Virtual Queue?

ACJT

DIS Veteran
Will I need to be physically through the turnstiles to get access to the GotG virtual queue like when RotR was first open? Or will a park pass for Epcot work?

Will I need to be physically through the turnstiles to get access to the GotG virtual queue like when RotR was first open? Or will a park pass for Epcot work?
If they continue with what RotR changed to and what they did for Remy, the first VQ opportunity will open at 7 am eastern. So, you just need a park reservation for Epcot and can try for the VQ from anywhere.

It hasn't been officially announced, but it will probably work with a pass for Epcot.

There are lots of options. Most likely will just need a park pass to enter VQ. They could change to how they do ILL$ rides with resort guests getting first option, but they haven't done that yet. As I recall, the 1 pm VQ drop, you had to be in the park, but not for the 7 am.

if it's the same as the way Rise was working at the end, and the way Remy worked, you need a park reservation for Epcot but you can make your first attempt at 7 AM from wherever you are at the time. (the parks aren't open at 7 AM). There was usually a second attempt at 1 for Remy - and you had to be inside Epcot at that time. This meant you had to be inside Epcot before official park hopping time, so you would have still needed to have a park reservation for Epcot.

Will Guardians work that way, don't know.

It was such a hot mess when the queue involved physically be “in” the park to try for RoTR. I just can’t see disney ever reverting back To that methodology.

I would expect them to do as they did with RoTR and Remy. The 7 am drop, you need a park pass, but can be anywhere to get your VQ.
The 1 pm, you will need to be in the park.

I thought that at the end of the RoTR VQ you only needed to have gone to HS to be able to try of the 1PM ressie? Meaning, if you tapped into HS in the morning you could then leave and try for RoTR from Disney Springs at 1PM for example. You didn't necessarily have to be in the park to try for the VQ, though you would have to make it back in time for your boarding time.

I thought that at the end of the RoTR VQ you only needed to have gone to HS to be able to try of the 1PM ressie? Meaning, if you tapped into HS in the morning you could then leave and try for RoTR from Disney Springs at 1PM for example. You didn't necessarily have to be in the park to try for the VQ, though you would have to make it back in time for your boarding time.
I think that was correct at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter