Video screen on Long Road Trip

Greenfield1984

DIS Veteran
Hey fellow Canucks. Specifically those who do the long haul to florida.

I want to mount my tablet on the passenger drop down visor/mirror.

Itll be to play a few videos, including the old magical express video.

Itll be on display for the front passenger and to the passengers in the back as well.

It will be on an angle where I the driver could technically see it. I will not be watching it at all however.

Is this legal?

Because i know some vehicles have video screens that you can have included in the purchase.

Not in Nova Scotia, it wouldn't be. You can't have a screen - other than your vehicle nav system - forward of the driver. The factory installed screens I've seen are all behind the driver position. I'm not sure about other provincial legislation - but I practice criminal law in NS.

I don’t know about laws but would be concerned for safety reasons both in blocking the driver’s view, temptation and for air bags that could propel it into passenger. I’m weary of things like this as a lady in the next town is a quadriplegic and blind in one eye because she had her feet resting on the dashboard (as many do) when the airbags went off and drove her knees into her head. Since her experience I’m very aware of possible projectiles.

You can also find a good one on Amazon that mounts between the driver and passenger headrest, that way the screen is a little bit more centered. My kids always fight about that, so it was important for me LOL

We have ALWAYS travelled with some sort of screen. Our kids learned at an early age to travel well. They had to when we would have to travel 12-20 hr trips at least 2 times a year.

When we lived in the NWT and would travel to Saskatchewan to visit family - or Edmonton to stock up shopping - it was impossible to not have a screen.

Back then we had a little tv that fit between our front seats on the console and would play cassette tapes! It ran by plugging into the cigarette burner.

When DVD's came out - they would have the disk player with 2 screens that we could attach to the back of each seat. They would have to take turns watching the movies they wanted.

Now with phones/tablets - the last 8 ish years - they download when they want onto their phone or tablet and bring it along.

But we have never had any problems with have screens of any sort in our vehicle as long as it's BEHIND the driver.

Yep yep. Absolutely. I wanted the front passenger to be able to view it as well. But no way to do that without the driver being able to view it as well.

Even if i promise not to look over ,there is no way for the police to know that :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter