Virtual Line and Express Pass Questions

MusicalDisneyDreams

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow.
First-timer here. I'm having trouble finding solid information about the virtual queues and the express passes. With the virtual queue options offered by the app, is it worth staying at a premier resort for the express passes? How do the virtual queues work? How does the express pass work?

We'd be going before Christmas if that makes a difference.

Express Pass from the premier hotels can be used on almost every ride - the biggest exception is Hagrid's. They work similar to Fast Passes in that there is a separate, shorter line. The big advantages over FP are that you don't have to pre-book them and you get more than the 3 that FP gives you initially.

EP makes touring simple. Walk into a park and pick a direction, then, as you walk past a ride, decide if you want to ride it or not. No crisscrossing the park trying to make your FP time.

With Virtual Queue (VQ), you book a 'return time' for a ride. When that time comes, head over to the ride and get in line. It's less convenient than EP, but it's free lol

VQ is also a bit odd in that the VQ option is not always available on a ride. When the standby line gets 'too long', they turn on VQ for that ride.

This thread had some good info https://www.disboards.com/threads/express-pass-vs-virtual-queue.3814577/

If I wanted to get into the Virtual Line for Hagrid’s, do I have to be inside Islands of Adventure, or could I be in Universal Studios also?

Hello,

If you stay one night at on of the premier hotels, do you get 2 days express pass? Check in and check out dates? or just one?

Gabe

Hello,

If you stay one night at on of the premier hotels, do you get 2 days express pass? Check in and check out dates? or just one?

Gabe

Two days.

From when you check in on the first day, which can be as early as 6am. Your room may not be ready, but you can head off to the parks as soon as you have the room keys which is your EP.

Check out day, EP is valid till park close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter