• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Virgin Flying Club question

LisaStockman

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if it's possible to combine Virgin deals using airmiles?

So for example if I wanted to book an upgrade on the Outbound flight using airmiles and then a reward flight using airmiles on the return flight would that be possible?

Many thanks

It would be possible over the phone with them yes, but it may not work out that great, due to the leg you wish to upgrade with miles having to be booked in a upgradeable fare class, the cheaper of those upgradeable classes are not bookable as one way revenue fares, which they would have to be if you were using solely miles for your return leg.

You'd probably find it as cheap if not cheaper to book revenue fares both ways and upgrade with miles.

Ring Virgin and they will be able to price up the various options for you

So if I decided to book Economy flights both ways to Miami and upgrade to Upper class using my airmiles what sort of price do you think I would be looking at?

You can price it online - you need to log in to your flying club account first then under the spend miles you can search for flights using just the upgradable fare codes :thumbsup2

An M class economy fare is the cheapest upgrade able economy fare so that's the one you want, then you'll have to spend 50k miles per person return to upgrade to upper, you will also need to pay the extra tax and fuel surcharge that comes with the Upper Class Fare. As the previous poster said if you are going to but an economy fare both ways and upgrade you can check this online yourself

Would be interested how you get on. Got tonnes of miles to use but people have told me they ve had trouble ever using theirs

Would be interested how you get on. Got tonnes of miles to use but people have told me they ve had trouble ever using theirs

never had trouble using mine but we always fly in November so avoid any peak times. 3 more days just 3 more days and I'm back there:cool1:

Finding upper class reward seats can be pretty tricky, depending on when you travel and how many people are travelling (Especially on any LGW route not so bad out of LHR) ! Econ and PE usually much easier to find.

I'm guessing you can. I've booked a one way upper class reward flight from New York before.

You can book one way reward seats no problem, it's the return trip which you are paying for that causes the trouble as you effectively booking 2 one way flights not a return flight by doing it that way!

One way flights are usually only available in the higher fare codes which is why it probably won't be cost effective to do it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter