Virgin's Seat Plus

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
I'd like to hear about your experiences using it. Although the T&Cs state that the option for choosing seats online is not available, we'd already done that before booking Seat Plus, and the operator said she'd leave that in place and link the two bookings so there was a chance we'd end up with those seats. She did qualify that by saying that, in common with all such seat allocations, there's no guarantee. She also said that it's sometimes possible to check in online even though the T&Cs indicate that's not an option.

So, for those who've used the service, did you get your original seat allocation (assuming you'd already selected them online as we have)? Were you able to check in online? If not, did you get to check-in early? If you hadn't already selected your seats, what were you allocated at check-in?

Has anyone booked Seat Plus and had the booking cancelled? If so, were you advised in advance, or did it happen at check-in? I'm assuming they don't remove Seat Plus seats from inventory until the last minute (i.e. if there's a chance they can sell a full fare, they're going to do it and I'm going to get unlucky). I don't object to paying £60 to have a seat assigned to us on a half-empty plane (rather than being a free-for-all after take-off) but I'm concerned that it won't actually be available when I come to board and then I'll have relinquished any chance I might have otherwise had of choosing seats.

We used this with Virgin this January going out to Orlando. We couldn't choose seats, the option on the manage my booking wouldn't let us. We had 3 seats at the front of the plane for hubby and I. I asked to sit at the front so could be of the plane easily, I think we had 20 something on the left.

We couldn't use online check in, we checked in early the day of our flight and all was fine.

Fantastic for us as hubby and I are of the pooh shaped variety, so having the extra space and not having to worry about squishing the third person it was a weight off my mind.

Unfortunatley it wasn't available for our return flight, but the flight was empty so we ended up having 3 each anyway :)

Hope that helps :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter