• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIP Tour

They asked if we needed help getting any ADRs. They can't help with Oga's (at least a month ago they couldn't, but that's ok, because Mouse-Dining came through with multiple options the night before).

Our guide did tell us they are limited; if there are no reservations, there are no reservations. They couldn't get us into 50s or Sci-Fi, but did get us into H&V, the day of the tour.

I would get an ADR, if dining at those places are important.

If VIP a guide makes the dining reservation is it done in advance? And does the ADR have to be immediately following the tour or could there be a break in between the end of the tour and the timing for our dinner?

If VIP a guide makes the dining reservation is it done in advance? And does the ADR have to be immediately following the tour or could there be a break in between the end of the tour and the timing for our dinner?

I'm not 100% sure. They did ask us a couple of times prior to the tour if we needed any ADRs. The reservation they did for us was made that day, about 3 hours before the end of our tour.

For your 2nd question, it can be later. Our H&V reservation was about an hour after the tour ended. (I didn't actually didn't go eat there; I took my DS and DGS and went back to their hotel room, as we were all feeling pretty worn out by that time.)

Does anyone have recommendations for anything that one should consider for a VIP tour the week of Thanksgiving? Any holiday must do’s or related items outside of Jingle Cruise? I’m thinking of a VIP tour on one of the days before TG - since FOTH starts Friday and we are planning two days in a row (Fri/Sat) at Epcot for that and rides.

I’ve booked a VIP tour for late September and I hope this group can answer a question. When I called to book, I was asked what time I wanted to start, if I wanted to be picked up at our resort and very generally what I’m interested in doing. Will I be contacted before the tour to give them a more specific list of rides/attractions I want to experience or do I just tell the guide on the day of the tour? Thanks so much for any information you can give me.

I’ve booked a VIP tour for late September and I hope this group can answer a question. When I called to book, I was asked what time I wanted to start, if I wanted to be picked up at our resort and very generally what I’m interested in doing. Will I be contacted before the tour to give them a more specific list of rides/attractions I want to experience or do I just tell the guide on the day of the tour? Thanks so much for any information you can give me.
You can email signature services your itinerary and ask them what they think and ask if they have any suggestions. You can also run things by them on the phone. I’ve found them to be very helpful. They will most likely provide the guide any information you provide but it doesn’t hurt to have a general “must do/nice if we can” list for the day of the tour.

I thought I would call beforehand, but then just never did, and it worked out fine just telling our guide the day of the tour. I offhandly mentioned to the CM who took the booking that I would be wearing gold Mickey ears (it was my birthday) and that was passed on to the guide.

How far in advance of your stay can you reserve a tour? We are going Christmas and I want to make sure we get a tour. Thanks

How far in advance of your stay can you reserve a tour? We are going Christmas and I want to make sure we get a tour. Thanks

60 days from the date of the tour, or if you’re staying on site at a Disney resort you can book beginning 60 days from date of check-in.

Phone line opens at 9 am Eastern. I would call a day or two early and make sure you know the prompts so you can get through them as fast as possible on your booking day.

Will be calling in 2 weeks to try to book our Nov week 60 days from check in. I’m hoping to book 2 dates so that we can figure out the best one over the next month or so based on our plans (and if Genie+ rolls out etc.) Does anyone know the cancellation policy? Meaning how far in advance do you have to cancel if you change your mind? TIA!

Will be calling in 2 weeks to try to book our Nov week 60 days from check in. I’m hoping to book 2 dates so that we can figure out the best one over the next month or so based on our plans (and if Genie+ rolls out etc.) Does anyone know the cancellation policy? Meaning how far in advance do you have to cancel if you change your mind? TIA!
You can cancel without penalty up to 2 days prior. And your card is not charged until you do the tour.

Reposting an updated version of a previous post with edits (deleting my old one) due to changes with Genie+ etc. Appreciate any thoughts!………

Looking for some advice with regard to a different strategies for a VIP tour in November. Group of 4 young women (early 20s), plus my two sons and 2 girlfriends (all millennials in their 30s) plus me (much older :))

My plan had been to meet guide at DHS by 9 AM, and do that plus MK and AK, skipping Epcot (we need to meet back up with the rest of our party for dinner, thus the early start). Was originally planning on doing mostly headliners, moving quickly etc.

But with the recent announcement of Extra evening hours and Genie+ I’m thrown for a loop. I expect we’ll still do VIP but may be able to hit some of the headliners via other methods.

So I’m now rethinking the whole thing. 🥴 Since we’re staying at Boardwalk I still don’t see the point in wasting VIP tour time at Epcot - not enough key attractions there to make the separate stop.

So while we will probably still do DHS, MK & AK on the VIP tour, what I’m really wondering is if people have ideas of other special experiences, or things to see that we could ask our VIP tour guide to access (at any of the 3 parks) since we may now have a bit of extra time . I have no idea what those would be, but I’m thinking of possibly special areas to see or a backstage experience or some such thing. If anyone has any suggestions (realistic or not!) I’m open to ideas!

The VIP tour will likely be a one-time event for us, so am hoping to make it as special as possible .

Many thanks in advance 😊

You can cancel without penalty up to 2 days prior. And your card is not charged until you do the tour.
I wanted add to this since I think the policy has maybe changed. I have a VIP tour booked for next month and the VIP tour cast member told me over the phone, as well as in the confirmation email, that payment is processed the day before the tour.

The two day cancellation policy is still accurate, though. I would assume you’d have decided on which day you’d prefer to keep before the payment would be processed anyway lol

We recently did a VIP tour. We started at HS, made a quick stop at Epcot for test track, then went to Mk to ride some things we didn't get to on our MK day,, finished with the fireworks at MK. We had our tour guide drive us to hotel to avoid the masses at MK after fireworks. We started at noon. As we were staying at the Dolphin,, We just went over just at opening,, and did Star Tours,, Micket runaway railway and the Frozen sing a long prior to meeting guide at HS. We did Rise via our tour, but I had obtained a boarding group just in case the rules changed again, or since that way we could ride twice if we wanted.

I was charged for the first 7 hours, the day before the tour. The rest the day after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter