victoria+ mike's 10-21-07 pj/tr+hm tr-pavilion-boardwalk-disney cruise 7day west

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsh1ne

DIS Veteran
Ok girls i finally figured out how to post pics. (thank you to all that helped me) this is my first crack at something like this so bear with me.

Ok hear goes for a little backround:

me and mike have been together for 8 years. We are high school sweethearts. We came from Long island new york and now live in Davenport florida. here is a picture of our engagment party

XOXjilMXdD8Xo9euAJBS1c3ASsSogozm006.jpg

Our wedding is On october 21st at 2:30 pm
the ceremony is at the wedding pavilion
the pre and reception will be at the ballroom at the boardwalk.
Our rehersal/welcome party will be at yacht and beach shipwreck beach.

i will try to post about my planning when i get better at this.

ok here goes.

Our planning session was on June 4th also my birthday. My wedding planner is Michelle G. and My floral designer was Laura Kidd. The chef was chef Joe. All of them were incredible i could not have asked for more. I am completly confortable that my wedding wil be great.

Me Mike and Our mom's went to the session.

* for anyone who is goign to their planning session "eat breakfast"*

Ok We began our day at franks at 9:00 am. we arrived early so we went in to the pavilion to look around. there were three weddings that day so it was open

Picture080.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture082.jpg

The pavilion is absolutly beautiful. It is so warm and fuzzy just the way you want to feel on your wedding day.

Next- cake

We started our day looking around franks at the invites and centerpieces and charis and all. They had some beautiful cakes btw.

Michelle arrived and we went into The fauna planning room. She would not let me take her picture. she was so sweet.

This part of the planning was very stressful for me. Things that they ask:

-How many at your wedding
- names of your wedding party

here they are
qrtCAPcJ9BeezdtqRevYrOXG3WfZiVpB006.jpg

q2v92TiYgyvoqTcXA0aNhDI1f2ULdTUS006.jpg

-transportation (Coach, Two buses, One limo)

Picture089.jpg

-entertainment (trumpeter, M&M DJ)
-lighting (pin spotting and monogram)
-timing for pictures and other things
-who will be incharge of picking up your items at the end of the wedding (my aunt)
- who will pass out programs
-who is doing all of your paper goods
-How many childre from 0-3, 3-10, 10-21, and 21+
-hotels that you are staying
-Lots of the little planning details but not the real fun stuff.
- She also at this time goes over what style cake you would like ***being pictures***
( i do not know how to post internet pictures yet )
i know that there is more but when that is over you get to eat umm umm um

They brought out the cakes

The flavors were Chocolate, Vanilla, Marble and Almond.
** Keep an open mind when choosing** You might think that you know what you want but, make sure to taste them all! make all diffrent combo's
The fillings were
-Buttercream for the frosting
-bavarian cream- yummy but needs something else like fruit
-Milk chocolate- Nice and light
-Baily's- if you like coffe flavors it was yummy
-Tropical- it was so diffrent and so refreshing
-rasberry- One of my personal fav's So refreshing and creamy
-Amaretto- Wow that is all i can say
-Peanut butter cup- umm umm good

Picture085.jpg

Picture084.jpg

We tried all.. The almond cake was hands down all of our fav's we paired that for the big layer and anniversery layer with the amarett mousse. It tastes qlmost like a toasted almond good humor bar but better.

the middle will be Marble With PB. We originally wanted it with the choc cake but We felt it paired better with the marble. It was a slight diffrence but was enough to change our minds.

I dont really like store cake and i have no i mean no complaints it was so moist and the fillings were perfect.

us really enoying cake
Picture086.jpg

Let me start by saying how absolutly wounderful laura was. i mean i wanted to cry she was so fantastic. she knew what i wanted and really had a fresh feel for weddings. She was open to all ideas and even came up with some great ones.

i should give you guyes some backround. me and mike are coaster lovers and have traveled alot with that. we also come from long island and my family always went to boardwalk for vacation so a boardwalk theme was perfect for us.

I did not want the traditional "beautiful" wedding we wanted something more low key

So our rehersal/ welcome party will be at shipwreck beach. It will be a beach party theme. we will have bbq- chip and dales with mickey head ice cream and Minnie strawberry pops. We have not decided on decor for this yet.

Picture114.jpg

Picture112.jpg

back to laura- I had alot of photos to bring her

** bring double Both planners like to keep things on file and it makes it easier for them**

I had a folder for michell and also one for laura to keep
in the folders had
-my dress (story to follow)
-my moms
-moms wedding photos (more to follow)
- guyes tuxes
-flowers o so many flowers
-bouquet wraps
-cake pics
-bouts
-linens
-invitation sample
-guest list and ages
-momogram
-more then likely some other stuff

When she arrived she started by asking if i had any ideas. I definalty did. I knew the colors and somewhat the stlye.

i wanted my bouquet with big and small roses no greenery and glass beads and stephanotis. In my stephonotis there will be chanpagne crystals
(I really wish i caould show you guyes)
I also wanted light light peach and cream for me.
My bouquet will have double wrap. In cream and peach with crysatl pins

for the girls i wanted peonies and dahlias but, they were out of seasn she quickly without hesitiation knew how to make this work. She suggestied Lisianthus. I will have peach and into the deeper corals for the girls. they will have the same differnt roses, lisianthus and peach orchids (there dresses are brown). they will also have the chanpagne crystals.

all of our bouquets will have a 6 inch tail in peach

Picture087.jpg

for the boys mike will have A bridal rose with stephonotis with crystal. The groomsment will have Orchids wrapped in cream ribbon.

I am sorry if this is all over the place. But i am so excited i am open for questions if needed.

after the girls she asked for mike to leave and asked for my dress pic. now here is the info i bought a dress and then ended up realizing it was not the one. I then bought a new dress and no one new about it. we are not telling anyone. So mikes mom had to leave also. hehe ok so here goes.

After we were done with that we discussed memorial candle. ** there are alot of beautiful options i recommend listening to there ideas**

Then we did grandmas coursages. we did not want this but my grandman is in a wheelchair and can not carry anything. They will be in cream roses

Then for the moms. We had to ask them to leave for this becouse i am surprising them with a replica of there wedding bouquets. I brought pictures of them on there wedding day from 25 years ago and they will replicate them and frame the photos for the box the morning of.

The dads bouts will match the moms bouquets.

we then decided on no decor for the pavilion and we will have a basket of rose petals to throw. each person will take a handful. they will be in the colors from cream -coral.

We also discussed an isle runner which i will have made from original runners.

The alter arangment will be a match to my bouquet and i will be suppying the candles. At the reception she will add a few brighter colord flowers

So now for the reception.
I origninally wanted to have a slidshow but to save money i decided to frame and display the pictures on a table in the pre reseption room. they will decorate tith crystals and tea lights.

The tables will have popcorn boxes with yellow snapdragons and others will have A glass with crushed glass and hydrangeas and a straw for soda on them. So fun i am so excited for this.

That is all we really did for decor for there.

reception decor to follow...

Ok then we discussed decor and such for the reception.

i will be having a photobooth in the side room with boas and glasses for some fun pics

Now some of you might find this a little crazy but my centerpieces will not have any flowers.

We will do the covered chairs and sash and colored napkins in all of these colors

Picture088.jpg

We will be having tall glass vases filled with gumballs, popcorn, rock candy and taffy. On top will be cotton decorated to look like cotton candy and candy apples will be stuck in them. I hope you can all visualize it. I think it will definaly be diffrent and stil pretty.

The cake table will be peach and will have crystals on it. with girls bouquets.

Here are some pics of the ballroom and some i forgot before

Picture107.jpg
this is the patio

Picture106.jpg
pre room

Picture105.jpg
ballroom

o and she thought of the greatest idea for place cards she said to make them look liek ride tickets.

The table numbers will be diffent rides on a boarwalk

** i am so excited***

we still have a few things to go over becouse we ran out of time we had to get over to the boardwalk to get some food.

here we are leaving

Picture079.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Wow im so excited for you! Everything looks so fun! Especially the photobooth that you talk about. That cake looks yummy-- now you have me craving cake and thats not a good thing (or atleast my figure doesnt think so). Ill be tuning in... cant wait for more!:woohoo:

allright ladies the best part food

We then went over to the boardwalk for our tasting
Chef joe and Michelle were waiting there. We went right into the ballroom to do this

** beware they will treat you like fish in a bowl** do not beafraid to show your true feelings towards the food.

We wanted to keep the boardwalk theme for the pre food chef joe was so excited about this and welcomed all of our ideas.

I do not have pictures of the appts becouse well i am so silly and forgot to take them. I am sorry

We will have the cold antipasta display.

** keep this as an option they change the items per season and will create which items you like and dont it is a good ideas to give a nice variey and keep the money down**

We will have Mozarella, Provologne and cheddar chesse, Salami, Pepperoni, Bread, Crackers, Marinated veggies, Two cold seafood salads. Yummy to mee

Then for the past hord. we will have

The most deliciouse mini pizzas This was joes idea and they were yummy. Real chesse and the crust wow. They come in veg, cheese and meat we get all three.

Crab cakes- my fam loved the souce

Cups of shoestring fries with vinegar on the side

Mini corn dogs with mustard and ketchup

Mini gyros- mike wanted this and i did not think that they could do it but!! chef joe said he wanted to do it and we will have them.

so yummy

Then for the reception

We will have first an appt.

we tried the penne ala vodka and the cheddat cheese soup with pretzel bread. Yumm

we could not decide so my mother ( who forgets what money is sometimes gotta love them, We will be giving her wine with the beo) Added a pasta course. so we will be having both.

Picture093.jpg

Picture092.jpg

We then tried our salads.

I suggest sticking to somthing you know or you will end up with this face

Picture096.jpg

This is my mom trying the earthy salad. It was field greens with sunflower seeds and edible flowers. and a fruity dressing.
Needless to say we stuck with the ceasar.

But ** try new things** if anything you get a funny picture

Next was The sorbet

** if you have it in the budget add this course** It is so nice and the flavors ae beautiful

we had the rasberry champagne wow wow i wanted a whole cup. we had it in the martini glass and it was nice. also the fruit was so fresh and so pretty i think that everyone will love this.

Picture098.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Now that i was stuffed they brought out the dinners.

They smelled so good.

We are doing a duo plate. We were very unsure of the sauces that we wanted so they gave us five choices.

Picture102.jpg

They were:
Onion sauce- very tasty but did not like the texture
good with the parm chicken
Parma rosa- So good not too strong but so flavorful
Tyme sauce- Kind of gray but so robust, nice and fresh
good with anything
Sundried tomato- Nice if you wanted a wounderful red souce
And mike fave- lemon cumkwat ( i cant spell sorry)
This was so flavorful if you were having fish or grill chicken as for this. It was wow.

we had the Grill chicken, parmesean crusted chicken and the filet. to taste the souces with

we also tasted asiago mas, garlic mash and baby carrots

baby carrots so yummy and so pretty.

here is how they were displayes

Picture101.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture099.jpg

In the end we had to decide we went with

The parm chicken with parma rosa sauce, the filet with the tyme sauce and the asiago mash and baby carrots. i think that this will please everyonw. We will also have a veg option which is unknown.

this is what my plate looked like

Picture103.jpg

This is us so full
Picture104.jpg

so this is my menu. Our day was wounderful we ended at 3:45. Long but fun and very enjoyable. It is a woundeful thing to do it makes you what good hands you are in and you really feel so special and plus your names in loghts heheh

Picture111.jpg

i hope you all enjoyed this. i loves writing it

If there are anyquestions ask i love to talk about this stuff

I will try to post pics of floral and gowns if someone will tell me how.

and just for fun here are my furbabies

Picture013.jpg

Picture005.jpg

this is tootise

Picture008.jpg

this is layla

o and the moms with there moms day gifts they say mob and mog.
Picture074.jpg

bye bye for now

That food looks so good... do you have room for 2 more on the guestlist? DH and I would love to tag along!!:thumbsup2

you are just the sweetest. i will mail you a plate hehe. i wish i could invite all of you.

thank you for looking

That food looks so good... do you have room for 2 more on the guestlist? DH and I would love to tag along!!:thumbsup2

Uhh... make that 4 please! No need to hire the unwanted guests that DFTW offers! We'll do it for a meal! hahaha:rotfl:
I'm really hungry now after reading this!!!

Congratulations!! Mmmm, your food looks yummy, and those cake samples made my mouth water.

I looove your pics of the WP and the Cinderella Coach!!!

Aww your planning session looked like so much fun. OMG I can not wait for mine!

I love your cats!!! So cute.

Thank you for sharing:)

Thanks for posting this! I love the pics and descriptions. Everything looks great. Your wedding will be gorgeous!

thank you girls for all of the kind words. It makes me feel happy.

I appreciate all comments and nice things hehe

thank you again

Wow! What a great menu - everything looked so good, it must have been tough to pick!!! :confused:
Thanks for taking the time to post and sharing your pics with us! It looks like you guys had a great time!!! :goodvibes

hay girls. I thought i would add some of the other things i have been planning

Does anyone know how to change to thread title so i can say and planning journal??

ok well here Is an idea of my dress. It is not the exact but it is close

ascloseasyoullget.jpg

I love it. Mine is a christina wu gown but there is no piture of it. Mine has a ribbon on the empire waist and it goes down the back so pretty.

Next... the girls dresses

browndres.jpg

They look so pretty on and the back has a ruffle thing i love it.

next this is a Qestion which earings?? these are the choices..

girlsearings.jpg

otherearings.jpg

these are my favorite but i am afraid they are too gaudy???

let me know

And now for the flower girl dress

sos ososos cute

flowergirldress.jpg

these are the guyes tuxes. mikes will the same with a white tie and vest.

vest.jpg

one more thing for this post.

earing i love... do you girls think that they are too short if i am not wearing a necklace. i am wearing a mantilla veil.

forme.jpg

Mmmm...your pictures have made me hungry for cake! You guys are gonna have the most amazing day! Congrats!

hay girls. I thought i would add some of the other things i have been planning

Does anyone know how to change to thread title so i can say and planning journal??

ok well here Is an idea of my dress. It is not the exact but it is close

ascloseasyoullget.jpg

I love it. Mine is a christina wu gown but there is no piture of it. Mine has a ribbon on the empire waist and it goes down the back so pretty.

Next... the girls dresses

browndres.jpg

They look so pretty on and the back has a ruffle thing i love it.

next this is a Qestion which earings?? these are the choices..

girlsearings.jpg

otherearings.jpg

these are my favorite but i am afraid they are too gaudy???

let me know

And now for the flower girl dress

sos ososos cute

flowergirldress.jpg

these are the guyes tuxes. mikes will the same with a white tie and vest.

vest.jpg

one more thing for this post.

earing i love... do you girls think that they are too short if i am not wearing a necklace. i am wearing a mantilla veil.

forme.jpg

To edit your title you go to your "User Op" go to "Go Advanced" then you will see your title and you can change it.

I absolutely love your earings. I think they would be really pretty.

I love love love your earrings! :love: Where on long island did you live??? I was born in oyster bay and I live in syosset now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter