Virtual 12Ks of Christmas

The most runderful time of the year just became merrier with an all-new event from runDisney, the runDisney Virtual 12Ks of Christmas. Whether you go dashing through the snow, running in a winter wonderland or have a holly jolly jog in a place of your choosing, gather your friends and family for a little holiday Disney magic this December, wherever you run!

New runDisney Virtual 12Ks of Christmas Races logo

The first-of-its-kind virtual event features three 4K running events and a challenge, all hosted by favorite Disney friends. It’s also a perfect way to stay motivated during the holiday season and keep you from sledding off your training plans for a future runDisney event. The only thing sweeter than a chorus of Christmas carolers will be the sound of you crossing the finish line. Plus, who doesn’t love a few extra presents during the holidays, especially when they’re for your hard-earned efforts!

p832ryhu1yog6il13g34h7.jpg

While we’re not quite ready to unwrap all the event details, we invite you to jingle all the way to runDisney.com for more news to come this summer. Yule also want to save the date as registration opens on July 25, 2023. Excited for the runDisney Virtual 12Ks of Christmas? Share with us on social using #runDisney!

More details on this released.

$250

runDisney Virtual 12Ks of Christmas Highlights:

• Three 4K Virtual Races on Courses of Your Choosing
  • Participant Long-Sleeved Shirt Hoodie
  • Holiday CORKCICLE™ Mug and Hot Cocoa Kit
  • 4 Commemorative Finisher Medals That Double as Christmas Ornaments
  • Digital Race Bib and Finisher Certificates
  • Digital Race Tool Kit featuring Printable Mile Markers
Benefiting charity is Toys for Tots

Themes:

Mickey, Donald, and Goofy
Minnie and Daisy
Pluto

https://www.rundisney.com/events/virtual/12ks-of-christmas/

Four medals, a hoodie and a corkcicle
While it is expensive it’s not out of line with buying everything as it is on the ShopDisney site and getting 4 medals

Corksicle mug is $40-50, a hoodie is $60+
Virtual Series (also 4 medals) is $160

Whether that value lines up for you is a different question entirely. My girlfriend just got into running, I think we may split this one, it seems cute. We’ll toss the medal/ornaments on the tree.

$250 is an obscene amount of money. I bet it costs Disney more to ship the box than to supply the contents. There’s no excuse for virtual events to approach the cost of an in-person race.

$250 is an obscene amount of money. I bet it costs Disney more to ship the box than to supply the contents. There’s no excuse for virtual events to approach the cost of an in-person race.
I'd say that as much about the Summer virtual series though, that’s $160 for 4 medals and no other merch

The virtual challenge medal package for W&D costs $270, and that doesn’t include the nice extras (it does include the three freebie shirts if you want to count that I guess). The prices have been high ever since they returned to in-person races and people keep buying, so…

I'm not big on virtual races and only did a few during the pandemic when nothing in person was happening. When this was announced I thought maybe it would be something to do. I like Christmas, running, and Disney but at that price no way.

The price tag is a deal breaker for me. I know there's a lot of merchandise, but it's not $250 worth. That's a ticket and a half to the Parks!

All that being said, I'm really tempted by the Summer one. $100 less (albeit with no hoodie or mug), but still. I'm not getting to the Parks this year or next, so I can get that and split it out over three or four events in the Fall to stay motivated and get some Disney love in.

$250 is just too much!

I think the wording for the shirt on the website changed. It now says: “Participant Long-Sleeved Hooded Shirt”. It used to refer to a Hoodie (Participant Long-Sleeved Shirt Hoodie was the old language).
This makes me think it will be a thin T-shirt or tech material shirt with a hood - not a sweatshirt material type top which is what I thought of when it used to say “hoodie”. Hmmmm.

Opening with a queue so it looks fairly popular, at least at the moment. Current wait for me is 43 min - >1 hr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter