Video chat question

stormer

DIS Veteran
The past few trips I have done the video chat to set up my son’s DAS before we arrived. We will be going again for Thanksgiving. The time I would need to do the pre arrival video chat my son will be away at college. I do not think he would be able to explain his needs and have the conversation without having a meltdown. Is there anyway I can make it a three way chat so he is in and so am I to help him? Just curious if there are any options other than crossing my fingers and hoping he can do it alone.

The past few trips I have done the video chat to set up my son’s DAS before we arrived. We will be going again for Thanksgiving. The time I would need to do the pre arrival video chat my son will be away at college. I do not think he would be able to explain his needs and have the conversation without having a meltdown. Is there anyway I can make it a three way chat so he is in and so am I to help him? Just curious if there are any options other than crossing my fingers and hoping he can do it alone.
The technology they use doesn't allow for a three-way chat so he will have to be with you or on his own. I hope it goes smoothly for you both!

Yes, thanks. I know that, but I was looking to do it before we arrive.
The CM sends you a secure video chat invitation to join. You have to click the link and give permission to begin the chat portion. Since it's a secure video chat link - not a phone call; you can't just add someone else to the video chat.

Your only option might be to do it after you arrive.
If he's going to try to do the call himself, you might want to brainstorm with him what parts might be difficult for him - i.e. you wrote you are concerned him doing the registration himself might lead to a meltdown - what parts or issues with the registration leads you to think that?
How can you help him to prepare?
Tell him to expect to be asked a question similar to:
- what are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines?
- what concerns do you have with waiting in the regular lines that would cause you to leave the line?
He should also expect that he might be asked more questions to clarify - and should think about those questions as the CM just asking for more information, not questioning whether he actually has issues or accusing him of not having a disability.

I assume that he is listed on your account as Friends & Family and that you are designated to make plans for him. If that is the case, after he is registered, you would be able to go back into the chat to do the planning aspect of it, including DAS Advance Selections. That doesn't have to be done the same time as registration. It just needs to be done at least 2 days before your first park day. That part can be very stressful for people and might be better for you to do.
If YOU plan to do it, he should tell the CM on the registration call that you plan to do it later. That way, he wouldn't be put in the queue for Planning and can end the session right after he's registered

If he does decide to do it himself, maybe you could be on a video call with him on another device, to give him moral support.

And if it doesn't work out, there's always guest relations when you get to the park. Although I can absolutely understand wanting the peace of mind of having it arranged ahead of time, in the end the practical benefit may not be that much greater.

Sorry, if this is too late OP, but does your son have a way to put the DAS request on one device like a computer and you on another like his phone? He could have a connection to both, just separate.

Then he can just let the CM that comes on know you are on his other device to help him so he may need to ask you questions to help him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter