• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virgin DTD Check-in Q and Ideas Needed Pls

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
I was hoping someone could make some suggestions as to what we can do after we have left the ship at Port C until the fly home at 6pm the same day?

If we ask to leave ship ASAP, say 9am - 10am, we are flying out of MCO and need to be there by 4pm. We will obviously have our bags, but i feel as though we should make the most of the day. Does anyone have any ideas?

We will have left WDW over 8 days prior to cruising, but maybe we could go to DTD and use the virgin check-in there and potter around, is it worth it for the time we will have?

Im not sure what type of tickets we brought in the end so i would have to check that......can you just buy a DTD pass and if so how much are they for one day?

Any other ideas are more then welcome.

Thanks

PP

I was hoping someone could make some suggestions as to what we can do after we have left the ship at Port C until the fly home at 6pm the same day?

If we ask to leave ship ASAP, say 9am - 10am, we are flying out of MCO and need to be there by 4pm. We will obviously have our bags, but i feel as though we should make the most of the day. Does anyone have any ideas?

We will have left WDW over 8 days prior to cruising, but maybe we could go to DTD and use the virgin check-in there and potter around, is it worth it for the time we will have?

Im not sure what type of tickets we brought in the end so i would have to check that......can you just buy a DTD pass and if so how much are they for one day?

Any other ideas are more then welcome.

Thanks

PP
I answered on the DCL post.

Just got back 24 august
Very pleased with DTD check-in. Opens at 8.30 in morning.
Got there 08:20...approx 20 people in front.....checked in within 30 minutes and seat allocated.......... also told us of flight delay
Spent rest of day in Magic Kingdom.....Airport boards were showing flight on-time until 1 hour before departure, then told us of delay ( which DTD has advised 10 hours before !) Plenty of things to to at DTD to soak up 6 hours, plus you will not have to drag around suitcases. A good cinema and plenty of shops and eating places. Also Disney Quest but that requires an additional admission cost

Just to point out that you do not need to buy a pass for DTD, only if you want to go into the cinema or Disney quest do you have to buy a specific ticket.
Plenty to do and see at DTD, or even get a Disney bus to Boardwalk and stroll around the boardwal and the yacht & beach club resorts, the Swan and dolphin. Get a bus to some of the other resorts and have a look around

We used the DTD check-in, did some last minute present buying and then visited Gatorland which was great for a few hours to pass the time before our flight home.

Like a few others here, I tend to make "home day" a non-park day. If I'm using DTD Check in then I watch a film at the ABC, visit DisneyQuest or just mooch around the shops til it's time to go. If I'm not using DTD Check-In then I usually head off to the rivals and go to CityWalk.

It all boils down to the same thing though, just having a general "mellow out" day so as to leave plenty of time to get to the airport and not get all hot and icky befoe a nine hour flight.

Can anyone on a virgin flight use the DTD check in or is it Virgin Holidays only?

Any Virgin Atlantic Flight (which includes Virgin Holidays).

And I quote "...enables you to check in for your Virgin Atlantic flight to the UK, drop off your hold luggage and get your boarding cards, without having to go to Orlando International Airport." (Trimmed of course)

EDIT: Well, maybe you should take this with a pinch of salt as I just found this on another part of the Virgin site.

"Relax - this service is exclusively FREE to all 'Virgin Holidays' guests!"

I've used it before though and I only fly Virgin Atlantic, not Virgin Holidays. Maybe they've changed it...

DOUBLE EDIT:

Okay, I wanted to check tis so as they say on Millionare "Final Answer"

It's free to Virgin Holidays, Virgin Atlantic Upper Class and Virgin Atlantic Gold Flying Club Members.
All other Virgin Atlantic Passengers can use the service for a $5 surcharge.

Info comes from th Virgin Holidays website and the Virgin Atlantic Website direct so this should be accurate.

Can anyone on a virgin flight use the DTD check in or is it Virgin Holidays only?

Yes, its a Vrigin Atlantic programme not a Virgin holidays initiative.
Anyone flying on a Virgin flight from Orlandfo international Airport (MCO) can use it.

Gold Card,
Upper Class passengers
Virgin holidays
can use it for free
Everyone else pays a fee (someone will tell you how much)

Be warned queues can be long and you are in an open area with no real shade from the heat so take drinks etc to keep cool. We did it last week and were there for about an hour and a half (we arrived about 9.30-10.00am and the queues were huge) Having said that it is still worth it to be bag free for the rest of the day :thumbsup2

Be warned queues can be long and you are in an open area with no real shade from the heat so take drinks etc to keep cool. We did it last week and were there for about an hour and a half (we arrived about 9.30-10.00am and the queues were huge) Having said that it is still worth it to be bag free for the rest of the day :thumbsup2

Only twice we have used DTD check in, every other time the lines have been crazy so not bothered staying. Tomorrow I am not even going to try, I have checked in online, will get all luggage in boot of car and pass a few hours somewhere. This is how we did it at Easter and it works well, just go to bag drop at airport, usually no line.

Thanks everyone for your ideas, we've decided to book a day room at the Hyatt at the airport.

We can use the pool, chill out, then shower etc so it will be a nice way to spend our last day and we wont be all hot and bothered for our flight.

Thanks again,

Emma

We didn't see a queue at all at DTD check in, strolled up at half ten, we're checked in within 10 mins, then just spent the day milling round DTD

We got there about 11am this summer and no queue at all!!! Maybe its better, slightly later??

Another idea for the rest of the day - take some ziplock bags and you could have nearly a full day at TL - just across the street!

Last year we did DTD check in, and the queue was huge, and very hot. People were turned away, including my sister and hubby who arrived 10 minutes after us, although they were better off as we had to queue 1 1/2 hours. It was very chaotic. They checked in at airport and there was no queue whatsoever.
This year I am also coming back from Cruise, but we're flying Ba,
so I've had to book a day room at the Hyatt as well, as we've nowhere to store our bags.

On the 20th we got there at about 10am and there was a big queue, for the first time Ive ever seen they were weighing bags as well.

On the 20th we got there at about 10am and there was a big queue, for the first time Ive ever seen they were weighing bags as well.

We went there on the 10th August and they had the scales there. The bloke just lifted our suitcases to judge the weight himself,he said if they think it is a heavier weight then they go on the scales, in other words if he can't lift them!!
The price to use DTD is $5 for us that have to pay

Just arrived home, Online checkin then bag drop at airport worked a dream again, just one family in front of us. Far easier than DTD hassles we have had before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter