• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIP Tour - Tron and Guardians

rynorex

Earning My Ears
So we've just booked our first ever VIP tour for late April this year. The cast member on the phone confirmed that Tron is included and we can ride once which is great!

Am I dreaming when I say I hope this means Cosmic Rewind goes from once only, to multiple? has anyone been successful in riding it more than once on a VIP tour? Having done Tron in Shanghai multiple times, I know what to expect, it's a great ride, but CR is where it's at (ive been fortunate to be on it 6/7 times) Plus i'd like a few more goes on the tour if we can to experience all the tracks, as most of the group haven't even been on it once yet :)

Thanks guys,

So we've just booked our first ever VIP tour for late April this year. The cast member on the phone confirmed that Tron is included and we can ride once which is great!

Am I dreaming when I say I hope this means Cosmic Rewind goes from once only, to multiple? has anyone been successful in riding it more than once on a VIP tour? Having done Tron in Shanghai multiple times, I know what to expect, it's a great ride, but CR is where it's at (ive been fortunate to be on it 6/7 times) Plus i'd like a few more goes on the tour if we can to experience all the tracks, as most of the group haven't even been on it once yet :)

Thanks guys,
The general rule is that the new ride with the paid ILL$ is one time only with a VIP Tour. Since Tron just took over that spot today, and doesn’t officially take it over until April 4th, I’m not sure anyone would have multiple ride opportunities with Guardians yet, but I’m also curious to hear if anyone has. I haven’t done a VIP Tour since October 2021 when we were only allowed one ride on Rise - is that even still the rule since Guardians came along? I can’t imagine anyone would want to waste so much time riding it more than once, but hey, they’re paying for the time to do what they want.

I was told by our guide today that they recently changed the rule and are now allowed to take guests on Guardians twice per tour.

Also, at least first thing this morning, there seemed to be some question regarding VIP tours during the Tron soft open since it’s officially “not open yet”. But is it weird that someone paying the cost of the tour possibly can’t ride but someone paying for the $20 ILL can?

Check with Signature Services (number that you booked the VIP Tour) to confirm ... and they can make a note of your itinerary and intentions with Tron and Guardians for your Tour Guide on the day of the Tour. Good to have everyone on the same page.

I am planning on trying for a VIP tour in October, and since I have never done one, my question is:

Can I book the ILL rides for the tour and not have to pay for the ILL? Trying to decide if I should just ride the rides that don't have ILL with the tour and then just book the ILL by themselves at another time. Planning on trying to hit all the parks during the 1 day tour and then backfill with the parks we really want to go to.

I am planning on trying for a VIP tour in October, and since I have never done one, my question is:

Can I book the ILL rides for the tour and not have to pay for the ILL? Trying to decide if I should just ride the rides that don't have ILL with the tour and then just book the ILL by themselves at another time. Planning on trying to hit all the parks during the 1 day tour and then backfill with the parks we really want to go to.
VIP Tours don't need ILLs booked during them. Participants enter the Lightning Lane with the Guide. So it just depends on what rides you want to do with your Guide.

No need to book any ILL during your tour, you can get on them as part of your tour. But as mentioned above, there may be restrictions on only getting to ride the newest ride once. On our last VIP Tour in April of 2022 we were told we could only ride RISE one time as part of our tour. As luck would have it RISE was down the entire time were were at HS as part of our tour.

I was told by our guide today that they recently changed the rule and are now allowed to take guests on Guardians twice per tour.

This is correct. VIP Tours are now allowed to ride Guardians twice per day on tour.

Rise of the Resistance is still limited to only once per day on tour.

And, as of now, VIP Tours do not have access to Tron during the soft opening. Guests on VIP Tours can either join the virtual queue or purchase the individual Lightning Lane if they wish, but doing a VIP Tour will not allow them to ride Tron at the present moment. Granted, this could change before the soft opening period ends, but no one should expect that it will. Also, as a side note, if their guests do either of the above methods to get on Tron during their tour, the VIP guides are being asked to leave their groups at the entrance to the ride, instead of going in with their guests, so as to not give a false impression that VIP Tours are providing Tron access. The VIP Tours team is still waiting for official confirmation as to what sort of access, if any, they will have once Tron officially opens on April 4th, but it sounds like they probably will be allowed to ride once per day.

We have done a couple of VIP tours. We have had good guides and got alot done, very enjoyable and helpful. Made for a stress free afternoon.

But they really keep increasing the price
In 2021, in early August, it was 550/ hr Disney World. Took my granddaughter first trip

In 2022, again in early August it was 650/ hr at Disneyland. Our epic, 2 Grandma's, 3 grandkid trip.

My Daughter in Law, her mom and 3 kids are going in mid May this year. As a gift from me, arranged them to do a VIP tour.
The quote was 750/ hr !!!!!

We have done a couple of VIP tours. We have had good guides and got alot done, very enjoyable and helpful. Made for a stress free afternoon.

But they really keep increasing the price
In 2021, in early August, it was 550/ hr Disney World. Took my granddaughter first trip

In 2022, again in early August it was 650/ hr at Disneyland. Our epic, 2 Grandma's, 3 grandkid trip.

My Daughter in Law, her mom and 3 kids are going in mid May this year. As a gift from me, arranged them to do a VIP tour.
The quote was 750/ hr !!!!!
While I'm sure like everything else prices are increasing, the price/hour is dependent on time of year and date chosen.

The price this coming Saturday is $800/hr and on Sunday it was a little less. Since I never did one, I don't know if it is worth it but I guess I will know when the weekend is over.

The price this coming Saturday is $800/hr and on Sunday it was a little less. Since I never did one, I don't know if it is worth it but I guess I will know when the weekend is over.
That’s quite steep in my experience (I’ve done 7 at various times in the last 5 years), but my last was October of 21, so maybe that’s not so bad for modern standards.

That’s quite steep in my experience (I’ve done 7 at various times in the last 5 years), but my last was October of 21, so maybe that’s not so bad for modern standards.
I believe the range is now $500-$900 per hour, depending on date.

I believe the range is now $500-$900 per hour, depending on date.
My last was $650/hr and the top then was $800, & I was trying to convince myself that was still middle of the road as far as VIP Tours were concerned considering my first was $425 an early week in March 2018.

While I'm sure like everything else prices are increasing, the price/hour is dependent on time of year and date chosen.
The 550 was a Thurs first week of August, 650 was a Tues, 1st week of August, and the 750 will be a Sat mid May. 2021, 2022, 2023

I wish there was a calendar of prices, like how you can see flight prices in a calendar when making airline reservations, if you say my dates are flexible. I'd rearrange my park reservations if it meant I could save 100/200 per hour!

And, as of now, VIP Tours do not have access to Tron during the soft opening. Guests on VIP Tours can either join the virtual queue or purchase the individual Lightning Lane if they wish, but doing a VIP Tour will not allow them to ride Tron at the present moment.

This has now changed. Starting today, VIP Tours are allowed to use the Lightning Lane once per day on tour to ride Tron during the soft opening period.

It was definitely worth it. We had the same VIP guide both days and we did everything we wanted and more. The amount of work they do behind the scenes, monitoring rides, drives between parks, weather and I don't know what else was amazing. Also the knowledge and stories they told was priceless for me. If it fits in your budget, for me, it was definitely a worthwhile experience and I will do it again when I go down in December.

It was definitely worth it. We had the same VIP guide both days and we did everything we wanted and more. The amount of work they do behind the scenes, monitoring rides, drives between parks, weather and I don't know what else was amazing. Also the knowledge and stories they told was priceless for me. If it fits in your budget, for me, it was definitely a worthwhile experience and I will do it again when I go down in December.
Out of curiosity, who was your guide?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter