VIP Tour Thanksgiving Week

jnncooke

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are considering doing a VIP tour for our upcoming trip Thanksgiving week. We arrive the Friday before Thanksgiving, and are doing a MVMCP to start our trip. Ideally, I would like to do the tour the next day. My question is pricing. Has anyone done one on this weekend? I know typically weekends are more expensive, but that weekend is always slower than the week leading up to Thanksgiving Thursday. It’s hard to plan the rest of the trip, when I don’t know where to put the tour!
Also, anyone have any experience on how hard these are to book? I’m going to book at our 60 day mark but just wondering if they sell out same day.

Reactions: MFG
Hello! We are considering doing a VIP tour for our upcoming trip Thanksgiving week. We arrive the Friday before Thanksgiving, and are doing a MVMCP to start our trip. Ideally, I would like to do the tour the next day. My question is pricing. Has anyone done one on this weekend? I know typically weekends are more expensive, but that weekend is always slower than the week leading up to Thanksgiving Thursday. It’s hard to plan the rest of the trip, when I don’t know where to put the tour!
Also, anyone have any experience on how hard these are to book? I’m going to book at our 60 day mark but just wondering if they sell out same day.
So I've never done a VIP tour but know a few people who have done them recently. Until you call to book, you really won't know what your pricing will look like. It will be dictated by your selected tour time and number of guests. I would imagine anything in November and December will be expensive. Some tips- don't take too much time to eat on the tour. Either do snacks only or a mobile order and meet your guide at the park. Don't take them up on resort pick up/drop off since that will eat into your tour time. Sounds awesome, have a great trip!

Forgive me chiming in with something unrelated to your question, but are you committed to doing your tour day right after your MVMCP night? Or maybe you're planning on starting a bit later in the day?

Granted some folks are hard chargers like that and a late night followed by a long full day is absolutely no issue or the plan for your trip won't work any other way... but if this were me the potentially late night (if you stay the full party time) and VIP tour the next day would not be my first choice if possible.

Anyway - feel free to ignore, just crossed my mind reading your post. Have fun!

You can call before the 60 days to get pricing. I just called yesterday and got prices for Sept 26-28. I imagine you'll be able to call mid to late August for US Tksgiving.

You can call before the 60 days to get pricing. I just called yesterday and got prices for Sept 26-28. I imagine you'll be able to call mid to late August for US Tksgiving.
Yes, I knew I could call but I wasn’t sure how quickly the days go and it affects my palms for park reservations for the rest of the week. I’m probably fine to wait until 60 days for those, but then you don’t know restaurants, etc. it just all snowballs!

Forgive me chiming in with something unrelated to your question, but are you committed to doing your tour day right after your MVMCP night? Or maybe you're planning on starting a bit later in the day?

Granted some folks are hard chargers like that and a late night followed by a long full day is absolutely no issue or the plan for your trip won't work any other way... but if this were me the potentially late night (if you stay the full party time) and VIP tour the next day would not be my first choice if possible.

Anyway - feel free to ignore, just crossed my mind reading your post. Have fun!
Thanks for your input! We are usually rope droppers and park closers with a 3-4 hour break at the hotel midday. So we weren’t going to the park for MVMCP until that evening as it is our arrival day and wouldn’t rope drop but just meet at park around opening on our VIP day…so actually much more laid back for us! Also, after the VIP tour I think we may be able to skip some rope drops on the other days as well, or at least won’t feel the pressure to HAVE to do them which will make for a more relaxing time!

Yes, I knew I could call but I wasn’t sure how quickly the days go and it affects my palms for park reservations for the rest of the week. I’m probably fine to wait until 60 days for those, but then you don’t know restaurants, etc. it just all snowballs!
I understand the stress with park reservations. But as I stated, you can get the VIP prices way before your 60 days.

Rates were $775/hr for Fri-Tuesday around Memorial Day and dropped to $650 after that. My guess would be around $650, and the reps at the VIP booking number can give you rates well prior to 60 days. I called at 60+5 for that timeframe, and every day except the first day was available.

You only need a park res for the park you want to start in, and realistically, every park probably won’t be booked by 60 days. You could always start in one park and immediately hop if somehow the park you wanted was booked up. The main issue is getting the VIP booked, so just be prepared to be flexible on dates and know which park you want to start in when you call to book.

The price for 11/18/22 is 700/hr, 11/19/22-11/23/22 is 800/hr. I called yesterday as we are planning on doing the VIP during our trip to WDW 11/18-11/26/22. We don't fly in until 11:00 am so would be anxious to book a VIP tour on the 18th although 100 dollars cheaper an hour.

My family is wanting to book tour Thanksgiving week as well and trying to decide which day to prioritize. We arrive Sunday 11/20 and depart 11/27. We also have Christmas Party tickets on 11/22. Interested in hearing which day you would choose during the week and why. We’re having a difficult time making a decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter