Viewing Wishes in wheelchair

Poohbear5

DIS Veteran
Where is a good spot to view wishes from a wheelchair so your not staring at someone's backside?

The only two spots where I have managed to have relatively unobstructed views were at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and from the Main Street Railroad platform (you have to get there super early).

Every other time, we have staked out a spot 90-120 minutes beforehand only to have a 6 ft tall father with three kids on his shoulders step in front of me at last minute (obviously not literally, but you get the point)

Last trip, we had FP+ reservations for Wishes but canceled once we saw the viewing area because we knew it wouldn't work well for me.

The only two spots where I have managed to have relatively unobstructed views were at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and from the Main Street Railroad platform (you have to get there super early).

Every other time, we have staked out a spot 90-120 minutes beforehand only to have a 6 ft tall father with three kids on his shoulders step in front of me at last minute (obviously not literally, but you get the point)

Last trip, we had FP+ reservations for Wishes but canceled once we saw the viewing area because we knew it wouldn't work well for me.

I finally snagged a FP this evening. Are wheelchairs randomly mixed in with everyone else and left staring into someone's backside?

Both of my sons are in wheelchairs and we went to WDW last month. Honestly, it really doesn't matter much as the fireworks are so high, you have to look over people's heads anyway. They could see fine from Main St.

Other suggestions would be the hotels, GF, CR, etc. the music is piped in and there are usually not many people around, especially at GF. An awesome spot is on the ferry dock at TTC or better yet, catch the ferry right as the fireworks are starting and the ferry is going to MK or back to the TTC. Roll right up to the front, or back, whichever way you are going and you can watch the whole thing. Often the captains narrate, too.

I just recently dealt with this and I know what a bummer it can be to think you have a spot only to have some not so nice people stand on a bench in front of you :confused3

What worked best for me was this. I got there a little early. I watched the Electrical Parade from the handicap area facing Tomorrowland. When it was over I essentially backed up into the circular area (its in front of the castle, there are trees, it may be right by Walt. I am drawing such a blank at the moment) and pulled into the center of that area facing a tad to the right so my angle was different.

Let me tell you that in the chair from here I could not see the castle projection show at all, but had people not stood on a bench I would have been able to.

I found that even with them on the bench I was still able to perfectly see the fireworks from there. Yes, I strained my neck a little looking up the whole time, but I didn't miss a thing!

So sorry I couldn't think of a better way to describe the area, hopefully someone less sleep deprived than myself may know what I am talking about and be able to help.

Have a blast on your trip! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter