Virus issues

LilyWDW

Going to My Happy Place
Hey all...

This morning I was able to get on the boards without any issue. However, when I tried a bit later this afternoon, AVAST started to block it (note: same edition of AVAST as of this morning so no changes to the program). I forced it to connect through and am getting a Malware block. It is blocking it in both Firefox and IE, though the quoted information is from my Firefox.

Malicious URL BLOCKED

Infection Details
URL: http://www.safesurf-check.com/gate.php
Process: file://D:\programs\Mozilla Firefox\firef...
Infection: al

That you would want to know and look into it in case there is an issue.

I am getting the same warning and issue on my PC (which is also using Avast).

I connected for this message using my MacBook Air. No problem there, of course.

Glad it is not just me.

Like I said, I had no issue this morning. It was only when I tried again this afternoon that I started to get the warning. Nothing about what I was using software wise was changed between the two sessions. So, I doubt it is Firefox or IE or Avast that is the issue.

I am getting the same warning and issue on my PC (which is also using Avast).

I connected for this message using my MacBook Air. No problem there, of course.

I have AVAST on my iMac and it too is giving me a problem. Seems to me it's a glitch in their latest virus definitions.

In my google research - this happened last year in April to some people and when they updated the virus definitions it was fixed.

So hopefully when they update the definitions tomorrow - it will go back to normal.

Same here, I had to completely turn off Avast to get in, never had this happen before.

Ditto. I was posting with some others on the Dis FB page and they said they were having trouble with Avast giving a virus alert. I have not had a virus alert come up but I do have Avast. So I tried turning it off to see if that worked and it did even though I had no indication from Avast there was a problem. I just get the message that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. And it is only for the Dis. I'm hoping someone techie here knows what to do because I doubt I will get any sort of answer from Avast. :confused:

had to get in using my notebook, that does not have Avast, I am not getting an error message just won't connect likes it does when the site is down

I have AVAST on my iMac and it too is giving me a problem. Seems to me it's a glitch in their latest virus definitions.

In my google research - this happened last year in April to some people and when they updated the virus definitions it was fixed.

So hopefully when they update the definitions tomorrow - it will go back to normal.

I didn't have an update to my virus definitions between the time I was on this morning and when I tried later on. I got one tonight... but that was after this started.

I did post on the AVAST forums about a potential false positive (this was before I took the step to whitelist www.disboards.com and saw the safesurf thingy). Hopefully that's all it is.

If you weren't getting notifications, likely you have Avast in Silent/Gaming mode (I had mine there for awhile too and couldn't figure it out :p) which blocks said notifications.

Scans of www.disboards.com on several scanning tool thingies came back clean. The safesurf came up suspect as a domain (since it was new), but no malicious stuff. Not sure what the gate.php page has on it though (this is the page that's trying to load that's being blocked by Avast as well). If there was a way to download the page code without opening it up in a browser, I'd take a look at it, but I don't think there is.

Ok took another look at something (thanks Google!) and that page doesn't even exist.

jsunpack analysis of the page in question said:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>404 Not Found</title> </head><body> <h1>Not Found</h1> <p>The requested URL /gate.php was not found on this server.</p> <hr> <address>Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.safesurf-check.com Port 80</address> </body></html>
I'm thinking it has something to do with a potential custom 404 redirect page that's triggering Avast (it's a common thing) or perhaps, some Apache (web-server technology) setting isn't configured right. Or, it was bad, and is gone now and it's all residual :p

It also looks like it may be a setup for a phishing fake internet security thingy, but we all know to avoid those anyway right?

Avast doesn't like safesearch php script
It gives a brief chance to allow the site but after that it blocks the site

We have had this problem before with Avast.
One issue we frequently see is that someone has something in their signature linked to something bad and that sets it off but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I think this is purely an avast issue.

I did post on the AVAST forums about a potential false positive (this was before I took the step to whitelist www.disboards.com and saw the safesurf thingy). Hopefully that's all it is.

If you weren't getting notifications, likely you have Avast in Silent/Gaming mode (I had mine there for awhile too and couldn't figure it out :p) which blocks said notifications.

Scans of www.disboards.com on several scanning tool thingies came back clean. The safesurf came up suspect as a domain (since it was new), but no malicious stuff. Not sure what the gate.php page has on it though (this is the page that's trying to load that's being blocked by Avast as well). If there was a way to download the page code without opening it up in a browser, I'd take a look at it, but I don't think there is.

Ok took another look at something (thanks Google!) and that page doesn't even exist.

I'm thinking it has something to do with a potential custom 404 redirect page that's triggering Avast (it's a common thing) or perhaps, some Apache (web-server technology) setting isn't configured right. Or, it was bad, and is gone now and it's all residual :p

It also looks like it may be a setup for a phishing fake internet security thingy, but we all know to avoid those anyway right?

How do you whitelist the disboards? I went to my Avast controls and excluded one page on the disboards site, and then it loaded. But when I tried to go to another page, that one didn't work. I didn't see anywhere to whitelist an entire site.

Yes, I had silent gaming mode on so now the alert comes up.

Ok, after fiddling some more, here is what I did. I put in web shield exclusions just the the first part of the url, not the specific page. Then I put asteriks * in front of .dis and after .com/ which made it work for any page I went to. Now it will load the page but I still get the warning from Avast about "safe search", so I'm turning on silent gaming mode again.

We used to have Norton which caused horrible problems so we switched to Avast which has been much better, but every once in a while it does something frustrating like this.

also having same issues
avast said to contact the site admin.

is there any solution yet????

still checking
I am ONLY able to get to this page on the website, got it from an internet search & link to it,
when I try to go to the main page it won't let me connect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter