• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virgin car hire question

Dad2Buzz

Mouseketeer
Hi guys, we have booked a package with Virgin for June and as part of it we receive their 'free' car hire (which naturally works out more expensive than hiring from scratch with almost all other car hire companies :rolleyes2). I am not going to collect their car and arrange hire elsewhere, my question is will I have a problem with the free parking Virgin customers receive at the hotel? (Doubletree Seaworld). I am hoping it does not all tie in together? thanks

It should make absolutely no difference to the free parking at the hotel. This will be linked to your hotel room booking and not the car rental company.

I agree with the above but as its a VH perk its down to what's in their T&C's, I am 99.9% sure you will be OK but if it's in the T&C's you have to take their car for the free parking its down to VH and the hotel to enforce or not.

I hear what you're saying about their free car being more expensive than others, but don't rule VH out completely. We have just booked an intermediate SUV with them for 3 weeks as they were over £100 cheaper than anywhere else we looked.

I hear what you're saying about their free car being more expensive than others, but don't rule VH out completely. We have just booked an intermediate SUV with them for 3 weeks as they were over £100 cheaper than anywhere else we looked.
Correct Kenny, prices need to be checked and compared, our first rental in August is with VH's, got a Std SUV for less than Int SUV anywhere else. Then our 2nd rental was cheaper using the Brit deal.

Yes free car is a con really once you add on insurance and if unwanted anything a decent size.

As another poster said, I ve also found separate car hire through virgin holidays the cheapest

not sure how its cheaper elsewhere - when its not an option you can remove? you mean the extra insurance? or are you upgrading the car?

not sure how its cheaper elsewhere - when its not an option you can remove? you mean the extra insurance? or are you upgrading the car?
VH cars come with no insurance at all. You have to add insurance which is usually more expensive than renting a car(incl insurance) elsewhere.

Thanks for the replies.

I have read a few posts that say it is fine to simply not collect the 'free' car, some of them are old posts though, so can anyone confirm this is still the case? :-)

I got this today after asking much the same question if it helps.

'Hello Laura,

If you choose not to pick up the car hire that is included with your booking it will not be a problem. Please let me know if you would like for me to look into anything else for you.

Regards,

Heidi Sanchez
Florida Concierge Team
UK 0844 557 3890*No long distance/Only UK Rates apply
floridarep@virginholidays.com
Please note I will be away from the office Wednesday and Thursday.'

I've booked SUV (Jeep GC or similar) with VIrgin a few weeks back. Was cheapest by up to £300. It is via Alamo with fully inclusive insurance
It is Virgin Atlantic e-voucher, but reads Virgin Holidays on paperwork
Collection and drop off is at MCO.

*** Does anyone know if you can use Alamo Save Time and use the Kiosk to collect? ***

Last edited:
I wouldn't rule out vH out of hand without doing some research as actually we have on more than one occasion found them to be competitive and have actually used them even when not booking a holiday through Virgin for that reason.

I've booked SUV (Jeep GC or similar) with VIrgin a few weeks back. Was cheapest by up to £300. It is via Alamo with fully inclusive insurance
It is Virgin Atlantic e-voucher, but reads Virgin Holidays on paperwork
Collection and drop off is at MCO.

*** Does anyone know if you can use Alamo Save Time and use the Kiosk to collect? ***
I used eBookers/Alamo last year and used Savetime, although there was a thread a few month back saying you had to book direct to use the service I have never had a problem thru a broker. All you can do is try.

Ok I will take a look at Virgins prices for car hire. Will there be a problem that they already think I am getting a car through them?

I used eBookers/Alamo last year and used Savetime, although there was a thread a few month back saying you had to book direct to use the service I have never had a problem thru a broker. All you can do is try.
We booked Alamo using the Brits Guide discount and were unable to use Savetime. However on arrival last Saturday there was no queue at the desk and we were able to pick up the car immediately. We had spent more time writing emails asking why we couldn't use Savetime than it took for us to pick up the car!

We booked Alamo using the Brits Guide discount and were unable to use Savetime. However on arrival last Saturday there was no queue at the desk and we were able to pick up the car immediately. We had spent more time writing emails asking why we couldn't use Savetime than it took for us to pick up the car!

Our 2nd rental this August is thru the Brits deal, just had a look at Savetime & Online check in, its allowing me to do both/either. Not sure why some can't and some can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter