• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Viewing fireworks from Dream deck 10 midship balcony?

lscrivan18

Mouseketeer
Hi, we received our cabin assignment and have a balcony on the Dream, midship deck 10, starboard. Can I view the fireworks from my balcony? If not, what's a sweet spot viewing area of good view and not packed in like a sardine?

Hi, we received our cabin assignment and have a balcony on the Dream, midship deck 10, starboard. Can I view the fireworks from my balcony? If not, what's a sweet spot viewing area of good view and not packed in like a sardine?
Here's a copy of the letter that some starboard verandah rooms receive regarding the fireworks:
verandah safety letter dream 2016.jpg

Do you know which cabins/decks this applies to?

No. Well, except that the letter says starboard side. Maybe others who received it will chime in here with specifics.
On the Wish earlier this month, they sent that same message in the DCL navigator app out to every stateroom. I had cabins on the port side and received it, so I think it was a ship-wide communication.

I was on deck 8 starboard (midship) this summer and we were asked to stay inside. Several of my neighbours chose to go outside but I get scared about these things so I lay on the floor to watch them with the door shut (because the balconies above restricted my view). I felt kind of foolish

I too got a ship-wide communication when I was on the Wish in April, I think they ask everyone to stay off their balconies because winds could shift, things could blow, etc. I recall one poster here mentioned they had ash/remnants of burnt fireworks on their verandah. Had they been on their veranda for the fireworks, that stuff would have hit them.

I too got a ship-wide communication when I was on the Wish in April, I think they ask everyone to stay off their balconies because winds could shift, things could blow, etc. I recall one poster here mentioned they had ash/remnants of burnt fireworks on their verandah. Had they been on their veranda for the fireworks, that stuff would have hit them.

Not to mention the people who keep their balcony doors open even though there are signs on the door to keep them closed. If something burning went in an open door it would be bad news bears.

Not to mention the people who keep their balcony doors open even though there are signs on the door to keep them closed. If something burning went in an open door it would be bad news bears.
Didn't even think about that. Ugh.

We found a great place for viewing fireworks but I'm not sure I want to give it up. There were maybe 5 people there during the fireworks and a few staff out there watching. We go to deck 4 and view from there. You need to stand at the railing to see them. You don't get the pirate show but you also don't get the crowds.

We go to deck 4 and view from there. You need to stand at the railing to see them. You don't get the pirate show but you also don't get the crowds
We went there in January on the Wish. My son didn’t like all of the noise of the music and the fireworks up on the main deck. It was much nicer down on deck 4.

We were on the wish in April, port side midship and didn’t receive a letter. Did go up to the craziness on deck 11, stood toward the back on the right side facing the stage close to where all the deck chairs were stacked. Great view of the fireworks but we almost got trampled when everyone headed our way.

• Yes, you can see the fireworks from your veranda.
  • No, you will not get sent to the brig if you are found on your veranda, or heaven forbid, discovered that a bathing suit was left on a veranda chair.
  • Yes, the ship could catch fire if you leave your veranda door open, but do not fear, as the captain will steer the ship into the nearby icebergs to aid in extinguishing the fire.
  • But even better, there will be a company of firefighting penguins stationed on the icebergs to assist with extinguishing the fire. Or are they koala bears?
  • Lastly, and more importantly, will be the dreaded and much feared.... DECK 11 OVERHANG! (Which, all humor aside, would be my biggest (and only) concern as it could obstruct your view)
  • So, don't worry, be happy!:-)

We found a great place for viewing fireworks but I'm not sure I want to give it up. There were maybe 5 people there during the fireworks and a few staff out there watching. We go to deck 4 and view from there. You need to stand at the railing to see them. You don't get the pirate show but you also don't get the crowds.
Was just about to say this… I am about to go in my #27th and the only reason I will be on top deck is it’s my moms first DCL cruise… if not I’d be on the loungers 🤣

Was just about to say this… I am about to go in my #27th and the only reason I will be on top deck is it’s my moms first DCL cruise… if not I’d be on the loungers 🤣

We're about to do our 25th. Can't forget about Satellite Falls being a reason to go up top!

We're about to do our 25th. Can't forget about Satellite Falls being a reason to go up top!
Do you watch them from there? I know they have a lot of areas blocked off because of firework debris so this would be a new place for me to go!! I do love a peaceful day at Satellite Falls ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter