VIP Tour Question - Specific Tour Guide

ahhhshmatthew

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if you can request a specific tour guide when booking a WDW Vip Tour? I presume (or hope) this is possible, and if it is would assume it is subject to availability and not guaranteed, but just wanted to know if you could request someone specific :)

Yes, when you make the tour you can request a guide. It is noted when the guides are specifically requested and it goes in their files, so they appreciate it when it’s done. They’ll do their best to accommodate, but it’s dependent on scheduling and availability.
Thanks so much - very helpful!

I'm hoping to both get a tour reserved and if stars and moon align, a specific guide as well!

Curious, have you had the person before or is it review based? Mine is from reviews.

I have not had the person before, but is someone I'm familiar with through friends and other channels, and just wanted to get an idea of how much stock I should put into getting them or not before I book. May I ask - is there a website with the reviews you mentioned or a place to find that VIP tour guide info?

I have not had the person before, but is someone I'm familiar with through friends and other channels, and just wanted to get an idea of how much stock I should put into getting them or not before I book. May I ask - is there a website with the reviews you mentioned or a place to find that VIP tour guide info?
There is a VIP tour sharing group on FB. It's not just people looking to share, but also has reviews and guide shout-outs. It's been helpful. Plus thry often share what the price typically is running. They've really gone up! Not paying $900 an hour on the higher end lol.

Just my opinion, but I don’t know that it’s best to request a guide rather than explain to DSS what kind of guide you would like for your family and have them pair you. And I can’t imagine that in that role they would have any bad guides, just maybe someone that didn’t mesh, at most.

For example, we wanted a guide who would ride with us and would be a good fit for our family dynamic and touring style. If the highest reviewed guide didn’t do that and we requested them, we would have been disappointed.

We liked our guide so much we requested them for our next tour and would definitely use them in the future, but I’m glad I let Disney do the matching on our first tour.

There is a VIP tour sharing group on FB. It's not just people looking to share, but also has reviews and guide shout-outs. It's been helpful. Plus thry often share what the price typically is running. They've really gone up! Not paying $900 an hour on the higher end lol.
could you share more details on this facebook group? I would REALLY appreciate that!

We've had great success with requests--our guide is really getting to know us as a result, which is great.

Does anyone know what the hourly rate for a private tour was the first week of November last year? We're trying to figure out if it's doable. The quoted range is so wide.

Does anyone know what the hourly rate for a private tour was the first week of November last year? We're trying to figure out if it's doable. The quoted range is so wide.
On November 6, 2022, and for the days around that date, the price was $700/hour.

We’ve also had great success with a tour guide request. The one time where we didn’t request someone specifically due to a last minute trip during the Christmas season, we ended up with a tour guide who was definitely not a match for our family. From that experience, we learned you can also specifically request not to have a certain person. We now regularly use a specific cast member that we can’t rave enough about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter