VIP experience - Worth trying?

TomEUDIS

Earning My Ears
Anyone tried the VIP experience yet? I was wondering if it's worth the price, going to Universal for the first time.

Someone posted a comprehensive review of the VIP experience within the last few months that you could do a search for.

Let me see if I can find it.

For me it would never be within my budget.

Thanks for posting the review. The review above is for the fully private tour-just for those in your party, and it's basically a customizable experience (the private VIP experience), since you're paying BANK for it. You have to call Universal directly to book it. There is a semi-private tour available as well (called the VIP experience), where you join in with others who have paid for a "non-exclusive" tour experience. I think (don't quote me on this) they limit each tour to 10-12 people. Also, the less expensive tour includes the QS meal plan for the day, not a sit down buffet like the fully private tour. The semi-private tour can be booked directly here:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Th...tours&ef_id=WCs_AAAAACKdnjbJ:20170123130100:s

I did find some reviews online about both experiences, but to be frank, $3K+ is out of our budget. I did book the VIP tour experience for our family as DH's father's day present for our trip this summer. It's still a bit pricey, but not $3K pricey. It's one of those "once in a lifetime" vacation events for us. We're going at a busy time of the year, and I want DH to feel pampered and special for Father's Day. He coaches and teaches, and will have been working 60-80 hour work weeks since last Thanksgiving, and quite honestly, deserves a little bit of special recognition and pampering. We'll have met some significant financial goals by the time we go on vacation this summer, so I feel ok with splurging a bit on a pure extravagance on vacation. From the reviews I've read, everyone has been happy with the experience. If you can afford the $$, or just want to have an "all out" experience, go for it!

I wrote the posted review. "Worth" is always a tough thing to judge for somebody else because you never know someone's financial position or comfort level. I look at it this way, if you add up every perk the math will probably not quite add up to where a private VIP is "worth" it on an empirical level, especially considering the other alternatives like the group VIP or express pass. (Unless maybe if you split it with another family). However, only you know the value you place on the hours or nights you save as well as what you believe the special experience is worth.
Its a great day and your kids will have a blast. You wont wait in line more than 5-10 mins for any ride and you can ride anything multiple times if you want. You learn some cool things and see some behind the scenes magic. The customer service will be excellent. But, it will be all for nothing if the cost makes you too uncomfortable to enjoy the vacation day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter