• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virgin coach transfers from airport

yorkshiregirl

Mouseketeer
Has anyone recently done the coach (I presume it's a coach) transfer with Virgin from the airport to a WDW resort?

We are staying at FW so obviously the times will vary across the WDW resorts. It says 30 mins transfer in the brochure for most of the resorts.

Well used to transfers in Europe and am wondering if getting a town car would save the monotonous drive around and loading/unloading:(

Have looked at Happy Limo who would charge $60 for a one-way trip. (We have a car for the second week). Any other recommendations of reliable firms please:) ?
TiA

Hi

We used their transfers last November for Wilderness Lodge
Biggest pain was waiting about 20 minutes for everyone else on the plane to arrive.
Transfer took about 30 mins and we were the 2nd of 3 stops, not too bad at all. The problem was on return as the times they collect you are never very early and there was a 2nd virgin plane leaving orlando only about an hour before us. Hence 2 hours (I kid you not) queing to check in.
If we dont have a car in the future then we will buy our transfers :
1. leaving to airport - can make a shopping stop
2. Returning - You can choose how early to get to the airport.

During our trip in November we used yourride.net to get to seaworld etc, run by a man called rabbit. They were excellent, always on time or early, they charge $85 return to a magic kindom resort hotel with an online coupon for $5 discount off that. Cost is for vehicle and you are the only people on or so I believe, heres their site

http://www.yourride.net/

They are pretty good at responding to e-mail enquiries.

Chris

PS just read it again, 1 way trip is $45

I would definately recommend a towncar transfer over a coach transfer.

We used Tiffany Towncars in October and can't say enough good things about them. The drivers were really helpful. They meet you at baggage claim with a sign with your name on and then help you get your bags from the belt.
You can opt for a grocery store stop on route to your hotel too - to stock up on snacks and beer :)

Here's their website:

http://www.tiffanytowncar.com

We had a problem with our early return using Virgin Transfer. One suggestion is you can alter this by ringing mears yourself. Thus you can allow yourself enough time.

We used the virgin coach transfer a couple of years ago and would be reluctant to use it again. We had to wait for more than 1.5 hours (on the coach) at the airport for two people to turn up for the transfer.

When the rep managed to trace them it turn out they had lossed their luggage. The rep made the whole coach wait whilst the two passengers and airport staff looked for the missing luggage. To make the task more difficult the passengers had not put any identifying labels on their bags. When the bags were eventually found and the coach left the airport guest what? Yes they were the first to be dropped OFF at their destination. It was not a happy bus.

Also we must have toured every hotel in the Orlando area before its last drop offs at the Disney resorts. Same on the way back we were first to be picked up and then on to every Orlando Hotel before delivering us back to the airport.

Since then we have used tiffany towncars and can fully recommend them.

Just a thought if you decide to use tiffany towncars or similar don't forget to tell Virgin you don't want their transfer or else there may be a whole bus full of people sat at the airport for hours and hours waiting for you!!!

Jools

We have used Virgin transfers twice in the past. Our first trip was great as we were staying at the Dolphin and not many other people seemed to be! We only stopped at one hotel on the way there so it didn't take long. Coming back was even better as we had a town car pick us up (we must have been the only folk going from the Dolphin that day) which was brilliant! :D

Our second trip was different as we stayed at PO Riverside and it did take longer to get there as we had to wait for folk to arrive on the bus. Coming back took ages as we stopped at quite a few resorts and all the luggage had to be loaded so it was a bit of a drag.

This year we are booking independently as our package with Virgin doesn't include transfers (part of our package is independent itinerary) so we are going to use Tiffany as we have heard good reports about them.

HTH :D

Thank you for the help.

I have decided to book a town car and will enquire about the rates from the companies suggested.

Shirley:)

I think I may also use these, how do you opt for the grocery stop, this sounds like a great idea?

Bekki - just request a grocey stop when you book the towncar - it doesn't cost any extra :)

We stopped off at a Publix on the way to POR. But I guess it depends on which direction you are going as to what store you stop at.

Thanks for the info Tim, just realised where you live. I used to go to Hinckely college. The last time I was in Barwell was to a carnival and did a :Pinkbounc Bungee Jump:Pinkbounc never been back to the place since:rolleyes:

Yes Bekki - living in Barwell does make you want to jump of high buildings :) - glad you had the elastic on though :bounce:

How long ago were you in Hinckley?

Bekki
If you are doing a return trip the grocery stop is free but if one-way as we are the companies charge either $10 or $15 dollars which is fair enough I suppose. That is Tiffany Towncar & Yourride(rabbittz). Happy Limo did not say they were charging so I will have to check this out with them.
Shirley:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter