Virtual race question

china mom

DIS Veteran
Let me start by saying that my husband has become a runner and has quickly become addicted. I aspire to one day walk again (I am on a knee scooter but hope to be in a walking boot in a week and fully ambulatory a month after that.

My question is: Is there any time limit for the virtual races? I know it is honor system so I could put any time I want down but I want to earn my medal honorably. So, let's say I am doing a 30 minute mile, would I still medal if I report that time?

Of course, I would get my surgeon's approval before attempting and I am thinking it won't be until next year. But I would like to have a goal.

Let me start by saying that my husband has become a runner and has quickly become addicted. I aspire to one day walk again (I am on a knee scooter but hope to be in a walking boot in a week and fully ambulatory a month after that.

My question is: Is there any time limit for the virtual races? I know it is honor system so I could put any time I want down but I want to earn my medal honorably. So, let's say I am doing a 30 minute mile, would I still medal if I report that time?

Of course, I would get my surgeon's approval before attempting and I am thinking it won't be until next year. But I would like to have a goal.
No, there is no time limit. You do not have to report a time to get your medal. You do not even have to run. There is no honor system; you pay your money you get your medal. The time you may optionally submit is just for a finisher's certificate.
Some folks who are injured or still training wait to display their medal until they have actually run the distance but that is totally up to you.
So the good news is you will be fine; earn your medal when you are ready.

There are no time limits or requirements to report times for the RunDisney virtual runs. You'll get your medal (and shirt, if applicable) in the mail just by registering. Submitting a time just lets you print a completion certificate if you want it. Run it however you want to. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter