• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Belle , i am with you all the way with this one.
But Aengus why would disney close them down?
Do they have the monopoly on games ?
They did not want our custome , why should it bother them?
They are not the only people who had magic in their game.
Come on people give them a break ,nothing they do is ever good enough !
I must say they were favourite people on vmk as well, but i not on either game !! lol
I would blame Disney ,cause they started this, when they closed vmk.

You would blame Disney if VFK was violating the copyright?

Thats what I meant, the game has many similarities dont you think? The magic is just one similarity. If VFK continues to build a game just like VMK at some point they violate the copyright Disney or Sulake owns. Just because the game is gone doesn't mean they dont own it still.

I agree, not very fair since they did this quite late at night. I showed my boyfriend how to get to the new room (Merlins' shop outside) last night around 10pm EST and the shop was still not open at that time. And they didn't announce that they would be opening the shop later in the night with the free gift for those who went in.

I also did see a player post a picture on another forum of a host gifting them a magic pin via a trade window last night. I don't like seeing favorites played either.

I've been very positive about the game until this point, but these two things really turned me off.

The shop opened about 15 minutes before closing, and VFK stayed open about 15 minutes late. There were several players who had been given magic by one of the staff earlier in the day. One nice thing - when the shop did open the staff went around to all the rooms to tell people, so at least everyone who was logged on would know.

Grrr... ok, it took this adult female an HOUR to complete this quest. Too long in my opinion :) But anyways, I did it and I'm proud. However, I'm confused :teeth: Is the magic I received for the quest DIFFERENT than the two that are for sale? I wanted to buy the Sparkle pin with my 10K, but don't want to end up buying the same pin - is that the one I received as a quest prize? Or is that "sparkle" pin different than the one for sale?

Just don't want to waste those credits after going through all that....

Well I for one have been having lots of fun on VFK. Maybe if people spent less time complaining and more time playing many would too.

When the bird game first came out I was pathetic. I averaged 60 points a game. I practiced and practiced and now I average 3,000 a game and high score of almost 16,000.

I do not mind reading constructive criticism. For there are many things on VFK that still need fixed. Like being able to sit and stack items. But I can tell you right now which posters will only post everything negative time after time.

I and many who are playing regularly are enjoying the quests. Because we play regualarly we know the short cuts. We know where the rooms are and how to move around.

I have enjoyed the quick facts and todays quest was fun. When I remembered the pet rocks I used to have. The mood rings etc.

What upsets me is the people who complain and never have anything nice to say about VFK. Then go on when there is a quest. What is the point. If you do not like the game do not go on and do not play. Why bother. You already do not like anything they have done or probably will do.

Then to complain about the cost. Well I am sorry when I first joined VMK I could not do any of the games. I rode belle around the Jungle cruise just to save for a crown. Then to have is scammed.

There was not much furniture on VMK when it opened crates and theatre chairs were not that exciting. For most who could not play the games this is all we had. There was not much to do so we hung around talking to each other. For a long time. So why do you expect any different from VFK.

I have no issue with people that have tried the game said it is not for them. May come back later and go on to other games and gave their reasons why what they do not like about VFK. That is people I respect.

When I was getting 60 to hundred credits a game I did not give up and by the time the furniture came out I had enough to buy it all.

The bird game once you learn the tips and listen to others helpful hints and tips can be a good money maker.

People complain but the game is very educational. Not just who can click the mouse the faster or the the most accurate.

I would rather see this thread as help for VFK short cuts tips on Bird game. Etc.But unfortunately this thread is too busy saying everything that is wrong that the few left that like the game. Can not come here for help.

What I see is @ 85% is just complaining what's the point. What are you actually accomplishing by constantly pointing out all the negatives.

By now you should have decided this game is not for you.

I do not go on other threads and complain if I decided the game is not for me.
I can name many things wrong with other games people have decided to play.
But I decided the game is not for me. So let the others enjoy themselves.

I know there is a lot of back ground to how the developers started this game and started off on the wrong foot.

Well that is past. Wonder if this thread will ever change.

I was told people stopped posting because the the VFK cheerleaders. Well I am sorry but I do not see many cheerleaders left. But I can find many many dis players in the game regularly.

Maybe some day this thread will be come more balance.

I come and read everyday. And it never improves. I thought is was really nice that VFK gave everyone enough credits to buy one new pin. It was more than VMK did in the beginning.

Those who practice and practice the bird game should benefit from their new skills.

I have as many credits now than I did in VMK. Why? I took the time to learn the birds.

I downloaded all the birds that were provided for us from another place with VFK permission. It took for hours but I could have done it faster.

I invested my time and now I am getting results for it.

Sometimes good things come to those that work long at it.

Flame away.

No flames here Belle, hugs! I have to say I completely agree with all that you said. :thumbsup2

No flames here either belle, im with u all the way. I am still having fun in the kingdom, bugs and all. And i like being part of something from the ground floor up and seeing all the improvements, and laughing over the goofups ( I kinda miss getting stuck on the roofs, lol)

actually i thought this thread was pretty balanced for the past week and a half or so, not sure where all the firestorm came from

I saw people on the positive side and people on the negative side even teasing one another.

Oh well.... DING DING DING

Round 2 @_@

Just curious what you all think, especially with the recent topics.

What if they have finally cross the line and Disney or Sulake does eventually shut them down?

Will you be angry with Disney, Sulake, VFK, or just say oh well?

To be honest not sure how I would feel. I think if it was sulake I could understand. I think the only reason they would do this is if they had another game planned for us. Which could be a good thing.

If it was Disney I am biased and angry at them already.For to me I would see no reason since they do not have another game for us. But if they truly did cross the copy write line that is Disney's choice. I would have to accept that.

As for copy write not sure where that goes. Since if we truly did a real search of all on line games I think we would find many aspects of games that are very similar. I am not a copy write lawyer so have no idea what makes it theirs. Like Bandaids, how many versions of the same thing are there. or
a painting of a house in the forest. 50 people paint at the same spot. Which one is the original.

As for the educational aspect of VFK I do not remember reading that. Just it was based on history theming.

Yes I would be disappointed if the game was shut down. But I am enjoying what I can with it. I am not attached to it. Would just try and find something else to do.

That is why I do not understand the heated negatives. I am good if it succeeds I am good if it doesn't.

Also I think writing to them at their contact us does more that all these negative posts. Because I know many of us "so called sunshine and roses" people have written in our concerns. I tend to believe it is through that and not this place that is getting them to change with the concerns.

Some of the copy write info and concerns is very real and could be a major concern to the future of the game. I think it is a very important issue not to be pushed away. The pins are almost the same as VMK. But I do not understand the copy write on virtual items. I would spend time writing them at their contact page. Than hoping after negative after negatvie they are still coming back here to read this thread.

I do have to say it would be nice to have a thread here where those who are playing could just go to help one another or get help, without having to wade thru all the negative crap tho. Aengus....r u listening? :lmao:

I do have to say it would be nice to have a thread here where those who are playing could just go to help one another or get help, without having to wade thru all the negative crap tho. Aengus....r u listening? :lmao:

loud and clear! boy those graphics really stink in this thread :rotfl:

actually i thought this thread was pretty balanced for the past week and a half or so, not sure where all the firestorm came from

I saw people on the positive side and people on the negative side even teasing one another.

Round 2 @_@

It is because there was not much to complain about. But as soon as real big new items come out bang the posts start flying. A new quest not educational enough, to long, pins too expensive, pins look like VMK pins, and the list goes on. New items still old problems they was not doing it right. Etc Etc.

u might be listening....but r u hearing??:rotfl2:
wat?

It is because there was not much to complain about. But as soon as real big new items come out bang the posts start flying. A new quest not educational enough, to long, pins too expensive, pins look like VMK pins, and the list goes on. New items still old problems they was not doing it right. Etc Etc.

Well I have my own theory on why that is @_@

anyways, well the negative side could also say, the postive posts dont often have much to contribute either.

In fact most of them usually read "give them a break its beta"

Perhaps if people could list what is great about the game rather than just say people should be patient.

What if they have finally cross the line and Disney or Sulake does eventually shut them down?
Will you be angry with Disney, Sulake, VFK, or just say oh well?

Mad at Disney for closing VMK and trying to close where many went to. And mad at VFK for not relying on their own creativity and daring to be different.

But Aengus why would disney close them down?
Do they have the monopoly on games ?

No, but I think they expected us to be herded like sheep to one of their other games.

I'll admit that I probably wouldn't have known the name of the dude who wasn't a Beach Boy if I didn't complete the quest (wait, what was his name again?), but the trivia they're putting out there is pretty useless. Learning about ice cream and father's day is fun, but we've passed by some perfect opportunities to bring real information into the game. What about Flag Day? Hopefully Independence Day will bring a quest about American history, but since it's now the end-of-beta day for VFK, they'll probably pass on this one too.

(Sidenote: these images that were so graciously distributed by VFK are public domain- they don't own them, so shouldn't be giving permission for their use. I seriously object to that fansite watermarking them as their own, but i digress...)

Honestly, it seems like the Disboards are a sort of change agent for this game. Whenever serious concerns were raised here, they got their acts together and tried to fix the issues. The VFK-specific fansites seem to ignore any real problems with the game- I can't imagine what it would be like if those forums were the only form of feedback for the developers.

Yes, I would be happier with learning real history than useless trivia. I was expecting more of an educational game myself. I'm hoping they are just letting the kids relax a little since school just ended before they went back to their original plan.

I thought the same thing about the watermarking. Maybe they only did it to prevent other forums from taking the work and crediting as their own instead of taking the time to put it together themselves.

I like constructive criticism. Sometimes I see posts which are only negative with no real solutions.

The shop opened about 15 minutes before closing, and VFK stayed open about 15 minutes late. There were several players who had been given magic by one of the staff earlier in the day. One nice thing - when the shop did open the staff went around to all the rooms to tell people, so at least everyone who was logged on would know.

12:45 in the morning is a bit late for all the kids and many adults who are not lucky enough to be on the west coast. Something like this should be held during hours where most of the players can be on. Thumbs up to the staff who did search out players so they got a pin.

If it was a 25 credit buyable, I don't think I would have heard many complaints from others who also found out about this.
However, the fact is that the magic is sold for 10,000 credits. And now many players are only getting one, not both pins, which bothers me. Fortunately, I play birds well and this won't impact me. But I do believe in letting players have a fair chance at things. Even if I did get a free pin last night, I would still speak up today about it (just like I did when so many were robbed of their chance to complete their Pirate Quest). I don't believe in laziness, but I do believe in fairness.

Grrr... ok, it took this adult female an HOUR to complete this quest. Too long in my opinion :) But anyways, I did it and I'm proud. However, I'm confused :teeth: Is the magic I received for the quest DIFFERENT than the two that are for sale? I wanted to buy the Sparkle pin with my 10K, but don't want to end up buying the same pin - is that the one I received as a quest prize? Or is that "sparkle" pin different than the one for sale?

Just don't want to waste those credits after going through all that....

Woot Pink! :cheer2: The two pins in the quest are different than the two sold. I recommend you look at the pins in action and decide which you like best.

No flames here either belle, im with u all the way. I am still having fun in the kingdom, bugs and all. And i like being part of something from the ground floor up and seeing all the improvements, and laughing over the goofups ( I kinda miss getting stuck on the roofs, lol)

I enjoy finding the bugs and figuring out a way around them. I think it's added some excitement to the game.

I sorta agree with you, green, the only difference of the magic pins is that
the spells are a little different, they are under FX not pins, its says enchantment
not spells, the stars are lined up vertically and horizontally. But overall it looks
almost the same. Static is just like lightning, but I kinda like that, I never
got lightning magic in VMK ever despite it being my favorite magic :(

Also seeing the outside of Merlin's got me super excited for the inside, I agree
it is kinda lame.

Anyway I am glad the quest gives out such generous prizes. And I'm glad that
they finally managed to release Merlin's, since it was promised on what the 2nd
day of beta? It finally came out :)

Shark, I'm so glad you got the "Static Enchantment"!

I have to say that I actually like it better than VMK's lightning magic. For one, everyone has a chance to get it. Two, it really is more detailed and spread out.

Enchantments in general so far last longer when combined (up to 5*).

And the re-charge time is 0 at the 5* level.

(Sidenote: these images that were so graciously distributed by VFK are public domain- they don't own them, so shouldn't be giving permission for their use. I seriously object to that fansite watermarking them as their own, but i digress...)

:flower3:

these are the same images I downloaded to my computer and learned from them. So what they watermarked them. Does not stop anyone from downloading them if they want. The watermark does not effect the the bird pictures.

They took the time to find all the birds in the game put them together so we could see them and learn from them. VFK developers did not give them the pics. From what I understand they got a list and found them themself. But I could be wrong. Just it took a lot of time.

Because someone took the time and effort I can now play this game fairly well. Without it I would be hopeless.

The site is not private anyone can join it. Or you can just go there and get the pics. You do not even need to join. So what is the real issue here?

Oh and I did the quest in under 20 minutes. I knew the short cuts and waited for the crowds to not block the places :)

these are the same images I downloaded to my computer and learned from them. So what they watermarked them. Does not stop anyone from downloading them if they want. The watermark does not effect the the bird pictures.

They took the time to find all the birds in the game put them together so we could see them and learn from them. VFK developers did not give them the pics. From what I understand they got a list and found them themself. But I could be wrong. Just it took a lot of time.

Because someone took the time and effort I can now play this game fairly well. Without it I would be hopeless.

The site is not private anyone can join it. Or you can just go there and get the pics. You do not even need to join. So what is the real issue here?

Oh and I did the quest in under 20 minutes. I knew the short cuts and waited for the crowds to not block the places :)

Watermarking is generally used to protect images from copyright infringement. Watermarking is generally done by the owner of the image not anyone else.

By watermarking the images, they are claiming those images as their own, not as belonging to Audubon.

Round 2 @_@

1. Brace yourself...I agree the past week or so things were a bit more balanced.

2. So VFK gave free FX that sell for 10K in the store at an unannounced place/time. I am not pleased :mad:with VFK over this one. To those players that did get the freebie~What a great score! Congrats! :)

3. I agree that in addition to posting +/- feedback here, it would probably be a good idea to send it in using the contact us link....(Please don't fill my PM's again. I know even if you don't hear back from them I still suggest sending it in.) :surfweb:

4. One thing I will be sending in is my frustration that you have to select a quest prize. Just like I wanted both surfboards and ice cream sundaes, today I wanted both pins. :confused3 Please VFK. I don't want to play this game with a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter