Vinylmation trading

Wcpedorc

Mouseketeer
We are heading to Disneyland/DCA in January, I was wondering if anyone has a list of vinylmation trading locations. Also if they do others like popcorns for instance. Thanks in advance.

You can trade vinylmations at Star Traders in Tomorrowland (Disneyland), Off the Page (in California Adventure) or D Street (Downtown Disney).

D Street has the strictest policy about trading and you hand over yours first, before they trade and it's binding. The two park locations will allow you to look at the trade first and then decide if you want to go through with it.

I've never seen any trades except for the regular vinylmations.

I agree with Ember, but would add that it's worth asking each CM what the trading policies are. As noted, D Street adheres to the original rules and the theme park locations tend to be more flexible. That being said, I've had a range of experiences at the theme parks. The most common variations on the original rules are: the CMs allowing each guest to pick two numbers, the CMs not allowing a trade if the one your offering is already in the box (I've only had this happen twice), to only allowing trading with either the visible box (if it's still around) or the mystery box, but not both. So it's worth asking before you initiate the trade.

I've gotten Park Starz from the trading boxes before, as well as the Monorails, but that's pretty rare. I think it depends on the Cast Member who is working the box and what they will allow in there.

I've gotten Park Starz from the trading boxes before, as well as the Monorails, but that's pretty rare. I think it depends on the Cast Member who is working the box and what they will allow in there.

Wow, a Park Starz? That's an interesting thing for someone to trade away. I know in WDW they have a dedicated Park Starz trading box, but I haven't seen anything like that at DLR.

I've wondered about the monorails/car-monorails. I've got several duplicates of those and haven't tried trading them with the mystery box. Maybe I'll do that on my next trip!

Thanks everyone! My only trading experience is in wdw. I have seen mystery box, clear box, star wars box, popcorn box, park stars box, mini box, and am familiar with the rule variations too. I'm just glad to know where the locations are? I would be thrilled, as would my son, to find monorails, especially cars ones. And what I should leave home, it saves some valuable luggage space from nj, and back.

Thanks everyone! My only trading experience is in wdw. I have seen mystery box, clear box, star wars box, popcorn box, park stars box, mini box, and am familiar with the rule variations too. I'm just glad to know where the locations are? I would be thrilled, as would my son, to find monorails, especially cars ones. And what I should leave home, it saves some valuable luggage space from nj, and back.

There is very little trading at DLR for Vinylmations. Ember listed the locations where trading still occurs:
  • Star Traders (Tomorrowland, DL)
  • Off the Page (Hollywood Land, DCA)
  • D Street (Downtown Disney)

There are generally only Mystery Boxes. I haven't seen the Clear Boxes in the last few years. I have not seen any boxes for Popcorn, Starz, Mini, Star Wars, Monorails, etc. In truth, there is not a lot of vinylmation trading at DLR anymore.

There is a lot less trading now at wdw too, seems like even less in DL. We will just bring regular vinyls, thanks for the advice.

From time to time there are people outside of Dstreet doing trading. There are a few regulars who come with boxes full of their traders.

According to this week's MousePlanet Disneyland Resort Update:
"Vinylmation collectors can no longer trade their unwanted figures with Disneyland cast members. The Resort put an end to official Vinylmation trading on February 6. Customers can still purchase and trade with other guests, but not with cast members. Walt Disney World also ended their Vinylmation trading program this weekend."

I'm a bit surprised to hear that, but I guess I'm also not that surprised. They had drastically reduced the number of trading spots, so eliminating trading is the next logical step. I do wonder (and hope) that means in the future, the blind box sets will be better than some of the most recent ones (e.g., High School, Wrestlers, etc.). Sigh...guess it means no more trading...

That really stinks! We have a duplicate that we were going to bring on our next trip. We only buy the Star Wars, so duplicates are kinda inevitable. What a bummer.

I wrote to Disneyland Guest Services (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/phone/) asking whether they had discontinued trading and if this was a permanent change and I actually got a call back just now from a CM that is handling the guest feedback about Vinylmation trading. She said that the trading was discontinued because they'd seen a drop in trading, but that she was compiling the guest feedback to help them make decisions in the future. So, if you do like trading Vinylmations with CM, it doesn't hurt at this point, to let Disney know (the CM was handling comments for both DLR and WDW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter