**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

This has probably been asked before but would you do MK DAH or Villians party? We have done the MK after hours but people we will be with have not done either. Which do you find is the best for the money and crowds?

I spoke to a cast member who told me she heard they were going to do a special theme for Villains After Hours on Haunted Mansion when I attend the event in May. I can't confirm this, but keep your eyes open!

This has probably been asked before but would you do MK DAH or Villians party? We have done the MK after hours but people we will be with have not done either. Which do you find is the best for the money and crowds?

I’m partial to DAH myself. I like the more pure un-partied up MK and DAH is a great way to experience the park in it’s normal glorious state. If I want “party MK” I like things like MNSSHP and MVMCP (and special days like 7/4 and 12/31).

But it certainly comes down to personal preference for sure. I don’t personally see any appeal in the Villains theme, but many others love them.

Has anyone ever done the After Fireworks Dessert party and not Villains? Will we get rushed out of the party?

Has anyone ever done the After Fireworks Dessert party and not Villains? Will we get rushed out of the party?
Fireworks are an hour before the villains event starts most nights. I would think they would give you that hour for desserts, but I cannot see them letting you stay beyond that as the entertainment will be starting.

Cast Member asked to see our bands and directed us to FP line. We were fully expecting to wait in the queue which was only 25 minutes at that point.

Have others had this same experience with getting to go into the FP line at the start time for VAH and not wait in left over lines from the regular day park goers? wondering if this is standard procedure for all attractions or if you just got a very nice CM working the gate at that attraction.

Hi - possibly been asked before, but can you book Villains tickets on line or do you need to call?

Thanks

Imo it comes down to how you feel about villains. If you love them it’s a no brainer. If all you care about is riding as many rides as possible and the theme doesn’t really matter to you, it doesn’t make sense to pay the extra money tbh.

I did the party on Feb. 7th and had the BEST TIME!! The only ride line we waited in was for Seven Dwarves. It was posted 20 minutes but we timed it and it was 16.35. We were excited to hit every ride that we wanted and we did all the magic shots except Scar. The park felt the emptiest I have ever seen it. The snacks and drinks were plentiful (although it felt weird to be shivering and in a coat and gloves and eating ice cream but FREE MICKEY BAR!) I enjoyed the Villains show - we rated it an 8 out of 10. It was the first night so some obvious choreography mistakes but what we really missed were songs. The dancing was great but no singing felt...awkward?? I also enjoyed the "parade" but was sad Maleficent wasn't breathing fire. I understand from a friend who works there that she has been under the weather for a couple of weeks and not breathing so much. There was also still some wind worries and I guess they would prefer not to set main street on fire. I did love that they kept checking wrist bands up until about 11pm. I'm happy to answer any questions. I thought it was completely worth the money (AP discount though) and would do it again.
Great review! Did you utilize the buses? Trying to determine the best transportation for before/after the event. We will have a car so we can drive, but don’t know if I want to. Staying at BCV.

You can look into the one day Memory Maker, not sure if it’s available this year for VAH but it definitely was last year.

Booo I guess I'll skip the magic shots then. They seem like a lot of fun, but not worth ~$60 on top of the already expensive tickets.

Imo it comes down to how you feel about villains. If you love them it’s a no brainer. If all you care about is riding as many rides as possible and the theme doesn’t really matter to you, it doesn’t make sense to pay the extra money tbh.
Same. We LOVE Villains themed anything. We decided to add a regular after hours for rides so we can focus on Villains stuff.

BTW- Did you get to do Club Villain? I REALLY wish they would bring that back!

Same. We LOVE Villains themed anything. We decided to add a regular after hours for rides so we can focus on Villains stuff.

BTW- Did you get to do Club Villain? I REALLY wish they would bring that back!

Sadly, I never got the chance! That event was before I started coming back to the parks as an adult. :( I really wish they’d bring it back too!

We thought about adding on regular DAH as well just for rides but then we changed to CL when AP discounts came out and got the extra FPs instead (entirely for HS, admittedly) and used a day of those for MK. That should give us enough extra ride time if we feel like we won’t have enough at VAH.

We also decided to try out Character Couture the afternoon before VAH this time. I did my own makeup for it last year but we’re really excited to try this service out. I’m gonna be Dr. Facilier again since it was such a hit, gf will still be Tamatoa. We’re having dinner at CRT before the party so it’ll be hilarious meeting the princesses like that!

Sadly, I never got the chance! That event was before I started coming back to the parks as an adult. :( I really wish they’d bring it back too!

We thought about adding on regular DAH as well just for rides but then we changed to CL when AP discounts came out and got the extra FPs instead (entirely for HS, admittedly) and used a day of those for MK. That should give us enough extra ride time if we feel like we won’t have enough at VAH.

We also decided to try out Character Couture the afternoon before VAH this time. I did my own makeup for it last year but we’re really excited to try this service out. I’m gonna be Dr. Facilier again since it was such a hit, gf will still be Tamatoa. We’re having dinner at CRT before the party so it’ll be hilarious meeting the princesses like that!
That sounds like so much fun! We considered Character Couture too, but it was a little steep for us given the fact that DD16 is a lifelong dancer so we are both pretty proficient at stage makeup. I think DD may reprise her Lady Hades for this trip.

Great review! Did you utilize the buses? Trying to determine the best transportation for before/after the event. We will have a car so we can drive, but don’t know if I want to. Staying at BCV.
We were in Hollywood studios until about 7pm that night. We took a bus from Studios to Magic Kingdom and then took the bus back to AOA after Villains. They had buses waiting at most stops (we left right after the last Villains cavalcade) and it was much better than leaving a park by bus after fireworks.

That sounds like so much fun! We considered Character Couture too, but it was a little steep for us given the fact that DD16 is a lifelong dancer so we are both pretty proficient at stage makeup. I think DD may reprise her Lady Hades for this trip.

You brought up a thought I didn't even have. Mine are also competitive dancers - between that and my theater background... I wonder if I could just do this myself.

I thought they might like the experience, but I'd like to save the money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter