Victoria BC - AirBnB suggestions?

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
We are tentatively planning a trip to Victoria this July as part of an Alaska trip. Any suggestions of areas of town to stay in, or to AVOID, would be greatly appreciated. Specific street/intersections for reference would be great. TIA.

I like to stay near the inner harbour. I have only stayed in hotels/ B&Bs or gone on day trips . Victoria is very walkable . Unfortunately I don’t get there enough to give specific intersections.

Last edited:
Don't stay at a VRBO. Stay at Abigail's Hotel. It's a B&B. A real B&B, not an airbnb. DH went there on our honeymoon ages ago in the 90s. It's walking distance to the harbor, to the Empress Hotel, to downtown, to the Royal BC Museum.

https://www.abigailshotel.com/

Abigails is amazing. We stayed there in 2003 when I was pregnant with my eldest. I guess you would call it a baby moon now. 😂 Loved it there. Beautiful rooms, great location and I remember the breakfast was so good. I would love to go back.

Looks like Abigail's is sold out for our dates, but I'll keep checking. We will have 3 adults (DW, DD20, and I), and I'm not sure they have rooms with two beds.

I also recommend staying near Inner Harbour. Victoria is going through some crime stuff since Covid, not as bad as Vancouver but still not great. The closer you stay to the tourist hub the more protected you’ll be.

Stay as close to downtown as possible. The harbour area is a great place, and there are lots of hotels around. I've stayed at the Regent, which has lots of suites and is recently renovated (https://www.victoriaregent.com).

We always enjoy The Sticky Wicket in the Strathcona Hotel, it's great if you like pub fare. Bard and Banker is another great restaurant, while Chocolats Favoris serves great dipped soft serve ice cream, in case you needed some places to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter