VIP Tour thoughts?

Doug Lewis

Earning My Ears
We are headed to WDW from Texas in December (we go about once every 12-18 months) with another family. We are thinking about splitting the cost of the VIP Tour. I've read good things but dang it's expensive. Splitting the cost with another family helps but it is still roughly $2,000. There are 4 parents and 4 kids (young girls).

I was just curious if any of you have done the VIP tour? You get to go into the fast pass line at any ride you want and have a reserved spot at shows.

a few years ago, i took my elderly mom and sister on a VIP tour (just the 3 of us).
as i recall, the cost fluctuates depending on the time of the year.
It was an hourly cost with a minimum 6 hours (i think. I don't remember - it was a few years ago).

there was someone who planned on the phone and email with me ahead of time - basically what i wanted to cover.
i thought we'd only manage the 6 hours (since both my mom and sister are mobility and stamina challenged), but in the end, we went the entire day (12 hours i think) including seeing fantasmic.

i think it might have cost $3500 (plus a big tip to the CM guide). and i think we also had to have park tickets.

the CM picked us up in a minivan at our resort (with a gift for my mom - it was her 85th birthday).
i think we actually saw all four parks, but it's all so foggy now in my memory.

yes, they jump you up in lines...even though on the phone they denied that they do that - he did in fact push us forward in line.

and in shows, there were special rows we sat in.

And for lunch, we decided to eat at the brown derby (which had a zillion people sitting around waiting for their ADRs).
he just called into somebody and voila, we walked right in and sat down.

and we drove from place to place behind the scenes..

i will admit that i didn't actually like it..
i don't like racing around seeing stuff...
i'm more of a go with the flow, enjoy the atmosphere type of person..
and i don't like having a stranger with me..
but my mom and sister LOVED it....
they loved being able to 'get stuff done"...
but i should add that they're essentially disney haters, so the quicker they can do stuff the better..

i have a friend who does the VIP with his family every single time he's at disney (at least once a year, usually more)..
they go for three days and do the VIP every day (yeah, he's richer than midas)...
and he LOVES it.....he would never visit WDW any other way...ever...
he goes with his wife and 3 young daughters (and probably their nanny as well)...

if you have limited time and you do want to 'get a lot done' and you don't like all the hyper organizing of FPs and ADRs, and you have a lot of spare change, then you'll probably enjoy it...
and you do feel like a VIP if you enjoy that sort of thing....

and you get to plan what you want to do with the VIP contact person (i still carry around their business cards in my wallet strangely enough!!)...

it is a lot of money, but if you have the money to spend, and limited time and patience for 'doing disney', then go for it...

i'm editing this to add another thought...
i'm guessing i would have enjoyed it a lot more had i been with DH, DD and DS...
i suspect what i didn't enjoy wasn't the VIP, but rather being at disney with my mom and sister, rather than DH, DD and DS (all of us way beyond disneyholics)...
so i think that may have been what my problem was..
thinking about the day....had it been the four of us with the VIP CM, i think we would have had a really fun time....so it wasn't the VIP experience that i didn't like...
i just wanted to clarify that for you..
and as i already mentioned, my mom and sister really did enjoy it very much.....they still talk about it to this day...

Last edited:
We did it in July 2015 and would absolutely do it again. Stephanie was a fantastic guide and managed to work with our 4 teens (2 thrill seekers, 2 laid back riders) to make sure everyone was constantly riding. We spent time preplanning over the phone and via email before we arrived. We went at a very busy time due to our schedules and thought this was money well spent. We did 2 days and hit all four parks. Riding to the parks, secret entrances and front of the line access were fantastic in the heat and crowds. We did quick counter service lunches because we did not want to spend our guided time sitting in a restaurant.. We got reserved seating for the Frozen show and sat with a couple of Disney bigwigs who happened to be there. My kids also got some very special extras along the way including a constant feeding of my daughter's pin obsession with some really rare ones! It was a magical experience.

ETA: Forgot about the character access. Even though ours are teens already, we got the best pics we've ever gotten on a trip. Taken to the front of the line and lots of extra attention.

We did it in July 2015 and would absolutely do it again. Stephanie was a fantastic guide and managed to work with our 4 teens (2 thrill seekers, 2 laid back riders) to make sure everyone was constantly riding. We spent time preplanning over the phone and via email before we arrived. We went at a very busy time due to our schedules and thought this was money well spent. We did 2 days and hit all four parks. Riding to the parks, secret entrances and front of the line access were fantastic in the heat and crowds. We did quick counter service lunches because we did not want to spend our guided time sitting in a restaurant.. We got reserved seating for the Frozen show and sat with a couple of Disney bigwigs who happened to be there. My kids also got some very special extras along the way including a constant feeding of my daughter's pin obsession with some really rare ones! It was a magical experience.

ETA: Forgot about the character access. Even though ours are teens already, we got the best pics we've ever gotten on a trip. Taken to the front of the line and lots of extra attention.
So jealous! It is a dream of mine to have a private tour guide. Glad you had an awesome trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter