• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

views of Bonfire Spectacular

i_dont_like_gloves

Earning My Ears
We have just booked to go to DLRP in november. YAY! :woohoo:

We are going by eurostar and will arrive on the 9th of november (the last day of the bonfire celebrations). We are staying in a lake view room in HNY so we were wondering where would be best to watch the whole thing from.

Would it be better to watch from our room or from the banks of lake Disney?

(p.s. i know its ages away but planning is half the fun!:laughing: ) Thanks.

The bonfire spectacular takes place on the opposite bank from the Sequoia Lodge, so that is probably the best place to view it from. That said I got quite a nice view from a small side window of the Newport Bay, so if you get a Lake view room on a particular side of the HNY then you might get a good view from your room.

If you decide to watch from around the lake, then I've read that it gets crowded at the HNY end, but I saw very few people at the Newport Bay end :thumbsup2

It depends on many factors, often it rains at that time of the year so the room would be best in that situation.

If it's dry I think I'd rather be oustide, I prefer to be part of the crowd oohing and ahhing (I know they're not words!) over the fireworks.

If you have very small children it may be worth staying in the room so that you can take them away from it should they be scared.

Most of the lake view rooms should have an excellent view if the fireworks are in the same place as last year (in the corner where Newport meets Disney village)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter