyssoise in a bread bowl. But my question is - is it REALLY vichyssoise? Or is it just potato leek soup trying to sound fancy?

'Traditionally' vichyssoise is served cold. And while I love potato leek soup, cold in a bread bowel sounds... :crazy2: EW! HOT or warm in a bread bowel on the other hand sounds A-MAZ-ING :cloud9:.

Anyone know?

New one to me. Not sure, I don’t recall seeing it offered in November but I was extremely distracted by chocolate

New one to me. Not sure, I don’t recall seeing it offered in November but I was extremely distracted by chocolate

No worries, chocolate can be OH SO distracting...

It's on the website/app - not that this is a guarantee. I've only been able to find one picture of it on the interwebs, it's #12 in this "article" from Jan 2018. But not too much of a description there...

https://w w w.number-2-pencil.com/33-delicious-thing-to-eat-and-drink-at-walt-disney-world/ (take out spaces in WWW)

dae4da0530f64af6baf019b1950faf4c.jpg

Last edited:
I remember getting this last May (?) and it was hot. I'm a sucker for a bread bowl and the creaminess of the potato soup made the inside of the bowl really gooshy and yummy :lovestruc

I remember getting this last May (?) and it was hot. I'm a sucker for a bread bowl and the creaminess of the potato soup made the inside of the bowl really gooshy and yummy :lovestruc

YES!!! I knew one of you guys would know!

I'm the same, love me some bread bowl deliciousness! So warm and gooey and just plain NOMS! How sad am I that I'm excited about SOUP at Disney? But I totally AM! :woohoo:

Thank you!

I was looking forward to trying this. I live vichyssoise and make it all of the time. It should be served cold. The soup I got was warm and gray I'm color. Definitely not vichyssoise so I don't know why they would call it that. Don't waste your money trying this.

I was looking forward to trying this. I live vichyssoise and make it all of the time. It should be served cold. The soup I got was warm and gray I'm color. Definitely not vichyssoise so I don't know why they would call it that. Don't waste your money trying this.

I love the potato leek soup they serve at Be Our Guest. Sure it needs a little salt and pepper for my personal taste. But considering the scale they are working on and that they have to appeal to the masses - it's still pretty darn tasty.

Potato Leek Soup, or Potage Pramentier, vs Vichyssoise? To me the difference has always been the consistency. Potage Pamentier is chunky/hearty, while Vichssoise is more refined/smoother. It was originally served cold, that's true enough. But like with any recipe people tweak and change things to thier own tastes/palets/needs.

I'm sorry you had a bad experiance. But I'm still gonna give it a go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter