• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virgin hand luggage

Daisychick

Earning My Ears
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows if virgin at Manchester make you put your hand luggage in one of those baskets to check it is the correct size?

We will be well under the 10kg weight limit and 2 of the dimensions are under the limit. One dimension is 2 cms over. In total the dimensions add up to less than that allowed but if there is a basket i aren't sure if it will fit in. Would take another bag if we had one!

Thanks

Yes that makes sense -hopefully they won't ask ffor it to go in then since it is smaller on a couple of dimensions it shouldn't look too big.

Unless they used to work for ryanair - they have special powers and can just tell!

I think if you are checking in luggage they won't make you put your bag in the basket. I always get the sense that they don't care so much about what's going out so much as the return journey when they know everyone has squeezed every last inch and ounce out of their allowance!

I live in Canada now and fly back to the UK regularly and when I leave Toronto they never weigh baggage or check hand luggage but every single time we fly back from Gatwick they weigh and measure the hand luggage. You can just imagine how this goes down with the North American's! They had so much stuff that they want to take on as hand luggage and end up having to pay more and then it still goes in the hold!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter