Vintage resort pics?

Le Cellier(I'm pretty sure...correct me if I'm wrong) in the 1980's
IM000034.jpg

That is Alfredo's for sure. My favorite WDW Dining establishment ever!

Jay

I love the old pics too!!!

I only have back to 1994 and so I won't bother posting those, I'll look over them and see if there is anything different.

These pics are great! My mom didn't take many in 1986 though and if she did, half of them didn't turn out or they were night parade ones so all you see are lights.

I'm still laughing at some of the clothes and styles! Love the aluminum stroller!!!! :rotfl2:

Love all of these pics! I will have to get in my mother's attic the next time that I visit! We stayed at the Poly in '78 and '80. I was enchanted by all of the Disney magic, so I asked my mom how much it cost (surely it was priceless). She told me it was about $100 per night, but that included tickets for the 4 of us and our coupon book. (Meals, River Country, Hoopdeedoo) LOL!

I LOVE this thread!
my scanner is being a pain, so I tried the digital picture route: as seen on the large map, with explanations. My father gave me this guidebook from 1973. i will also try to post pics of the resorts.

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

I LOVE this thread!
my scanner is being a pain, so I tried the digital picture route: as seen on the large map, with explanations. My father gave me this guidebook from 1973. i will also try to post pics of the resorts.

Those are great! Anything in there from the Golf Resort?

Too bad all of our pics are about 8 states away at my dad's house! We have some from Fort Wilderness, the Dolphin, and CBR.

Totally love the slide and Disney Village pics! We spent almost every Sunday afternoon there when I was a kid growing up in Orlando.

The map from the Contemporary room is awesome, too!

I LOVE this thread!

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

What a treasure from your father! If you've looked through this very long thread you may have seen my wall version of the map that's in your guide book in my posting (#251). I have a fair idea of what is on my map but I've never seen anything in print that details the things on the map like your guide book does. I can just about read all of the guide text. You did an amazing job, photographing and focusing at that distance. I am wondering if there's any more text explaining the map on other pages. Thank you very much for providing this information. Susan

What a treasure from your father! If you've looked through this very long thread you may have seen my wall version of the map that's in your guide book in my posting (#251). I have a fair idea of what is on my map but I've never seen anything in print that details the things on the map like your guide book does. I can just about read all of the guide text. You did an amazing job, photographing and focusing at that distance. I am wondering if there's any more text explaining the map on other pages. Thank you very much for providing this information. Susan

HI susan!
yes, I saw that, so I knew I just HAD to do that! I also have his guidebook from 1971 Disneyland. i am not sure why DIS boards let me post them, but until i have 10, i wont be able to get more in. as for your question, no it doesnt have any mpre explanation. it does have all of the early planning story that we probably have all seen. there are some awesome pics of CR in building phases. i wll try to do more soon!

wow - i LOVE this thread.

i haven't seen our travel pictures in over 20 years and had forgotten what WDW looked like when it first opened.

i'm going to have to dig out the old slides and see if i can transfer them and post a few.

That map is AWESOME!!!!!

So glad I started this thread! ;) I have learned so much over the years of posts on here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter