• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virgin Holidays really do need to get their act together ...

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
... as their ops are, as usual, giving out different information :rolleyes:

I rang to book Discovery Cove with them, as I had been told I would get 10% discount with my Frequent Virgin membership, which made it cheaper than booking direct with DC.

I got the date and everything sorted out, then the op told me that I couldn't get the 10% off, it only applies for package holidays, not excursions, she even checked with the supervisor and they said the same.

So... after telling her what I thought of Virgin ops, I rang back, got a lovely guy on the 'phone, who said without any hesitation, yes indeed, you do get the discount!

It's about time Virgin trained it's staff up properly, as we have had different info before from different ops, so it's not just a one-off. Anyone else had this problem?

Good news is we managed to get Discovery Cove booked :D We couldn't get 2nd Jan as we had originally planned for though, the only dates left during our stay were 31 Dec and 8 Jan, as Virgin are only allocated so many tickets and can't request more. So if you are planning to book DC with Virgin I wouldn't hang around!

So looking forward to January 8th for Sam's Dolphin Encounter. Me? I'll be hiding behind my shades trying not to see any fish! ;)

That's great that you got that booked and with the discount too! :)

*sigh* I DO hate it though when you get different answers from different people :(

Penny :)

Well done Mazzy - hope Sam enjoys the day :)

It is the inconsistencies that is so frustrating isnt it? Good for you in sticking to your guns :)

Mazzy

It is so very annoying when you get given different advice fom the same company.I was going to say I got the same 10% discount off my DC booking as I booked it with my fly-drive with Virgin.Luckily when you called back you spoke to someone who knew what they were doing.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Well done Mazzy!!

Hi there - am reporting from Florida!! DC really is great and its a good way to finish off your holiday if you can schedule it for the end as we did (the end of our Orlando week anyway). It provides a very welcome respite from the hurly burly and foot pounding of the other theme parks (in his Brits Guide, Simon Veness said its like a holiday from your holiday and how right he is). The actual dolphin swim time we had was all of 20/25 mins, very enjoyable and great fun. We told both our allocated dolphin trainers that we were deaf and they couldn't have been more helpful and ensured that we caught everything they said by way of instructions etc. The swim included lots of different activities - the highlights for us being the 'kiss' and being towed to shore. We also had an additional bonus in being asked to interact with an 18 month old dolphin which was being trained - we got to kiss this dolphin too and give her some instructions to perform certain antics. We all had permanent grins stuck to our faces during the whole experience.

The rest of your time at DC is spent however you like - we lazed on the beach area watching the dolphins in the Dolphin Lagoon, snorkelled in the Lazy River as well as the ray and fish pools. It was my first time snorkelling and after initial reservations getting to grips with the breathing via mask/snorkel it was great fun to swim amongst the fish. Absolutely everything is provided for you, including lunch. Sarah and Paul thoroughly enjoyed the day and I'm sure Sam will too - can we come along too?! I shan't want to come home :(

Janet

Hi Janet :wave:

I'm so pleased you all enjoyed Discovery Cove, it sounds as thought you are having a great time out there! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter