**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I bought mine over the phone when I did my dining reservations. My Harambe at night, and Marceline to Magic Tickets I got at the same time, and all my dining is linked, but, she said I would have to link my VAH myself, but I can't. I am just going to take the print out of the e mail confirmation to the front desk at my hotel when I check in.
Not sure if you’re trying to do it through the app but most repot not being able to get it to work through there. If you try through an actual web browser it should work.

Just poking around the app and it has some of the entertainment offerings listed for tonight (which as a reminder is a 9pm - 12am event night):

DJ Havoc - 9pm - 12am
Dance the night away at the castle stage, where a party DJ will be spinning some sick beats, transforming the entire Central Plaza of the park into a killer club scene.

Villains' Cursed Caravan - 10:30pm, 11:45pm
New in 2020, the Villains’ Cursed Caravan will join Maleficent—the fire-breathing dragon—as she slinks her way through the park twice nightly during Disney Villains After Hours. Be on the lookout for Ursula, Gaston, Oogie Boogie, Cruella DeVil, Captain Hook and more as part of this wicked procession.

Villains Unite the Night - 10pm, 11:30pm
Watch in wonder as Hades and Meg from Hercules set the castle stage ablaze in this all-new stage show—Villains Unite the Night—featuring appearances by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier and Maleficent!

I'm interested to see how the Caravan goes. One of the cooler things about Maleficent at last year's event was the ability to get fairly close to her--we were actually allowed to basically walk behind her as she wound her way through the park. I caught her right when she came out at Frontierland and a whole bunch of us basically marched behind her to Main Street like we were her minions. 8-)

Not sure if you’re trying to do it through the app but most repot not being able to get it to work through there. If you try through an actual web browser it should work.
Thanks for this, but I have only ever tried doing it on my laptop, and it doesn't work.

I see they have dropped the closing time show? I do want to see the show, so I am hoping it's not *crazy* busy in front of the castle (I have never seen one of the projection based shows before.)

So i’ve seen it confirmed that you can book fastpass with a Villains ticket only. I bought my tickets in the app and they are assigned yet it keeps saying no tickets are linked. I’m not in my window yet to book but why would it be saying it isn’t linked. Don’t want any issues when my window opens.

Just saw a post on Facebook from vlogger Michael Kay that he was invited by Disney to tonight's event

Sorry for the repeat post... I'm not even sure if the first link worked. I can across it tonight, and thought it might be of interest. Now I realize that it's rehash from DP Blog... Sorry.

Last edited:
Great event for me - heading back to Jambo House on the bus now. I went solo as a Christmas gift from my wife (she’s back at the room with our 4yo - we flew out on a 6:10am flight this morning).

yeah the waits were low, food and drink were flowing, and the cavalcade was silly but awesome...

But most importantly, I met Craig, Kylie, and Tim Tracker! I keep an eye for them every time we come with no successes prior...!
And they were all so nice!

Attended VAH last night. Wait times were low at 5 minutes except SMT (20 mins), PP (10 mins) and SM (10 mins supposedly).

They changed the timing of the Villians show to being on the half hour rather than being on the hour and the caravan to being on the 45 minutes. Last show was scheduled for 11:30 pm rather than usual midnight (I.e. end of event) so that really cut into the ride time. As such, we didn't get in as many rides in that I had wanted. Only managed to do Buzz, Astro Orbitor, Speedway, POTC, BMR, SMT x 2 in the 2 hours 20 mins that we had to ride since we wanted to see the show. We were in line for SM but left because the line ended up being way longer than advertised. Caravan sort of neat but again, I wouldn't be sad about skipping in the future.

My thoughts: Fun event, low wait times. My kids (10 and 12) liked the event. It was fun to see the Villians show but I wouldn't pay for event again given that the show cut so much into the ride time. And if you are okay missing the Villians show, I would just do regular AH event as it is cheaper.

Attended VAH last night. Wait times were low at 5 minutes except SMT (20 mins), PP (10 mins) and SM (10 mins supposedly).

They changed the timing of the Villians show to being on the half hour rather than being on the hour and the caravan to being on the 45 minutes. Last show was scheduled for 11:30 pm rather than usual midnight (I.e. end of event) so that really cut into the ride time. As such, we didn't get in as many rides in that I had wanted. Only managed to do Buzz, Astro Orbitor, Speedway, POTC, BMR, SMT x 2 in the 2 hours 20 mins that we had to ride since we wanted to see the show. We were in line for SM but left because the line ended up being way longer than advertised. Caravan sort of neat but again, I wouldn't be sad about skipping in the future.

My thoughts: Fun event, low wait times. My kids (10 and 12) liked the event. It was fun to see the Villians show but I wouldn't pay for event again given that the show cut so much into the ride time. And if you are okay missing the Villians show, I would just do regular AH event as it is cheaper.
Thanks for your review! I haven’t seen the Steampunk Maleficent in any pictures from the Caravan. Was that cut? Kind of disappointing if so.
Also, any feedback on the availability of the complimentary treats (popcorn, ice cream, etc.)?

Thanks for the review! This is good news as I'd prefer the regular AH event but with one day at Disney this is what I get. Sounds like we can just treat it like our last event no worries. Curious about steampunk Mal too as that's the one villains thing I might catch

Thanks for the review! This is good news as I'd prefer the regular AH event but with one day at Disney this is what I get. Sounds like we can just treat it like our last event no worries. Curious about steampunk Mal too as that's the one villains thing I might catch
I just found a video on YouTube that showed Mal in the caravan! Glad to see this because I think my kids will get a kick out of her. Seems like most of the recent photos were focused on the new stuff.

Thanks for your review! I haven’t seen the Steampunk Maleficent in any pictures from the Caravan. Was that cut? Kind of disappointing if so.
Also, any feedback on the availability of the complimentary treats (popcorn, ice cream, etc.)?

The snacks were plentiful. No issues with supply even at 11:30 pm. I found crowds were low.

Steampunk Malificent was cool but I have seen her before. It was a pretty short-lived appearance.

It’s admittedly a slower time of year - things will pick up as we head towards Spring Break season.

But part of me has always wondered if Disney overdid it here - the VAH event count and length of run is HUGE relatively speaking. Some of the videos I saw last night looked pretty empty as the caravan was going by. Disney doesn’t do all this plus size VAH stuff for not many people to be there.

Time will tell I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter