Violet & Chernabog: When in Jersey,... go to Jersey Week!

TillyMarigold

DIS Veteran
Y'all don't mind if I pretend I have loyal followers or something who've been following my adventures for the last 9 years, do you? Didn't think so. :joker:

So back in the day, Chernabog and I lived in the Wild West and were DINKs. Then in 2012 we acquired Pluto (our son, who is a human, not a dog), and THEN we moved back to my home state of New Jersey. And, well, Pluto is in school now, and we got a break from too many school breaks during his first year because they were doing construction on his school. But now he'll be in first grade soon, and we're back to the regular school calendar for 2018-2019. And if you're in New Jersey, the "regular school calendar" means no school the first week of November. (Which is why that week is called "Jersey Week" at WDW.)

And since we were hoping to do Disney next winter anyway, and since we were going to have to find something to do with Pluto for the week of November 5-9 anyway,... there didn't seem to be anything else to do but go to Disney World. Right? Right.

So, on to the players:
Me: Still going by "Violet," still a language geek, now 40ish.
Chernabog: still my husband, still unable to find a Chernabog icon to represent him in MDE, still a computer geek, and now also 40ish.
Pluto: our son, still a huge Disney fan, now also a huge video game fan, who will be 6 by the time we go. I picked Pluto for him for our last trip, but sticking with it was my idea.

So, I won't bore you with the details of our failed attempts at doing Disney cheaply without adequate lead time. Suffice it to say that we were able to find a buy-2-get-1 offer for the airfare and Dolphin on Expedia and jumped on it.

I'm not a huge fan of the Dolphin, and also, I'm terrified of fish. I know, it's weird, and now I've condemned us to a trip full of fish jokes. Anyway. November 3-9 (Saturday through Friday). Dolphin.

Holy mackerel, Batman, it's a plan! (I warned you about the fish jokes.)

Day 1 (Saturday): Arrive MCO mid-afternoon. Lyft to Dolphin. Fantasia Gardens mini golf (Pluto is kind of obsessed with mini golf). Dinner at Garden Grove with characters and seafood. (Pluto is also obsessed with salmon and shrimp.)
Day 2 (Sunday): I have a 4pm at Minnie's Seasonal Dining that I can't decide whether to keep or change. Pluto really wants this meal, but not sure of the timing.
Day 3 (Monday): Dinner at bluezoo while Pluto enjoys his 2 free hours at Camp Dolphin
Day 4 (Tuesday)
Day 5 (Wednesday): Start the day with breakfast at the Wave, which I've been wanting to do for the last 3 trips.
Day 6 (Thursday): oh my gosh, I can't believe I managed to book our trip during the first week of Christmas season! I've always wanted to be there for ... MVMCP! Yep, just booked it. Hooray!
Day 7: (Friday): Our flight home isn't until 7:30 pm, so who knows what we'll get up to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter