Video Chat

Did anyone who is renewing a DAS get asked those questions/fill out a form ? Just curious because I’m trying to renew and didn’t get any questions…just waiting for a cast member to become available like others have reported…

What do you mean by renew? Like have you had DAS before? I have had DAS before in July 2021 (done in person), but it still asks me the questions sometimes. Other times it doesn't ask me the questions.

I'm curious also as I have 2 trips planned close together how it will work - I'm assuming I need to do 2 chats, one for the first trip and then one for the second trip - even though it will be within 60 days, I will need to talk to someone to make my DAS pre-selections. If they did this in MDE, it would be a lot easier.

What do you mean by renew? Like have you had DAS before? I have had DAS before in July 2021 (done in person), but it still asks me the questions sometimes. Other times it doesn't ask me the questions.

I'm curious also as I have 2 trips planned close together how it will work - I'm assuming I need to do 2 chats, one for the first trip and then one for the second trip - even though it will be within 60 days, I will need to talk to someone to make my DAS pre-selections. If they did this in MDE, it would be a lot easier.
That’s what I mean…you already had DAS before that you had gotten from Guest Relations/Guest Services at a park. When you tried to set up a video chat today, did it ask you any questions? I think someone else on this thread said after they answered the questions they were able to get right through, so I was just wondering if the people who didn’t get asked the questions were somehow stuck in limbo land (or a waiting black hole) as someone else mentioned due to some kind of Disney IT glitch? But if it asked you the questions and you’re still waiting, that’s not the case. I have the same questions as you about having two trips in less than 60 days. I hope we will still be able to get the extras for the second trip and not just for the first one!

That’s nice, actually! And interesting too… so you can only book from the Genie + menu, and you can’t select more until you’ve used those, so you can’t get a return time for one of the Individual Lightning Attractions until then, either. So while you *can* ask for a return time for Space Mountain, you have to wait until you’ve been on Peter Pan and Winnie Pooh, and I’m suspecting they do this to gently discourage you and hoping you opt to purchase your return time instead
Maybe I've misunderstood...

The 2 Advanced Planning rides that you can schedule with DAS come from the Genie+ list. These rides are scheduled -- it seems like they offer 10am, 12noon or 5pm time slots. The Individual $LL rides are not included in the Advanced Planning.

You can use DAS as usual once in the park. You do not need to use the rides scheduled with Advanced Planning first, or at all (you can allow those to expire).

You can use DAS for the Individual $LL attractions. It will be a return-time comparable to the standby wait.

I'm not sure what you mean about have to do Pan and Pooh first. It is encouraged to purchase Genie+ to use with DAS, similar to how one could use FP+ with DAS. You are also welcome to pay for the Individual $LL attractions if you prefer a set time to ride, rather than tie up the DAS with a long standby wait. The only $LL ride that is not currently available standby is Remy - all guests must obtain a Boarding Group first; DAS can then be used once your group is called.

We have been waiting almost 4 hours this morning! I got a hello ( it was so small to see)while I was walking with my daughter and holding her arm and the phone and I responded but they left so I had to start all over again! I don know if we will ever get through! I hope they count our first day of arrival as our park day which is Friday not when we arrive which is tomorrow night.

That’s what I mean…you already had DAS before that you had gotten from Guest Relations/Guest Services at a park. When you tried to set up a video chat today, did it ask you any questions? I think someone else on this thread said after they answered the questions they were able to get right through, so I was just wondering if the people who didn’t get asked the questions were somehow stuck in limbo land (or a waiting black hole) as someone else mentioned due to some kind of Disney IT glitch? But if it asked you the questions and you’re still waiting, that’s not the case. I have the same questions as you about having two trips in less than 60 days. I hope we will still be able to get the extras for the second trip and not just for the first one!

Yesterday it definitely asked me the questions, and this morning when I joined it showed some of my previous chat history with the bot. So I don't know if it remembered my answers from yesterday.

I've tried from 2 browsers and on 2 different devices too, and on my iPad for example it asked me the questions. But on my Laptop in 2 different browsers it did not ask the questions on either.

Maybe I've misunderstood...

The 2 Advanced Planning rides that you can schedule with DAS come from the Genie+ list. These rides are scheduled -- it seems like they offer 10am, 12noon or 5pm time slots. The Individual $LL rides are not included in the Advanced Planning.

Just as an FYI - The times for my eight DAS passes are sprinkled at 10am, 10:30am, 11am, and 12:15pm. The cast member offered me an assortment of times, but I prefer mornings since we'll hop in the afternoon. I also have lunch ADRs.

Yesterday it definitely asked me the questions, and this morning when I joined it showed some of my previous chat history with the bot. So I don't know if it remembered my answers from yesterday.

I've tried from 2 browsers and on 2 different devices too, and on my iPad for example it asked me the questions. But on my Laptop in 2 different browsers it did not ask the questions on either.
Sounds like they’ve got some kinks to work out! I didn’t even realize the video chat had started until I was playing on DIS this morning, so I guess everyone with trips in the next 30 days is trying to sign up right now! I’ve got 30 days so maybe I should just try again in a few days. I hope they can get caught up soon because 4+ hours is ridiculous!

I've been waiting for over 4 hours and haven't been asked any questions yet. We are renewing the DAS as we were just there in July 2021. My son (who needs DAS) is home from school today so I really need to get through today. Our trip is Oct 16-21st

I feel sorry for the in-park GS personnel, because they're going to have to deal with all of the people who can't get through on the chat for upcoming trips.

With Disney opening this up only a week before the new system starts, it probably would have been better for them to limit calls to those guests whose trips start within the next two weeks, then slowly expanded it out to the full 30 days. As it is now, everyone who is arriving next week is competing for chat time with those who won't arrive for another month.

Two per day, so 8 total. I was surprised by that. I thought it was going to be two for the first day only. Definitely worth it to pre-register (if you can get through . . .).
In the first announcements, it looked like only 2.
It was later clarified to 2 per day
That’s nice, actually! And interesting too… so you can only book from the Genie + menu, and you can’t select more until you’ve used those, so you can’t get a return time for one of the Individual Lightning Attractions until then, either. So while you *can* ask for a return time for Space Mountain, you have to wait until you’ve been on Peter Pan and Winnie Pooh, and I’m suspecting they do this to gently discourage you and hoping you opt to purchase your return time instead
It‘s been confirmed that guests using DAS Advance Selections DON‘T need to use those before making or using DAS Return Times.
The DAS Advance Selections have a start time and a 1 hour window to use them. If not used during that time, they expire and are ‘lost’.
DAS Return Times have a start time, but can be used any time after that until the park closes.
lanejudy already answered the question about Individual Lightning Lane attractions (ILLA).They are NOT part of the choices for DAS Advance Selections. DISNEY has indicated the ILLA will have either a Standby Line OR a virtual queue/Boarding Group.
If the attraction has a Standby Line, DAS guests could get a Return Time based on the current posted wait time.
If the attraction is using virtual queue/Boarding group, DAS guests would need to get a virtual queue/Boarding Group spot, the same as other guests. Once that group is called for boarding, they would use DAS to enter the attraction.
Do these advanced DAS spots have times asscociated to them? Or are they just open ended for that day? I am not back to WDW until April, but going to DL in December. thanks.
The DAS Advance Selections have a start time, which guests choose when completing their video DAS Registration call/video.
They have a 1 hour window to use.
The attraction and time choices are » subject to availability« so your first choice may not be available.
Genie has a lot of historical data regarding which attractions are busiest when for every date. My guess is that the « subject to availability » might be
Did anyone who is renewing a DAS get asked those questions/fill out a form ? Just curious because I’m trying to renew and didn’t get any questions…just waiting for a cast member to become available like others have reported…
This is a GUESS -
if you have been in the system before OR put in a reservation number, the system MAY be pulling some/most of the information from the form from your existing record.

I feel sorry for the in-park GS personnel, because they're going to have to deal with all of the people who can't get through on the chat for upcoming trips.

With Disney opening this up only a week before the new system starts, it probably would have been better for them to limit calls to those guests whose trips start within the next two weeks, then slowly expanded it out to the full 30 days. As it is now, everyone who is arriving next week is competing for chat time with those who won't arrive for another month.
I agree with all of that…what a mess! I just gave up and shut it down so nobody is competing with me for a slot at least! I’ve got more time than a lot of people on here do. I hope Disney will have a few extra people working on this until they can get caught up!

Good to know! The first reports from last night said there were only the 3 times offered.
Disney has a lot of historical information regarding wait times and busyness of attractions at each park for each individual day.
My GUESS is the attractions and times offered are using that historical information in an attempt to keep wait times as consistent
Sounds like they’ve got some kinks to work out! I didn’t even realize the video chat had started until I was playing on DIS this morning, so I guess everyone with trips in the next 30 days is trying to sign up right now! I’ve got 30 days so maybe I should just try again in a few days. I hope they can get caught up soon because 4+ hours is ridiculous!
My GUESS is that they didn’t make an official announcement, hoping to have kind of a ‘soft’ opening of the process.
Unfortunately, once people started posting about it, the system got flooded.
Also, unfortunately, people with a trip coming up soon are competing with people whose trip is not for a month.

My GUESS of why some people are waiting a long time and some are getting right in probably is just timing. If a spot in the video queue just happens to coincide with your computer request coming in, your request probably goes thru.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter