Virginia Beach

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
Has anyone been to Virginia Beach? What is it like? Is the vibe more Outer Banks or Myrtle Beach (we like both of these destinations but they have different vibes). What are some fun things to do in the area?

I've vacationed in Virginia Beach a few times. It's not like OBX at all. My experience with OBX is everything spread out, very quiet, etc. Never been to Myrtle Beach.

VB has a slight boardwalk vibe, but less trashy than OC Maryland. There's a long beachfront walkway. A pier. Shops and restaurants. Kinda like DE beaches, but less hoity toity.

There's a lot of locals and military folks, so it's not totally a tourist town. Good food, nice hotels, nice people.

I highly recommend the Diamond Resorts Boardwalk property. Really great ocean front rooms with kitchens, living rooms, etc.

Doesn't the Navy make a lot of noise?

I've lived in VA Beach and Myrtle, and back in the day, VA was exactly like Myrtle without the rides. I would say that VA is not quite the destination that Myrtle is, and it's a little more expensive so it doesn't draw as much of the trashy element, but whatever you do, do not go during Greek Fest. Myrtle isn't very safe anymore, but I don't think VA beach has the same bad reputation, or at least it didn't when I lived there. I don't think there are a lot of fun things to do there like there are in Myrtle. To me, it was more about the actual beach there and not so much the all out family activities. They had one water park and maaaaybe 2 putt putt places, but it's a bit more adult I'd say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter