VIP Tour - First time - Questions

I am trying to come up with a booking strategy. We can do 60 +1 but I live on the west coast so 7 am is 4 am my time. I can do it but I am going to a wedding the night before and who knows what time I will get to sleep. LOL I am thinking of having the concierge make the booking. Is that wise? or should I keep control of the situation?

We are now thinking of doing 2 days of VIP and changing to the Dolphin which is very reasonable. I am just not sure if I want to do 2 days B2B or do 1 VIP day, one chill day with just wondering the parks at night, day 3 VIP tour. We will be there 4 nights with day 1 and 5 travel days and not parks. Or just stick to 1 VIP day. I know this is total first world problem but I am great at researching and horrible at decisions.

Input is welcome and appreciated.
I haven't done my tour yet, but I think one VIP tour is sufficient unless you think you'll want to ride a lot of rides multiple times. Others who have done the tour can probably weigh in better on that question.

As for booking, I believe the phone line didn't open until 8 or 9 EST for tour booking (it definitely wasn't 7 because I tried then and the lines weren't open yet). I called when the lines opened and had no problem booking a tour for 60+2 during spring break.

6 am is better then 4 am. The concierge at our original hotel said they would be glad to do it, not sure if we switch to the Dolphin if that will even be an option.

Just came back from a tour where we did:

Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Seven Dwarves
Buzz
Space Mountain
Snack Break

Flight of Passage
Navi River Journey
Safari
Lunch at Satuli

Rise
Snack Break
Slinky Dog
Tower of Terror
RnRC

Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Seven Dwarves
Buzz
Space Mountain
Snack Break

Flight of Passage
Navi River Journey
Safari
Lunch at Satuli

Rise
Snack Break
Slinky Dog
Tower of Terror
RnRC
What a great day! Do you mind me asking how many hours your tour was? Did you have any young children in your group?

Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Seven Dwarves
Buzz
Space Mountain
Snack Break

Flight of Passage
Navi River Journey
Safari
Lunch at Satuli

Rise
Snack Break
Slinky Dog
Tower of Terror
RnRC

I would love to know time frame and how much walking as well. Debating the tour as we have first time west coasters coming with us and they want to do everything (which we've tried to remind them could be difficult). They are used to DL and definitely not used to humidity and heat and we will be there in June/early July. Wondering if it will be too much walking in the heat for them.

On the other hand, that sounds like a fantastic day to me!! We just got back from WDW and last week was so crowded and hot, we were definitely apprehensive about summer.

We joined my sister and her family on a VIP tour the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2021. (They also had her on Thanksgiving for 7 hours where they did some HS and Epcot)

8 hours- Megan
Picked up at hotel at 1pm

- Hollywood Studios
TOT, Mickey and Minnie’s Railroad, Falcon, Star Tours (Rise was down)

-MK
Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Splash, Space, Buzz, It’s A Small World, Under the Sea, and ended in VIP section for fireworks ( Mickey bars for whoever wanted one)

we did do counter service Pinocchio Village - Tourguide is allowed a break as well.
Back to the hotel.

it was amazing but also hectic.
It wasn’t until the next day that I realized I never got to the front of MK to see the Christmas tree. So, definitely recommend going back to each park on your own to take your time and enjoy at a slower pace.

I would love to know time frame and how much walking as well. Debating the tour as we have first time west coasters coming with us and they want to do everything (which we've tried to remind them could be difficult). They are used to DL and definitely not used to humidity and heat and we will be there in June/early July. Wondering if it will be too much walking in the heat for them.

On the other hand, that sounds like a fantastic day to me!! We just got back from WDW and last week was so crowded and hot, we were definitely apprehensive about summer.

Well, July is brutal anyway you slice it. That would be tough but surely possible. This tour was 7 hours and the level of walking wasn't too bad, but we were tired at the end of the day. The guide knows the most efficient ways to go and will occasionally use backstage areas to save time/steps. They drive you between parks and you don't use the normal entrances. We were provided lots of bottled water.

Does anyone know where the parade viewing area is at MK for Festival of Fantasy Parade while doing a VIP tour? Does it provide any shade?

Does anyone know where the parade viewing area is at MK for Festival of Fantasy Parade while doing a VIP tour? Does it provide any shade?
Pre-covid it was at the upper level of the main entrance, right by the circle. Nice shade, higher viewing angle and enough space for multiple tours to have front row viewing.

We recently came back and did our first VIP tour for 7 hours with Michael (wonderful). 10am pickup at Kidani. 3 "middle aged" adults, 2 seniors, 2 kids aged 9 and 11.

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Thunder Mountain
Snack/Bathroom break
Seven Dwarfs

(HS VIP entrance is next to Lightning McQueen's/RnR)
RotR
Millennium Falcon
Lunch at Docking Bay 7 (approx 1:30)
Toy Story Mania
Slinky Dog
Runaway Railway
Snack/Bathroom break

(AK VIP entrance is next to Pandora)
FOP
Na'vi River

He dropped us off back at Kidani and was also able to get us LL for Remy for later in the day because I failed in my attempt in the morning (I needed a specific time and couldn't get it -- part of the drawback of Genie+)!

Despite the expense, I don't think I would do Disney again without a VIP tour. Genie+ is too much of a hassle for our party of 7 and made the vacation way more stressful (and I'm pretty good at navigating Disney stuff). You do not do that much less walking on a VIP tour, but it didn't seem as tiring.

We recently came back and did our first VIP tour for 7 hours with Michael (wonderful). 10am pickup at Kidani. 3 "middle aged" adults, 2 seniors, 2 kids aged 9 and 11.

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Thunder Mountain
Snack/Bathroom break
Seven Dwarfs

(HS VIP entrance is next to Lightning McQueen's/RnR)
RotR
Millennium Falcon
Lunch at Docking Bay 7 (approx 1:30)
Toy Story Mania
Slinky Dog
Runaway Railway
Snack/Bathroom break

(AK VIP entrance is next to Pandora)
FOP
Na'vi River

He dropped us off back at Kidani and was also able to get us LL for Remy for later in the day because I failed in my attempt in the morning (I needed a specific time and couldn't get it -- part of the drawback of Genie+)!

Despite the expense, I don't think I would do Disney again without a VIP tour. Genie+ is too much of a hassle for our party of 7 and made the vacation way more stressful (and I'm pretty good at navigating Disney stuff). You do not do that much less walking on a VIP tour, but it didn't seem as tiring.
At AK, there are also VIP entrances at Rain Forest (although you park at the same place for the Pandora entrance), as well as right behind Dinosaur - you walk up a staircase and enter through the gift shop, right next to the photo display. Don’t be afraid to tell your guide you’d prefer to drive to another area if you have little ones, older people, or others who may have mobility issues. I’ve only parked and entered at the one place at HS and MK but have parked behind TT and behind Soarin’ at Epcot.

At AK, there are also VIP entrances at Rain Forest (although you park at the same place for the Pandora entrance), as well as right behind Dinosaur - you walk up a staircase and enter through the gift shop, right next to the photo display. Don’t be afraid to tell your guide you’d prefer to drive to another area if you have little ones, older people, or others who may have mobility issues. I’ve only parked and entered at the one place at HS and MK but have parked behind TT and behind Soarin’ at Epcot.
Interesting. When I asked about going to Epcot to ride Remy, our guide said the VIP parking area is by TT so it would be a long walk. Maybe they’ve centralized locations since COVID? Or maybe that’s Epcot-specific given the construction. Either way, your point is a good one: don’t be afraid to ask your guide for anything! That’s how we got LL for Remy.

I am trying to come up with a booking strategy. We can do 60 +1 but I live on the west coast so 7 am is 4 am my time. I can do it but I am going to a wedding the night before and who knows what time I will get to sleep. LOL I am thinking of having the concierge make the booking. Is that wise? or should I keep control of the situation?

I'm West coast too and had similar thoughts to yours. I asked in the concierge thread in the Resorts section of the site recently if we could have club level book for us and was told they do not do bookings anymore in advance. So I think you (and me) are on the hook for our own bookings. That said, I did see someone else told you isn't quite as bad as booking dining and we only have to be up at 6am as opposed to 4am :) Though I suppose it's still 4am if you want to book dining too.

We are now thinking of doing 2 days of VIP and changing to the Dolphin which is very reasonable. I am just not sure if I want to do 2 days B2B or do 1 VIP day, one chill day with just wondering the parks at night, day 3 VIP tour. We will be there 4 nights with day 1 and 5 travel days and not parks. Or just stick to 1 VIP day. I know this is total first world problem but I am great at researching and horrible at decisions.

I would probably put a rest day between the tours personally. Our experience with tours (granted only at DL so far though we really want to do one at WDW this time around) is that they are exhausting if you go hard and why not go hard if you are paying all that money??? We were in total park commando mode. Go go go go go go! If you tour that way, a day between could be a godsend.

I created another thread about something similar. We are booked at the end of June for a 3 day private VIP Tour. Family member taking care of everything. We just need to handle the tip. How much do you typically tip the guide. I assume it won’t be the same guide for all 3 days but my family member requested we have the guide every day until the park closes (not sure if that’s possible). Do you tip out each day or wait until the end of the trip. Can we give cash or does it go to someone who pools it out?

I created another thread about something similar. We are booked at the end of June for a 3 day private VIP Tour. Family member taking care of everything. We just need to handle the tip. How much do you typically tip the guide. I assume it won’t be the same guide for all 3 days but my family member requested we have the guide every day until the park closes (not sure if that’s possible). Do you tip out each day or wait until the end of the trip. Can we give cash or does it go to someone who pools it out?
You were already able to book? I thought they couldn’t be booked until 60+ days.

You were already able to book? I thought they couldn’t be booked until 60+ days.
Not sure. I assume they have it or plan on getting it. They have a travel agent handling it who is very familiar with these tours. They already have the rooms booked. We all have annual passes so that’s taken care of.

I've never had tours back to back like that, but do not hold your tip to the end, IMO. I'd count on it being three different people and you can have a happy surprise if you get the same guide all three times.

Give cash to the tour guide directly at the end. Our current tip is $400 for a 7 hour tour.

Interesting. When I asked about going to Epcot to ride Remy, our guide said the VIP parking area is by TT so it would be a long walk. Maybe they’ve centralized locations since COVID? Or maybe that’s Epcot-specific given the construction. Either way, your point is a good one: don’t be afraid to ask your guide for anything! That’s how we got LL for Remy.
maybe they changed things. When I did a tour pre covid, we wanted Soarin/TT and Frozen, and we actually drove between future world and world showcase to make it faster. I don't recall exactly where we parked, but there definitely was a world showcase parking area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter