Villas at Disneys Grand California Glitch?

huey578

Test Track Dummy
Since yesterday the Villas at Disneys Grand California has not shown up under booking/reservation section. I was able to waitlist last week but have been stalking the dates. Anyone else having issues booking? :confused3

Yes! I even deleted my cookies and history thinking that my computer was having glitch issues. GC isn't even showing up.

There was a glitch yesterday morning where almost all dates were showing availability. When they discovered it, they first took the whole system down, then it came back with VGC missing. The same thing happened about a year ago. Now they have to sort out what dates are overbooked and correct the availability. Last year it took days, if not weeks.

There was a glitch yesterday morning where almost all dates were showing availability. When they discovered it, they first took the whole system down, then it came back with VGC missing. The same thing happened about a year ago. Now they have to sort out what dates are overbooked and correct the availability. Last year it took days, if not weeks.

Do you know if people are still able to call in to get bookings or availability?

No, they have to straighten out the overbookings.
A significant number of which are likely due to existing DVC members (and in particular VGC owners), who knowing full-well that the resort is always a hard booking, and that a whole month of availability HAD to be a computer glitch, gleefully started booking away, then posting on threads that they "really hope" they get to keep the reservations (which they obviously know were bogus to begin with). Some even stated they cancelled other reservations to free up points....

It must have been fate for me. I knew nothing about the glitch - but DH asked me to try and book a studio for us for April (we have to fly in for a work trip. I happened to snag a studio for the 3rd weekend.

Still feel like I was hit with some pixie dust!

A significant number of which are likely due to existing DVC members (and in particular VGC owners), who knowing full-well that the resort is always a hard booking, and that a whole month of availability HAD to be a computer glitch, gleefully started booking away, then posting on threads that they "really hope" they get to keep the reservations (which they obviously know were bogus to begin with). Some even stated they cancelled other reservations to free up points....
What a fiasco, DVC! A mistake that will need King Solomon to fix. Also, Amy Krieger wrote an excellent open letter to DVC on DVCFan website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter