VIP Tour Question

gayles

DIS Veteran
Do you have to be staying at a Disney Resort to sign up for The VIP Tour for 1 Day ? Any other Hints are welcome.

Any other Hints are welcome.

• Tours are getting fully booked so book early.
  • Meet your guide in the park you want to start at so you don't waste tour time driving to the park
  • Get park hopper hit all the major rides and save the lesser ones for your other days, don't waste VIP time going to rides which don't have long wait times
  • Wear good walking shoe, we walk a lot more tour days then non-tour days
  • unless the $ doesn't matter, just do snacks and quick services for meals
  • Take advantage of getting into the prime VIP spots for parades and fireworks, we generally always end the day at MK for the fireworks, beats waiting for hours in the crowd
  • treat your guide with respect not as a hired hand, I've seen some pretty poor manners with some groups and their guides. Yes, your paying a lot of money but doesn't mean you can act like an a**hat towards them.
  • If there is a snack or water stand near by, ask the guide if they can get that for you while you're on the ride, they take your magic band or CC.
  • if there is a chance of rain, bring a tote bag and leave what you need in the vehicle.
And the most important tip:
  1. start increasing your disney budget to include tours in the future b/c life is never the same without it!! :worship:

1. start increasing your disney budget to include tours in the future b/c life is never the same without it!! :worship:
See this is my problem, we are doing a VIP tour our next time since we are taking people who have never been to WDW and this will be their only trip. I am afraid it will want to become a normal thing for me and thats not an extra few thousand I want to spend every time I go home

See this is my problem, we are doing a VIP tour our next time since we are taking people who have never been to WDW and this will be their only trip. I am afraid it will want to become a normal thing for me and thats not an extra few thousand I want to spend every time I go home

Since we started taking tours we have reduce our number of days. Our average per day is well over $1100 when we include all the cost so it eases the pain. We really don’t feel like we are missing out as much since some parks are only 1/2 for us and once we get the rides we want done we are good. We just did a 3 day trip with a tour and it was plenty of time for us to hit all the parks, get our favorite eats.

I thought I understood the booking time period but now I'm questioning myself. If I have an onsite hotel reservation, how far in advance can I register? I check-in July 13 for reference, would be booking the tour for July 15.

I thought I understood the booking time period but now I'm questioning myself. If I have an onsite hotel reservation, how far in advance can I register? I check-in July 13 for reference, would be booking the tour for July 15.
It is exactly the same as dining reservations. If you are on-site, you can book the tour on the same day you are able to book dining.

It is exactly the same as dining reservations. If you are on-site, you can book the tour on the same day you are able to book dining.
Which is how many days? Sorry, I understand it do be 60 days prior to your check in date, but I've seen varying posts that mention 60+1 and 60+10 and now I'm second guessing myself. This particular trip (Bachelorette party) is a once in a lifetime experience so I don't want to miss my chance for a VIP tour because I misunderstood the registration rules.

Which is how many days? Sorry, I understand it do be 60 days prior to your check in date, but I've seen varying posts that mention 60+1 and 60+10 and now I'm second guessing myself. This particular trip (Bachelorette party) is a once in a lifetime experience so I don't want to miss my chance for a VIP tour because I misunderstood the registration rules.

On-site guests can begin booking dining (and VIP) reservations 60 days from check in for their entire stay, up to 10 days (hence the 60+10).

Off site guests must book each day individually at the 60 day mark.

So the advantage for on-site is that you are only competing with other on site guests for reservations beyond 60 days out.

In your case, since you are on-site and want to book the tour 2 days after you check in, you can book it 62 days out. Which gives you an advantage over all off site guests and on-site guests who don’t check in until the next day. The only people who can book before you are on-site guests whose check in falls within the 60+10.

So 60 days before your check in date, you can book your dining and vip for the length of your stay (up to 10 days).

If your tour date isn't available when you first call keep checking back. You can also ask to be put on the wait-list.
Ask your guide Disney questions - our guide, Ryan, had a million amazing stories we would never had heard if we didn't tell him we were interested in Disney details.
If there's a snack you've always wanted to get to but missed, your guide may be able to make it happen.
Lunch should be quick service because of the time you'd lose. The clock for your tour doesn't stop for lunch.
If you end your tour around the fireworks time your guide will leave you at the roped off viewing location.
You can email a list of priority 'to do' items before your tour, but your tour guide won't have it memorized. If it was a complicated list, bring it along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter