Video Chat

Confused. I thought they said we were going online to schedule the video chat .... are you saying you are going online to do the video chat immediately?

My son is not here during the day so that means I can't even try until he is home. Then I have to keep him close by and going no where for potentially hours?

This sounds highly stressful for some folks who need it due to things that create stress.
This is my issue, exactly

That’s very disappointing, but I’m pretty sure that is an automated message, sent to close a number at the same time.
I hope so because that was in poor taste!

Just got kicked!!!
Chat Admin
at 18:25, Oct 14:
Thank you for contacting us to pre-register for the Disability Access Service. Due to the Guest's excitement and the popularity of this new service, we are experiencing high wait times. As we value your time, we are no longer taking chats this evening. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to assisting you when we reopen. If you are not arriving soon, we encourage you to try again closer to your theme park visit.

Wow!

IMO, if an agent can close the conversation, they should be able to assist the person!
I agree! I got this message after waiting 12.5 hours from 7am. My message back said “read” even though none of my other messages from today do, other than before 7:30 this morning. They closed the conversation. So annoyed.

I agree! I got this message after waiting 12.5 hours from 7am. My message back said “read” even though none of my other messages from today do, other than before 7:30 this morning. They closed the conversation. So annoyed.
We’ll, I just got booted too. 11 hrs 45 minutes. This is crazy. We go next week. Will they be open Saturday? Maybe I can get on at open and wait.

We’ll, I just got booted too. 11 hrs 45 minutes. This is crazy. We go next week. Will they be open Saturday? Maybe I can get on at open and wait.

Seems they updated the process ...

Eligible Guests visiting the parks on or after November 1, 2021 can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat. Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.

During the registration chat, you will be able to use the DAS Advance planning option to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences, for park visits beginning on or after November 1, 2021. Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.

For Guests who plan to visit us before November 1, you may register in person at Guest Relations. DAS Advance selections will not be available for dates prior to November 1. On the day of your visit, you can visit an experience to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, or ask a Cast Member at any Guest Relations location to select a return time for you.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/guests-with-disabilities/planning-for-das-advance/

The November 1st date is also on the WDW DAS information page as well:

Important Pre-Registration and DAS Advance Planning Update
Eligible Guests visiting the parks on or after November 1, 2021 can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat. Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.
During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat. Learn more about planning with DAS Advance.

Question for those that have done the video chat - if you have used the DAS in the past, do you still have to explain the reason the person needs the DAS during the video chat? I know my son will have to be present for the video chat, but he gets very upset when I talk about his issues to people. I am just curious if I have to prepare him for the possibility of talking about his needs, When we get his DAS in person, we normally just have to say that he has had it in the past and they look it up without going over his needs every time.

During the registration chat, you will be able to use the DAS Advance planning option to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences, for park visits beginning on or after November 1, 2021. Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.

For Guests who plan to visit us before November 1, you may register in person at Guest Relations. DAS Advance selections will not be available for dates prior to November 1. On the day of your visit, you can visit an experience to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, or ask a Cast Member at any Guest Relations location to select a return time for you.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/guests-with-disabilities/planning-for-das-advance/
Wow. What the heck! Now they’ve pulled it. What about those who already got it for next week? This is nuts!

Boy, I was busy for a few hours getting my daughter fed and put to bed and everything changed!
i guess it’s a surprise, but not a surprise. They were not prepared for the flood,
Hopefully, this will help with cutting down the wait times

So those of us arriving before Nov 1 can no longer pre register via video chat and cannot make advance selections, is that about right? Unbelievable that Disney would change the rules midstream like this.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not really surprised...

Last edited:
Wow. What the heck! Now they’ve pulled it. What about those who already got it for next week? This is nuts!
I got scared when I saw this and immediately checked my MDE to make sure all my Advanced Selections were still there and they are 😅. I am so glad I got through yesterday. Now wondering if I’ll be able to get one of my AS’s fixed, the CM left two people off one of them 😬 I feel for all the people who have been trying the past couple of days and now get this message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter