Virgin Travel Store-Not Happy

Rick Walmsley

Earning My Ears
:jester:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Booked a fly drive through the virgin travel store last week and got a good deal (OR SO I THOUGHT)

My DW got a phone call today from them saying they had made a mistake and they want an extra £400

Obviously Im not impressed by this at all

Any legal eagles out there who can give me any advise re where I stand? or has anyone had a similar problem?

Welcome any help

Rick

Have you had anything in writing from them, either snail mail or e-mail? I think you'll stand a much better chance of getting them to agree to the price quoted if you have some 'hard' evidence, but that's not to say you don't stand a chance without it.

There have been a couple of other threads with similar complaints, but I'm not sure whether they were with Virgin Travelstore or other agents. You could try doing a search in the UK forums with 'Virgin Travelstore' and see what comes up.

Having now spoken with the travel store it appears that I was originally quoted prices for July and not August hence the difference in price. I was prepared to accept that this was a genuine mistake by the operator I dealt with.

To cut a long negotiation short I agreed to a compromise in that I would pay half the extra amount I should have done. Now although I was not too happy about this, the cost of the whole package is still a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than I could find elsewhere.

Having taken some brief legal advice over the matter it would appear that the company would have been entitled to cancel the holiday and returned my deposit. Of course companies dont generally do this due to the bad PR it would create and the resulting loss of business.

I have no doubt that I could have continued to "push" the matter and obtained a slightly better deal but to be honest I couldnt see any great advantage in this as I suspect it would have just resulted in more hassel for me!

I would therefore say that in reviewing the whole incident that The travel store has dealt with me in a sensitive manner and I because of this I would not put anyone off from using them.

Rick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter