Villas of Grand Floridian views?

ffindis

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has any insight into the diiferences between the standard views and lake views from the villas. Will the Lake view be directed towards any of the theme parks? Will you be able to see the evening water parades from the lake views? Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks in advance-:)

I can only tell you that the standard views will be of the monorail. From the looks of it, the lake views will be pointing towards the poly. You might be able to see the water parade when it shows up over there. The only rooms that are even close to facing the theme park are the grand villas, and even those will not have a themepark view.

I can only tell you that the standard views will be of the monorail. From the looks of it, the lake views will be pointing towards the poly. You might be able to see the water parade when it shows up over there. The only rooms that are even close to facing the theme park are the grand villas, and even those will not have a themepark view.

Standard views also face the GF.

:earsboy: Bill

do any face the Polyn? even a side view

I just looked through 115 pages of legal docs on the VGF and it doesn't appear that standard views will face towards the Poly.

They face towards the front of the building towards the monorail, parking lot, health club, and the GF.

VGF_Views.jpg

I just looked through 115 pages of legal docs on the VGF and it doesn't appear that standard views will face towards the Poly.

They face towards the front of the building towards the monorail, parking lot, health club, and the GF.

VGF_Views.jpg

Thanks so another reason to stick with BLT. how many are standard views - it seems like alot?

VGF_Views.jpg

Is their anyway that you can enlarge this photo? I would love to see the writing that you have added. Is it descriptions,etc?

Is their anyway that you can enlarge this photo? I would love to see the writing that you have added. Is it descriptions,etc?

The small black writing next to the building is info from the architect, doesn't mean much to us.

Thanks so another reason to stick with BLT. how many are standard views - it seems like alot?

All indications are that VGF will be 60% Standard View and 40% Lake View. If these percentages hold true, then VGF will have the following composition:

Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedrooms: 30 -- Maximum Fixed Weeks for each week: 10

Standard View Lock-Off One-Bedrooms: 30 -- Maximum Fixed Weeks for each week: 10

Standard View Lock-Off Studios: 30 -- Maximum Fixed Weeks for each week: 10

Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedrooms: 17 -- Maximum Fixed Weeks for each week: 5

Lake View Lock-Off One-Bedrooms: 17 -- Maximum Fixed Weeks for each week: 5

Lake View Lock-Off Studios: 17 -- Maximum Fixed Weeks for each week: 5

Lake View Grand Villas: 6 -- Maximum Fixed Weeks for each week: 2

All indications are that VGF will be 60% Standard View and 40% Lake View. If these percentages hold true, then VGF will have the following composition:

Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedrooms: 30

Standard View Lock-Off One-Bedrooms: 30

Standard View Lock-Off Studios: 30

Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedrooms: 17

Lake View Lock-Off One-Bedrooms: 17

Lake View Lock-Off Studios: 17

Lake View Grand Villas: 6

If fixed weeks were purchased for any given time and the fixed week option is used, the possible available inventory would be reduced, is that true?

What about DVD owned rooms, what does that do to the inventory?

Fixed week would mean less available for point reservations for the applicable fixed week. Although DVD has set a limit for fixed week purchases in any particular time period, I am guessing you are going to see more fixed week purchases in latter part of November to early Jan than other times of year.

DVD does not own particular rooms. It retains 2% of the resort and that means 2% of every unit in the resort (a unit is often a combination of two or more rooms). It also gets reservation time via trade-outs by members, through ownership of more than that 2% until the resort sells out and after the resort sells out via getting points back via foreclosures or exercising ROFR. Its use of that reservation time, which could be any time of year and for any size room or view, will also reduce rooms available to members via points. I have suspicions that DVD has done some predatory reserving in the past with its retained points. That suspicion was raised when I found that at exactly 11 months out from the Sunday before Thanksgiving 2013, there were no Jambo GVs available for Thanksgiving night or the night before but the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night were open -- that seemed an impossiblity if everyone including DVD were following the 11 month reservation window because there is no way a member could have filled the Wednesday and Thursday night without also having reserved and filled the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night of that week if reserving exactly 11 months out from the Sunday. I sent an email to MS requesting an explanation and it never responded.

If fixed weeks were purchased for any given time and the fixed week option is used, the possible available inventory would be reduced, is that true?

What about DVD owned rooms, what does that do to the inventory?

I revised my post to add the number of Fixed Weeks that DVD should be able to sell for each accommodation type.

Technically, the existence of Fixed Weeks doesn't affect availability. True, the existence of Fixed Weeks will impact the inventory available for first-come, first-served reservations. But Fixed Week owners are like owners at other DVC resorts: They book their week right at the 11-month window, which means that there is less inventory left for non-VGF owners at the 7-month window.

Fixed week would mean less available for point reservations for the applicable fixed week. Although DVD has set a limit for fixed week purchases in any particular time period, I am guessing you are going to see more fixed week purchases in latter part of November to early Jan than other times of year.

DVD does not own particular rooms. It retains 2% of the resort and that means 2% of every unit in the resort (a unit is often a combination of two or more rooms). It also gets reservation time via trade-outs by members, through ownership of more than that 2% until the resort sells out and after the resort sells out via getting points back via foreclosures or exercising ROFR. Its use of that reservation time, which could be any time of year and for any size room or view, will also reduce rooms available to members via points. I have suspicions that DVD has done some predatory reserving in the past with its retained points. That suspicion was raised when I found that at exactly 11 months out from the Sunday before Thanksgiving 2013, there were no Jambo GVs available for Thanksgiving night or the night before but the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night were open -- that seemed an impossiblity if everyone including DVD were following the 11 month reservation window because there is no way a member could have filled the Wednesday and Thursday night without also having reserved and filled the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night of that week if reserving exactly 11 months out from the Sunday. I sent an email to MS requesting an explanation and it never responded.

I read 2% and other numbers, where is the 2% spelled out?

I am guessing that the 2% could be used for any room type and that it can change. We had some Disney Magic given to us by a MS Supervisor when they got us a AKV CL reservation which according to MS was sold out. Maybe it was from the 2% and it was on hold?

I am guessing that the 2% could be used for any room type and that it can change. We had some Disney Magic given to us by a MS Supervisor when they got us a AKV CL reservation which according to MS was sold out. Maybe it was from the 2% and it was on hold?

The 2% is spelled out in the Master Declaration for each DVC resort. The Master Declaration states that DVD cannot sell more than 98% of a resort's total points to the general public.

Some people think DVD retains the 2% to take care of maintenance issues that arise at the resorts. I think that is a misperception. The Master Declarations have common boilerplate language that states DVD is entitled to the same rights and privileges as members. I interpret that as meaning that DVD is not obligated to keep its points in reserve for maintenance or related issues. Now, that doesn't mean that DVD doesn't use its points to make accommodations available on as as-needed basis.

Since it appears you have the VGF Declarations that were filed with the county, you will find the 2% provision (actually the provision that says it will sell no more than 98% of the units), in section 3.6 of exhibit G, the Disney Vacation Club Membership Agreement, p. 95 of the 115 page document.

Note that DVD is not actually required to sell 98% and it may choose to retain more. In fact, with early resorts such as BWV the provision sets a limit of 98% that can be sold to the public but states DVD intends to sell no more than 96%. Thus, you should not necessarily assume that DVD retains only 2% of any given resort when it announces that it has sold out.

I also agree with wdrl above that DVD can (and does) use its percentage for rentals and is not required to use its percentage for rooms taken out of service for maintenance. Moreover, the clause allows DVD to make reservations "governed by the same rules and regulations pertaining to all Club Members" and thus it can use its percentage on any rooms at any time. The problem I mentioned above about AKV at Thanksgiving indicated to me DVD might have been violating that clause because it may not have been obeying the 11 month out reservation rule.

I would think based on that drawing, there should be Lake, Pool and Standard. Big difference in the ones facing the parking lot and monorail and the ones facing the main building and pool area.

I would think based on that drawing, there should be Lake, Pool and Standard. Big difference in the ones facing the parking lot and monorail and the ones facing the main building and pool area.

Except having that many categories in such a small resort would probably cause way more problems for owners than they might imagine. I'm still extremely happy that they didn't do any view categories at VGC although at first I was really shocked that they weren't going to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter