Virgin strike ballot to be within 2 weeks

We're flying out Saturday 15th December. I'm trying not to worry myself until I know that there's definately something to worry about, but that's easier said than done, isn't it?

I'm booked on the 11.15 out of Gatwick. Couldn't wait any longer !!
Flying home on the 19.40, just to squeeze that last little bit of Orlando magic out of our holidays!!

Whahay! Same flights! VS27 out, VS16 in.

Where are you sitting?
You can see our seats from my little'uns picture :goodvibes

Just thought, the date of the original article mentioning the strike was November 3rd, and it was supposed to be arranged with 2 weeks.

Well, 2 weeks are up, so does that mean everything is OK?

Are Virgin likely to release a statement confirming that strike action isn't going to be held, if this is the case (which it hopefully is)?

We need to know either way, don't we?

I am looking for some info about what would actually happen if my flight was affected by the strikes.

It's bound to happen to me - i've spent all year planning this holiday and this would be just my luck. Sorry anybody else that is flying on the 11th Dec.

So IF my flight was affected how much notice would I likely get and what would Virgin's course of action be? We have PE seats if they moved us to another flight would we get same class? Would they refund us? Pay for another flight with another airline? Or just try to bump us to another day if anything was available. I'm just trying to get an idea as to how much this would disrupt us.

I'm not to worried about the money side of things as we have already confirmed with our travel insurance that we would be covered up to £5,000 each in the event of strike action affecting us - but obviously we would not get that straight away - so would I have to fork out another £3k+ if I can actually find a flight.

TIA

babyboo,
No-one can accuratly tell you what will happen until it does. Certainly Virgin Atlantic will have processes in place but it will depend on what happens, how many CC strike, what routes will be affected etc etc.

they will try to fly most routes with minimum allowed crew, they will transfer passengers where possible to other airlines, it may not be in the class of cabin, that will depend on availability

they might transfer you to a later flight.

Notice will be what VA get from the Union.

HOWEVER!
The union seems to be making a real hash of it at the moment. they are still trying to get all the crew who are union members ballot papers! (they say they need to confirm the members addresses!)

VA are saying they have heard nothing from Amicus about the strike threat as of yet.

Thanks Obi.

I am just trying to get my head around what "could" happen if I was affected.

Reading your HOWEVER have I got it right in thinking that as I am flying 3 weeks today and the union have to give 2 weeks notice and they haven't got all the ballot papers out we may just be lucky?

Thanks again
Babyboo

Thanks Obi.

I am just trying to get my head around what "could" happen if I was affected.

Reading your HOWEVER have I got it right in thinking that as I am flying 3 weeks today and the union have to give 2 weeks notice and they haven't got all the ballot papers out we may just be lucky?

Thanks again
Babyboo

Yes. I think IF it happens it will be Christmas/new year flights..

Whahay! Same flights! VS27 out, VS16 in.

Where are you sitting?
You can see our seats from my little'uns picture :goodvibes
We are prebooked in cattle class row 58 unless we can charm it at twilight check-in on Friday 30th.
Otherwise, I'll be putting my son to sleep with your little one!!
Bring on the magic!!

Still up in the air as to what is going on.
latest missive from the Union:-

"Re Industrial Update

Following on from my recent letter, I thought it would be helpful to update you on the process that will follow as we move towards the ballot for industrial action.

The process of conducting such a ballot requires a thorough check on our membership details which has now been completed. Our legal department are now also conducting a crosscheck on this information before any formal correspondence is sent to Virgin Atlantic advising them of the next step in this process.

We thought it was important, however, to remind you that your representatives are currently operating to their flying roster during this dispute with the company. Representational issues involving disciplinary and grievance procedures are, however, continuing and will be supported on your behalf by your reps."

String these words into a sentance:
Booze up & Brewery :sick:

We are prebooked in cattle class row 58 unless we can charm it at twilight check-in on Friday 30th.
Otherwise, I'll be putting my son to sleep with your little one!!
Bring on the magic!!

the flight is very full on the way out, only one seat free in Economy. (47K)
One seat in PE 78H
two seats in UC

Goping to be a bun fight at boarding!!

I was wondering how you have obtained the information below. Is there a website? If so, it would be great to know the address.

Thanks for all your updates.

Still up in the air as to what is going on.
latest missive from the Union:-

"Re Industrial Update

Following on from my recent letter, I thought it would be helpful to update you on the process that will follow as we move towards the ballot for industrial action.

The process of conducting such a ballot requires a thorough check on our membership details which has now been completed. Our legal department are now also conducting a crosscheck on this information before any formal correspondence is sent to Virgin Atlantic advising them of the next step in this process.

We thought it was important, however, to remind you that your representatives are currently operating to their flying roster during this dispute with the company. Representational issues involving disciplinary and grievance procedures are, however, continuing and will be supported on your behalf by your reps."

String these words into a sentance:
Booze up & Brewery :sick:

the flight is very full on the way out, only one seat free in Economy. (47K)
One seat in PE 78H
two seats in UC

Goping to be a bun fight at boarding!!
Oh, Yuk! I knew it was a busy flight, but didn't know it was going to be that busy! Hope its not a sign of things to come when we get to Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter