VIP Tour Guide Recommendations WDW

dmychuds

all awesome all the time
Hello,

We have a vip tour planned and was wondering f if anyone had any guide recommendations. We would like someone who is more than a walking fast pass

Thanks in advance!

When I called and booked ours, I was VERY specific about the type of Plaid we wanted.
You see all types around the parks and I knew exactly what I wanted and didn't want. It really depends on the group you're with, mobility, ages, interest.

This is what I requested and was matched to perfection:
*Young
*Energetic
*A true believer with lots of Disney history and knowledge
*Let them know most of our group was in their 20-30s with us (parents) and we like to hustle
*Fun

We got matched with Kelly Ball, who I think is probably the best Plaid of any Plaid there ever was. We were officially her last tour as she had been promoted to a management position at Animal Kingdom. We love her and keep in touch. She connected with every single person in our group and it was the best Disney day any of us have ever have, bar none. We did all 4 parks. We had a blast.

We've been with Homer for 5+ years and love him. He's very easygoing and witty, and just fun to be around.

If nothing else, I would request a permanent, full-time, VIP guide. During busy seasons, they sometimes bring temporary staff onboard in the VIP department.

We had Jocelyn and she was amazing! We had a group of ten mixed between young and old and we all loved her. She shared lots of good Disney information and fun stories and she knew everybody pretty well by the end. She was the consummate Disney professional too in the way she interacted with everyone around the park. I think what a previous poster said is important though. I would make sure at a minimum to request a full time plaid. I think they are probably all really great because the training and selection process is fairly rigorous but I know at busier times they do have others doing the tours as well. We had a woman who did the Ultimate Day of Thrills tour and sometimes did private tours and I think we would have been disappointed with her for the private tour. She didn’t have the same energy and personality. I also think the Disney know how of the full time tour guides is higher. They are better at navigating the park and dodging crowds. I am sure you will have an amazing time with whoever you end up with. It was such a great experience. I wish we could do it every time we go.

We had the pleasure of spending 2 days with Jonathan Herd during our first ever trip to WDW. We are a family of 5 with a bit of spread between the top and bottom -- 17, 14, 6. Jonathan was so much more than a "human fast pass". He was great with the kids, had an awesome "Disney" attitude and was tremendously knowledgeable. He even found something interesting in every backstage area we walked or drove through.

The best thing I can say about the VIP tour (and our experience with Jonathan) is that it allowed 2 very type-A planning parents to simply enjoy the day. He asked what we wanted, offered suggestions and then made it happen. My wife and I just followed where Jonathan took us. To have the option to not "adult" while at WDW-- priceless! :)

The VIP tour is now a staple of our visits to WDW.

(Also awesome? Back to back riding of Slinky, Seven Dwarfs , Flight of Passage and many others :earsboy:)

I was randomly assigned JD Elg on my first VIP private. My kids LOVED him (I did too), so now we always request him. I think we've been with him 4 or 5 times now. We're low key, didn't have any crazy requests from him, but we've always covered everything we wanted, he remembers exactly how we like to cover the parks, and most importantly, my kids all want to ride with him. It makes my day so much easier when they're all vying for his attention. Highly recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter