• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIP Tour

I was able to book a Private Tour today as I hit my 60 days. There was availability for the last week of Oct 2021. Price is 575 an hour for min of 7 hours. I've never done it before so looking to surprise my husband as it's our 10 year anniversary. He is a smoker so I am hoping he can have a couple smoke breaks. He's been to Disneyworld once before but didn't do many rides. So main reason for this is to bang out all four parks popular rides. The rep did confirm that the Rise of the Resistance is part of the tour. I forgot to ask about Remy Ratatouille. Does anyone who has taken a tour before recommend meeting them at the park you are starting with to save time?

I was able to book a Private Tour today as I hit my 60 days. There was availability for the last week of Oct 2021. Price is 575 an hour for min of 7 hours. I've never done it before so looking to surprise my husband as it's our 10 year anniversary. He is a smoker so I am hoping he can have a couple smoke breaks. He's been to Disneyworld once before but didn't do many rides. So main reason for this is to bang out all four parks popular rides. The rep did confirm that the Rise of the Resistance is part of the tour. I forgot to ask about Remy Ratatouille. Does anyone who has taken a tour before recommend meeting them at the park you are starting with to save time?
Congrats on the tour! Doing mine in 2 weeks! I’m meeting them at HS at noon. Gonna make lightsabers and droids in the morning then meet up at 12. Going to all 4 parks and ending with VIP Happily Ever After fireworks and get driven back to hotel. Hate to tell your husband there is NO SMOKING anywhere in the parks anymore. He’ll have to literally leave the park and come back in. Good time to quit though…been 6 years since I smoked and I quit at Disney lol.

Similar to this, I asked the VIP booking agent the same question and they said that your tour had to end within 15 minutes prior to the start of fireworks in order to have access to VIP seating.
When I was booking my tour, the castmember offered to me on her own that we could get entrance to the fireworks, but that our tour "had to end at that time." And she even looked it up and told me the time. (Just to point out, I am not disagreeing with you on the 15 minutes thing! Essentially the same info, esp. since I DO think you have to get in there prior to the fireworks start!)

Last edited:
Just so you know the VIP tours now can get you on ROTR without a boarding group!
I just did a VIP tour two months ago, so I can tell you:

Unless you really want to ride rides over and over again since there are so few of them in HS, I would recommend at least one more park. I don't know what your overall plans are so it's hard to say, but most likely Magic Kingdom would be your best bet as a second park.

Note that you can leave the planning to the VIP guides, you can tell them what your broad goals are, and they can plan the day for you.

There are not too many rides at HS as I said, so you should definitely be able to do all the headliners there, then hop to your second park.

For a seven hour tour, unless you are either very slow or very fast, a typical number of attractions is 15-20.

Please note that ROTR can take up to half an hour since it is so long, so please plan with that in mind.

A good time to start your tour is 11am to 6pm. This allows you to get to the park at open, ride a few rides, enjoy the park, grab a quick lunch, and then start your tour. You can then end the tour at your dinner location. You could also just start the day with the tour if that works better for you.

Another bit of advice is to have a relaxation/pool day after the day of the tour, since going at that pace all day can be exhausting.
Great advice. I am assuming that you can park hop with the VIP tour without having to wait until 14h00... Am I wrong?

Successfully booked a November VIP tour today. 20-year DVC members and we’ve never done this so are pretty excited.

Group consists of mostly early 20s and early 30s including my niece, her friends and my two sons and their friends. I’ll be the only person over the age of 32 (but in good health & can move quickly ;)

I’m starting to make a general plan, but not sure it it’s realistic time-wise? Will be starting first thing in the morning as meeting up with the rest of folks from our party that evening. Current thinking is we will do DHS, AK, and MK. Since we’re staying at Boardwalk (within walking distance of Epcot) it just doesn’t seem to make sense to spend the tour time there.

We have decided we’re going to use the VIP van transport both ways from/to the Boardwalk and will probably take a 1/2 hour food break (it’s doubtful this group will get up early enough to have a good breakfast and know they won’t do well on just light snacks for 7 hours 😬).

Given this, wondering if this is doable over 7 hours…appreciate any thoughts!

Hollywood Studios:

ROTR
Millennium Falcon
Mickeys Railroad
Tower of Terror
Rockin Roller coaster
Toy Story
Slinky Dog Dash (possible)

AK:

Flight of Passage
Everest
Kali River Rapids

MK:

7 Dwarves Mine Train
Space Mountain
Pirates
(plus a few more if time)

Congratulations! I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

Here’s my report from our tour in May:

We just finished our VIP tour. 4 parks in 7 hours.

DHS 10 am
MMRR
MFSR
SDD
TSMM x2

AK 11:30
Safari
Dinosaur

MK 1 pm
Snack at egg roll cart
Pirates
Splash
BTMRR x2
HM
Peter Pan
7DMT
Peoplemover

Epcot 3:45 pm
Test Track
Soarin
Frozen -dropped off at 5 pm

According to our guide, that’s about as many attractions as you can likely do visiting all the parks. We were only 2 adults, no mobility or accessibility concerns.

We really enjoyed the day!

With transport both ways and a half-hour lunch break, you’re really looking at 6 hours or so. I think your plan is doable if your group is nimble (e.g, walk quickly and not a lot of bathroom breaks!).

On the Disney website, it states:
Pricing: Ranging from $425 to $850 per hour, depending on the season

Does anyone have more specific info on when the seasons are and how much they cost?

TIA

Congratulations! I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

Here’s my report from our tour in May:

With transport both ways and a half-hour lunch break, you’re really looking at 6 hours or so. I think your plan is doable if your group is nimble (e.g, walk quickly and not a lot of bathroom breaks!).

Thanks so much! Very helpful 😊

Does anyone have more specific info on when the seasons are and how much they cost?

TIA

Literally changes daily. If you’re going in the next few months you can call now and they can give you the pricing. Otherwise it does depend on busy seasons, and Fri-Sun dates tend to be more expensive than Mon-Thurs.

TIA

Our Monday in early May was $425 an hour. I got the impression that Mon/Tues is the cheapest (except for Monday holidays), then Wed./Thurs.

Question for all you VIP tour pros… We’re starting at DHS at about 9 AM in November. Planning to hit ROTR and a couple other headliners first thing. Do you think there’s a chance we could request getting a reservation for a quick bite at Olga’s mid or late morning (might even bring in breakfast wraps from Rondos to have along with a drink as I’ve heard that’s allowable). In any case, knowing how difficult these reservations are to get I don’t know if that is the type of Magic the VIP tour can make happen, but just curious if it’s worth a shot? Not looking for a guarantee, but also don’t want to make an unreasonable request!

Question for all you VIP tour pros… We’re starting at DHS at about 9 AM in November. Planning to hit ROTR and a couple other headliners first thing. Do you think there’s a chance we could request getting a reservation for a quick bite at Olga’s mid or late morning (might even bring in breakfast wraps from Rondos to have along with a drink as I’ve heard that’s allowable). In any case, knowing how difficult these reservations are to get I don’t know if that is the type of Magic the VIP tour can make happen, but just curious if it’s worth a shot? Not looking for a guarantee, but also don’t want to make an unreasonable request!
same question here, my brain forgot Oga's this past reservation period for Nov and now I can't get in. I've been multiple times and am now going with my 1 y/o niece for the first time, so it wasn't on my mind (like Cinderella's and other semi character dining were). So it would be great to be able to get in for like 20/30 min during my HS/Ep tour!

same question here, my brain forgot Oga's this past reservation period for Nov and now I can't get in. I've been multiple times and am now going with my 1 y/o niece for the first time, so it wasn't on my mind (like Cinderella's and other semi character dining were). So it would be great to be able to get in for like 20/30 min during my HS/Ep tour!

When we had our VIP, they said Oga's was one of the things they couldn't get us in for (ROTR was the other, but that's changed).

But we had tremendous luck with Mouse Dining. We had so many reservations ping for us in the three days before our HS day. I had Touring Plans during the same time, and only had one reservation ping in the same three days. For this trip, MD beat TP all around. I think TP only checks twice a day, and one of those is very late/early early morning, so we always miss it. MD was pinging all day long.

When we had our VIP, they said Oga's was one of the things they couldn't get us in for (ROTR was the other, but that's changed).

But we had tremendous luck with Mouse Dining. We had so many reservations ping for us in the three days before our HS day. I had Touring Plans during the same time, and only had one reservation ping in the same three days. For this trip, MD beat TP all around. I think TP only checks twice a day, and one of those is very late/early early morning, so we always miss it. MD was pinging all day long.
oh thats good to know, i usually rely on TP. it really isn't a be all end all for me... i much prefer hanging out at baseline for better drinks and food!

They did a massive drop of oga reservations lunch time and I was able to get a perfect time on my non-tour HS half day. I do know touring plans checks once per hour bc I’ve seen the pulls they note. But I signed up for MD too, free and 6 options definitely helped… TP found them first though. It just found another time today too first. Something about getting a text over an email gets you there quicker!

They did a massive drop of oga reservations lunch time and I was able to get a perfect time on my non-tour HS half day. I do know touring plans checks once per hour bc I’ve seen the pulls they note. But I signed up for MD too, free and 6 options definitely helped… TP found them first though. It just found another time today too first. Something about getting a text over an email gets you there quicker!
One handy tip is that you can supply an email address so that the notification gets texted to you. For example, if your phone number is (212) 555-1234, if you have Verizon and give the email address for notifications as 2125551234@vtext.com, the email will become a text message sent to that number. For AT&T it would be 2125551234@txt.att.net, and I assume other carriers would have something similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter